What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby myshtuff » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:47 am

Been replaying Jet Set Radio on steam. I can literally play this game 1000 times over and never get bored. Probably have already. :)
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:04 am

Raithos wrote: Change the controls to "manual" and then you will use A to attack and B to defend. Right now it's set for the computer to attack for you, not sure why the game defaults to that, takes the fun out of it.

Ahh, sweet, I'll check in to that. Not sure how I missed it the first time. Probably skipped over it accidentally while I was looking for a japanese voice option (which is absent; woe is me!).

EDIT: Fuck it, I just popped in Tales of Xillia, and it's hooked me. Think I'll be going through that before anything else.
Really impressed by it so far. The graphics and presentation are absolutely amazing for a Tales game (the series has never been this top-notch before), and the combat seems the smoothest the Tales series has ever been. I love the dodging abilities of Jude. Only played for a couple hours so far, so I'm sure it only gets better from here.
The game is definitely pointing in a good direction. Me like.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:49 am

I am currently re-addicted to Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion. Playing on PC with mods out the ass.

I just blew through Beyond 2 Souls.

Next game to go through is Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks on the original Xbox.
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm completely enamoured with Resident Evil 0 [GC] & Dangan Ronpa [Vita], at the moment.

I'm sort of sad about RE0 though, since that will be the last game of its ilk in the series that I haven't played up until now. No more classic RE games to play after this. At least there's still Revelations, I guess, but even that's more of a merge between the old and new RE.

Oh yeah, and Billy Coen is a bad ass, he's already one of my favourite protagonists the series has ever had.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Axm, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 pm

^^YES, RE0 deserves more credit than it gets. Great game, and I actually liked the character-switching mechanic.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Yama » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:26 pm

Played the Titanfall beta, fun game. Not a fan of modern day COD or many twitch shooters in general, though this is a hair different.

Gunplay: There is none. Typical COD nonsense, see em' and spray em'. First glance wins.
Titans: Can actually get into gun fights, dodge, catch bullets and eventually eject. Fun.
Map navigation: Stylish and ironically the game changer. Getting good at wall riding, zigzagging and double jumping allows good movement and most of all quicker access to decent vantage points.

I'll get it, runs butter smooth and need something to play on my One.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby myshtuff » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:51 pm

I just got into the beta also. I will be checking it out soon.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Calshot » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:52 pm

I've played through the prologue of Witcher 2. I'm having some trouble getting used to the controls. Everything's new and shiny, but the controls seem to have gotten a little less intuitive in the process. Could just be me though.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Raithos
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Raithos » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:44 am

Calshot wrote: I've played through the prologue of Witcher 2. I'm having some trouble getting used to the controls. Everything's new and shiny, but the controls seem to have gotten a little less intuitive in the process. Could just be me though.

PC? I played the first one with K/M, but for me the second one was made for a game pad. It just feels so fluent and natural that way. I hooked my PC up to my TV and used a DS3. Great game, hope you enjoy it!
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:27 am

25 hours in on Bravely Default, 37.5 hours on Golden Sun, and Starting a new play through of Bayonetta.

*Kenshin Himura* has received a thanks from: Raithos
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby OL » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Surprised to say that after only three days, I'm already 13 hours into Tales of Xillia. I know it ain't much to some people, but it always surprises the hell out of me when I start in on an RPG and make headway like that. Wouldn't normally think I have that kind of time, but... here I am.
The game is freakin wonderful too. The initial main characters are a teensy bit "seen it before," but that's to be expected with the series. They're pretty likable overall, with Teepo being the only groan-inducer for me so far (the blatant "friendship" talk almost feels like they're trying to be generic and cheesy). But aside from him, everyone is pretty good, in some cases even taking a welcome sidestep from the Tales norm.
And I love the visual customization. It's not particularly dramatic, but it's fun to dress the characters up with little things like glasses or sheathed daggers. As soon as I figured out how to actually use the DLC costumes that came with the CE, that had me smiling as well. The Cless and Stahn outfits look excellent. I'm tempted to download more of the "classic" costumes, but the 3-dollar price tags are a little much.
The battle system is goddamn excellent, as is to be expected. Retains all that was great about games past, but adds some cool bells and whistles to spice things up (the link system is a great tactical element). One doesn't mind grinding when the battles are this fun.
One odd observation: I found myself really impressed by the load times. They're almost nonexistent. With all of the games I've played more recently, I always find myself expecting to sit through a load screen whenever I fast-travel or hit a cutscene, but switching areas in this is instantaneous, while I haven't seen a load screen for more than about two seconds in any other case. Strange how something like that can seem so impressive.

Definitely in this one for the long haul. It's really a pretty great step up for the series. I'm already excited as hell that Xillia 2 was announced for localization. Enjoying the backdrop for this one thus far, so the certainty that there's more on the horizon makes me feel good.

OL has received 3 thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*, AnimeGamer183, Raithos
OL
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:59 pm

I just finished the first Deus Ex again and went back to Red Dead Redemption now.

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Got around to playing Sleeping Dogs.

Haven't really gotten far into the game but I can say that I'm enjoying it more than I did GTA5.The choice of setting is refreshing.

Actually, while playing GTA5 I was thinking at times : "Hmm, Sleeping Dogs did this particular thing better." GTA got a lot of other things right then instead but it still surprised me that Rockstar didn't take a few extra hints from others out there.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Raithos » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:58 pm

OL wrote: They're pretty likable overall, with Teepo being the only groan-inducer for me so far (the blatant "friendship" talk almost feels like they're trying to be generic and cheesy).

I bet you grow to love Teepo! His personality is totally justified, you'll see. Best Tales game for me since Destiny, and that's saying something. And while searching for that gif, I found this.

Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Calshot » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:43 pm

OL wrote: They're pretty likable overall, with Teepo being the only groan-inducer for me so far

A case of art imitating reality?

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby IrishNinja » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:09 am

Tying up Albert Odyssey, hoping for Elevator Action Returns to show up soon! just got a repro of Bare Knuckle 3 so i've been on that a lot, and as my backloggery says, DK '94 on the pooper.

IrishNinja has received a thanks from: OL
IrishNinja
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: TheIrishNinja
XBL: The NZA 2099
Nintendo FC: IrishNinja
Steam: The NZA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Guardian Heroes

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming