What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby sand4fish » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:43 am

Axm wrote: ^You should really play the two Force Unleased games if you haven't already. Really great Jedi games that make you feel powerful. And the art is brilliant. Will probably replay them soon myself.

I try them out some time, thanks! I heard the story was awesome.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Axm
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:43 am

Thief on 360. Broken mess.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby myshtuff » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:18 am

Just bought and started downloading Star Wars Battlefront. I played the shit out of the last one forever ago. I hope this one doesn't blow.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Axm » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:49 am

I really love it. Theirs not a ton of content but whats there is addictingly fun.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Thief » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:25 am

MiTT3NZ wrote: Thief on 360. Broken mess.

Calm down. I was drunk and had never used one before! Give me a freaking break.

Thief has received 7 thanks from: Kenny, MiTT3NZ, Monkei, OL, Raithos, south carmain, St. Elmo's Fire
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Monkei » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:05 am

:lol:
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Axm » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:17 pm

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Been awhile since I played a PS3 game and ive realized just how damn slow the PS3 is checking things like trophies and loading.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:07 am

I have Just Cause 3 sitting here that I got yesterday, but the draw of Fallout 4 is STILL holding me. Mentioned Skyrim in comparison a few times now, but damn, it's drawn me into its world and lore in exactly the same way. 150+ hours and still think the end could be quite far away, though it is forcing me to make some annoying decisions with available choices I sometimes agree with none of at this point.

Basically, I've teleported into the Institute and now it's coming down to being Institute vs Brotherhood of Steel vs Minutemen vs Railroad. I'm not that keen on BoSteel, seem a bit too forceful and military dictatorship for my liking, but I'm not sure I've finished their most relevant questlines so don't want to tick them off too much yet (though I did shoot down one of their Vertibirds just to show off to my Institute Courser follower). I quite like Railroad and the Minutemen, they're mostly about compassion and helping the needy, Railroad for rouge Synths and Minutemen defending the settlers and farmers of the Commonwealth, so they should be able to co-exist nicely, but nope, the story is demanding that I make decisions that pits them at odds with one another too. But I really don't wanna help the Institute too much either, even though Father is his son!

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Raithos
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:01 pm

I think this is the most games I've ever been seriously, consistently playing at the same time:
Payday 2
Warframe
Ghost in the Shell: First Assault
Yakuza 5
Ys Origin

Just switching off between them all. Usually I hit one thing at a time, maybe two. I guess the fact that some of them are mainly reserved for co-op with my brothers is a part of it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:10 am

I'm doing one of those hellish "over when spotted" missions in MGS5. I spent the good part of an hour stealthy fultoning soldiers and a prisoner. I got the last Walker after so much cockteasing.

Mission complete, so I run out of there...and then I get spotted. Mission failure. Have to start right where the last checkpoint was which didn't even fucking save all that other progress I did.

Man when it comes to checkpoint placement, this game likes to BEND YOU OVER AND FUCK YOU IN THE ASS
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:59 am

I'm SO glad I didn't buy that now. These things you describe sound like the things that nip my head in games too, but you're a level headed sort of a person yet even you're swearing about it, which means I'd probably have traded it in by now!

Oh, unexpectedly got the Game of Thrones game from a couple I know. Made by Telltale, whose Walking Dead games I quite liked, so this should be passable too. Gonna be a long time before it gets unwrapped though, had a quick go of JC3 earlier and it's pretty much exactly as I hoped, same HUGE open world and gameplay is more of the same, but now with some of the biggest and most impressive explosion effects I've even seen in a game. Shooting still a pain if you're used to playing "normal" shooters (i.e. you pretty the left trigger to focus/aim, JC3 doesn't have this, it's just a sort of auto-aim) though...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby SickOctopus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:40 am

Finally decided to give the Yakuza series a try the other day. Dusted off the old PS2 and started with the original. I'm only up to chapter 7 at the moment, but enjoying it at this point. Always been curious about these games, but for some reason, never took it upon myself to actually play them until now.
SickOctopus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: AJK1986
Steam: AllyK86
Currently playing: Life is Strange

Postby ShenGCH » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Kenny wrote: I'm doing one of those hellish "over when spotted" missions in MGS5. I spent the good part of an hour stealthy fultoning soldiers and a prisoner. I got the last Walker after so much cockteasing.

Mission complete, so I run out of there...and then I get spotted. Mission failure. Have to start right where the last checkpoint was which didn't even fucking save all that other progress I did.

Man when it comes to checkpoint placement, this game likes to BEND YOU OVER AND FUCK YOU IN THE ASS

Which mission were you playing, dude?

EDIT: "I got the last Walker after so much cockteasting." I'm an idiot. So, you're referring to "[Total Stealth] Footprints of Phantoms", right? I honestly only had to restart the mission twice in order to fully nail it down; D-Dog and a silenced tranq sniper are your best friends in a mission like this. The only thing that really threw a spanner in the works were the fucking riot suit enemies, but they were quickly taken down by commanding D-Dog to stun them combined with me putting the regular enemies to sleep. I think there are approximately five enemies covering the Walkers on the right side of the village, and a few scattered about the ones on the left. I recommend going for the ones on the right first (extracting instead of destroying them is infinitely less problematic), making sure to take out all enemies in that particular area, then sneaking around to the ones by the tents, taking out the few enemies that pose a threat, making sure to utilise D-Dog's ability to stun enemies, then going for them before getting clear of the enemies and running out of the Hot Zone.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:09 pm

I cranked a few more hours into Trails in the Sky Second Chapter today after about a month absence. For those JRPG fans still holding out on this series, you really owe it to yourself to check it out some time, they are cheap and very fun and plenty of content and game hours for the price.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby shredingskin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:05 pm

Dead Synchronicity: tomorrow comes today.

Pretty interesting PnC adventure (I was happy, I thought it might been a VN). Around 2 hours in, still getting stronger.

Good setting, artstyle and music.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming