What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Ash » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Glass Rose and Wario Land 3.
Ash
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonikku » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:35 pm

Playing Vanilla WoW. Feels like a completely different game, :shock:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby GYO6161 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:38 am

I tried playing some Life is strange.... wasn't feeling it... woah man, that dialogue... ugh... *cringe*

On a good note though, Enjoying the crap outta Gravity Rush Remastered.

GYO6161 has received 3 thanks from: Monkei, OL, Raithos
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby Kenny » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:00 pm

I got Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty some time ago along with Unfinished Swan and some other game on PSN.

I'll be playing them this weekend but I've just been killing it with MGS5. I think I finished almost all the SideOps which means all that's left are S ranking the regular missions and doing some FOB missions here and there. As a game, I really grew to appreciate it more. Only because I received all the best weapons, items, and upgrades for buddies so it's easier to DO things as opposed to before where I kept getting raped left and right by eagle-eyed guards.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:42 pm

The Fallout 3 free edition I got as a download code for buying Fallout 4 (which I completed and loved and was immersed in enough to waste about 170 hours of my life on. Great evolution of the game engine and levelling up mechanics after playing several different versions of the similars across Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 4 and now Fallout 3).

Xbox 360 emulation on the XB1 isn't that great. :???: This is quite a jerky game. After my comment above, it looks and feels closest to Oblivion, but actually falling shorter, like an original Xbox x 1.5, 'cos at least when I played it on 360 it was smooth and seamless and still looked quite nice most of the time. F3 being emulated on XB1 is a bit stuttery and jerky a lot of the time, and everything just looks dark as bleak as fuck nearly all of the time! Even in comparison to the other games I'm comparing it to, which themselves had similar criticisms, so I should be used to it, but damn

To be honest the combination of the bleakness and the technical limitations is affecting my enjoyment a bit, but I will carry on regardless.
phpBB [video]

Fuck me at the quick loading times though, they are appreciated at least!

I was also playing Just Cause 3, but kinda gave up on a mission that has fucked me to pieces, black and blue. It made me swear. Not sure when I'll go back, the game was as I was hoping, more of the same, but I dunno, I felt it's got a lot of cool shit above Just Cause 2, but think it's lost something too. An open-world game, like the games in the paragraph above, it lacks the variety of the second game I reckon, which had stuff like the Mile High Stripclub, that massive dish installation, some epic military airports deserts and snowy bits which I've not seen in JC3 yet. It had way more variety in the vehicles too. Oh yeah, and that "secret island" where there were Japanese who were still fighting WW2 and had been stereotypically clever and built a massive Tesla weapon installation! Unlikely and unrealistic, yes, but ideal in Rico Rodriguez's James Bond on steroids, PCP and Red Bull (who I'm actually kinda surprised didn't sponsor this game, since they like "extreme" stuff, though maybe revolutionary CIA assisted rebel character is not the kinda thing they wanna go for).

The loading times and the way that the online signin will sometimes disconnect and then reconnect and sometimes interrupt the game as you're playing it are both fucking atrocious.

Wingsuitting is fun and well implemented, the driving mechanics and handling of the vehicles is decent enough, same with boats..but the flying, OMFG what a mess they've made with that! :mad: Helicopters are tolerable and can be fun and are better than the way they went about it it in GTA5, but the planes, Jesus fuck! :-o :shock: :evil:
They went from the fun way to get about quickly in the world of JC2 (which by the way, had a world which felt bigger than every other game I've mentioned in this post, including the Bethesda ones. It felt gigantic. I played it for a while before F4 so was quite well placed to compared sizes (FNARR!!), and for some reason, it just felt a good margin bigger in both length AND girth than any other game I've ever played. It's number one for me. =D> :-o Anyway enough of that...) to the slow and difficult to place and aim with mess they now are!

Weapons and aiming are still weird, but I can get used to it.

Grappling hook is still as awesome as ever. And the extra shit you can do with tethering stuff together is pretty useful too. I'd say they got this bit right.
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Raithos » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:53 pm

GYO6161 wrote: I tried playing some Life is strange.... wasn't feeling it... woah man, that dialogue... ugh... *cringe*

I really had to force myself to play it once I started. Took me almost two weeks to finish a 12 hour game. The story and mechanics sounded promising, but all the big moments felt really forced to me. The reviews really over hyped it. I just think they could have done a lot better with it. There were way too many "Seriously, you expect me to believe that" moments. After enjoying Remember Me I had higher expectations for the story and characters.

Raithos has received a thanks from: Monkei
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Just taking a break after the breathtaking opening of The Phantom Pain. Seriously, I've never seen or played anything like it. The whole horse obsession is utterly bonkers, but I'm now completely on board with the weird arse mutant types.

