*Hits GC with a pole*

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Daemos » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:45 pm

Kill the kube kill the station. DC and Xbox rule!
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby goaliefrk » Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:48 pm

Woohoo, not really.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby Daemos » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:24 pm

And why is that?
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Cpt. Ultimate K Prime » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:41 pm

whiteShadow wrote:Kill the kube kill the station. DC and Xbox rule!
He's right
Cpt. Ultimate K Prime
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby goaliefrk » Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:58 pm

GCN is a good system....lets not go into details....by the way you don't have to kill the PS2, it'll break itself on it's own.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby JAPANFAN » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:10 am

goaliefrk wrote:by the way you don't have to kill the PS2, it'll break itself on it's own.

Ha ha. So true. :P My PS2 has been acting up for the longest time. :P It won't play any blue-bottomed PS2 discs, and I have trouble even playing some older PlayStation software. :x Sometimes the system doesn't start up, other times it will freeze midway through a game for no reason whatsoever. :x

And you're right, the GameCube is a good system. :D It's a little reminiscent of the N64 at the moment, but hey, that's alright - it still has plenty of fun titles to play. :D
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby TEEPO™ » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:08 am

I have the same problem with the blue disks--that sucks. X-box rules though. I've got a GC, but never played it that many times. I only bought it for the Resident Evil series. I only bought X-box for the Shenmue series, lol. Never thought I'd actually say ''X-box is the best.''

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby FoxHound » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:44 pm

The Gamecube is a great system for 1st party games, but its problems stem from the lack of 3rd party support. Unfortunately, Nintendo consoles only attract Nintendo fans for the most part. The cause of this is because, whether you like to admit it or not, the only things on Nintendo home consoles that are worth purchasing are games made by Nintendo themselves (with very few exceptions here and there). Look at the top selling games for the Gamecube and you'll see that most of them are 1st party titles.

Most 3rd parties don't care much for the Gamecube and you can't blame them. Would you, as the executive of say...Enix, give your best titles to a console where you have to compete with the company that made it, even if you knew your game would not sell well because it will most likely be overlooked? I know I wouldn't.

This problem causes those people who don't care much for Nintendo (such as myself), to lose interest in the console. Of course, the problem goes deeper than that, and Nintendo themselves are to blame because they have done next to nothing to remedy this problem. That's not a good thing for them and unless Nintendo changes, they'll go the way of Sega.

Unlike the competition (Microsoft and Sony), Nintendo relies heavily upon its fanbase for profit. The thing is that every generation this fanabase gets smaller and smaller. Nintendo needs to do something to attract a wider range of consumers in order to enlarge their fanbase, or they will reach a point when their following is so small that it will no longer be able to support them. That was the problem with Sega and one of the many reasons why the Dreamcast died. Casuals were not into the DC and the only ones purchasing the console were hardcore gamers who could in fact appreciate it. However, in the current state the industry is in, consoles are much more expensive to make then say...8 years ago? This means that hardware companies can no longer look towards hardcore gamers alone as means of making a profit.

Sure, the Gamecube isn't affected by the problem of the shrinking fanbase and don't expect the next Nintendo console to be affected either. However, as each generation passes the condition will worsen. Nintendo has already stated that they have made 40% less profit then usual, and it doesn't seem like a big deal right now. However, sooner or later, those percentages will go from lack of profit to actually losing money.

Nintendo needs to stop being stubborn and bend over backwards for the consumer if they ever expect to stay afloat.
FoxHound
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby goaliefrk » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:55 am

They lost the 2K games as well, which was a big reason I bought the XBOX.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Previous

Return to General Gaming