Still thinkin bout it... just wow. This is not the same guy who did Snake Eater and Peace Walker, if he says he is, he's lying, and if you lot believe him you're fucking idiots. Also privately buzzin that I got an S Rank straight off the bat n'all. Not a massive achievement, I know, but I usually end up pissin about lookin at scenery n shit first time round that I end up with lesser stats.

This shit is dark, brutal, and undeniably mad, but it's already shapin up to be one of the best things I've ever played.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Monkei
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby OL » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:24 pm

^^Just know that the rest of the game is nothing like the opening. There's only one other part that's anywhere near as "directed" as the opening, but it isn't quite as nutso-batshit crazy.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:34 am

It's a shame, but I'm enjoying the fact it's primarily a tactical stealth game (at the moment, at least) Also glad to see the tedious merc management sim from Peace Walker's back n'all, I actually enjoyed that. Tried out the online segment too, though just the regular TDM. Lookin forward to tryin Extraction tomorrow, see if it holds a candle to Splinter Cell. Genuinely enjoyable though, I can see it bein one I play a lot once I unlock more abilities.

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: Kenny, Monkei
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Monkei » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:38 am

GYO6161 wrote: I tried playing some Life is strange.... wasn't feeling it... woah man, that dialogue... ugh... *cringe*

This. Almost died from cringing during each episode. Otherwise it's an okay game I'd say.

I'm playing Assassin's Creed IV at the moment, pretty good. Haven't played an AC since III (and won't play another one until they come up with something new or finally do feudal Japan or something). I'm enjoying the sailing and the whole pirates of the caribbean flair. Not so much enjoying all of that typical AC quest marker to do list stuff, which is copy and paste from last year's AC, like everytime, and bores me to death. So I'm ignoring most of it obviously.

I'm also playing Super Meat Boy, just reached the 5th world of the light world playthrough. I love this game, it's so much fun. It's one of those "alright, one more level, but then I'll really stop" games. Can't stop enjoying it.
Monkei
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:19 pm

Well Amazon sent me through 2 copies of Gravity Rush HD for PS4 for some reason, started played the other copy a couple of days ago. Must say that I am appreciating the game even more on a big screen with pretty up-ressed HD graphics and improved controls (gravity slide is so much easier to pull off now). Also given a new sense of 'wow' with regards to how great this game is. There's so few games out there that perfectly merged open world (one of my favourite ever since every areas is packed with great sights and hidden shit all over the place, actually making me give a shit about collecting those gems like crazy since levelling up Kat is so fun in this game), 3D platforming, action/brawler combat and just a sense of wonder and awe. The exploration aspect and sense of discovery in this game is one of the best out there.

Also forgot how the game has its own created language just like Panzer Dragoon series, Ico, Nier etc. Reminds me of a time when games really got your imagination ticking as you explored these weird and wonderful worlds that were unlike any other. Also makes me so damned hype for Gravity Rush 2.

Also been playing Yakuza 4 and actually going to finish it and head straight into 5. I've also finally bought The Old Hunters DLC for Bloodborne, so I will have to play through a good chunk of BB again before being able to access it (did a quick session last night and got my ass handed to me royally again, hehe), but I'm totally fine with that. Can't wait to see the new content there either.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Raithos » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:23 pm

Gimme the extra lol

Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space for Vita. So glad to have a portable game from the series on Vita. If I remember correctly we never got this version before. It’s a blast to play. Been mainly using the Pale Wing (OP as all hell with the Jetpack) and playing on break/lunch. Granted it’s an older game, but it runs flawlessly on Vita. I have yet to hit the ceiling limit when flying around, I run out of energy way before that. Classic EDF gameplay so if you’re a fan of the series I would definitely pick it up. It’s only 29.99 brand new. I plan on picking up 4.1 once I finish this.

Raithos has received a thanks from: OL
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:42 pm

No. Give it me. And your other copy. And PS4. Your TV. Settee. Car (if you have one) And anything else you have on you when you're handin it all over. You still owe me for convincing me to play through Deadly Premonition.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:47 pm

I share the "blame" for that along with Oppy and Riku, actually. And yeah, I have a car. My settee is really old and mank, have at it. My PS4 and other copy are attached to my TV which are weighted down by the rats falling through my ceiling at the mo. If you want a pet rat along with that shit, by all means.

Still, if you want the game, Mitts, you'll have to get it in person so I can fight you about the Deadly Premonition hate. Let it be a Manc vs Lancs throwdown.

Raithos, if you can make it to the UK this weekend, it's yours, lol. Otherwise, soz beef.
EDF on Vita sounds really appealing. Do you get to use mechs in that one? I seem to remember one of them having mechs that Orange talked about a while back and sounded coolio.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Fine, but I'm bringin a stool. Can't fight without something cumbersome to hit you over the head with.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming