New Device to Help Parents Control Their Kids Gaming

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

New Device to Help Parents Control Their Kids Gaming

Postby T1249NTSCJØ » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:18 am

The longtime argument between children and parents over playing videogames vs. doing homework and whatnot is about to come to an end according to the makers of a new device, Time-Scout.

Time-Scout was inspired by Kent Hansen’s 11-year-old son who argued with his father one too many times. Hansen says, "You get home and the kid is playing Nintendo or the computer when they're supposed to be doing homework. With this product, there's no argument, because you can't argue with a box."

The Time-Scout works by being plugged into the wall. Devices like videogame systems are plugged into the Time-Scout, and each user has an ATM-like card that swipes thorough the machine and lets the person play for the allotted amount of time. Parents can set the time on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, and when time runs out, the unit turns the power off. It also gives warnings at 15, 5, and 1 minute marks so that the player can save the game safely.
T1249NTSCJØ
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gutcruncher » Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:22 am

hmm, not a bad idea. Of course, it is easily made useless because it will only take about 30 seconds to figure out that you can just unplug it from the wall
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ChaiOgawa » Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:07 am

Hahaha good point. And that sucks if yourplaying a game like splinter cell where you have to make it to a checkpoint instead of being able to save it right away, like shenmue as well.
ChaiOgawa

Postby goaliefrk » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:07 am

Splinter Cell does have lots of check points though, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem, I'm so glad my parents don't care how long I play my XBOX, or GCN, or PC.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby shinneri » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:15 am

I guess this is a good idea. But I'm glad my parent don't care how long I play either.
shinneri
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:19 pm

Oh you can't argue with a box eh? Surely he has not seen how my freind argues with his x box when the aliens give him a hard time in Halo.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Daemos » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:31 pm

lol. It's a stupid idea IMO. Just turn it off, then turn it back on when the parents are about to get home.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Daemos » Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:32 pm

That WASN'T a tip!
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby goaliefrk » Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:24 am

Muhuhahahahahah....*runs to room to start playing xbox again*....
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Daemos » Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:35 pm

Dumb kid. :roll:
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby goaliefrk » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:21 pm

Not so dumb anymore, heehee.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:45 pm

even if the damn thing was locked in the wall... kids could just route an extension cord to the next socket... so I don't see HOW this is helping in anyway. If the parents have that much problems with that then they could just... take the console away from the kid.... and guess what... that costs them $0.

Who's gonna buy a timer plug for a game console anyway... and I bet these guys don't even have enough money to advertise the damn thing.
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby goaliefrk » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:04 pm

LOL...
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: New Device to Help Parents Control Their Kids Gaming

Postby santino » Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:20 pm

T1249NTSCJØ wrote:The longtime argument between children and parents over playing videogames vs. doing homework and whatnot is about to come to an end according to the makers of a new device, Time-Scout.

Time-Scout was inspired by Kent Hansen’s 11-year-old son who argued with his father one too many times. Hansen says, "You get home and the kid is playing Nintendo or the computer when they're supposed to be doing homework. With this product, there's no argument, because you can't argue with a box."

The Time-Scout works by being plugged into the wall. Devices like videogame systems are plugged into the Time-Scout, and each user has an ATM-like card that swipes thorough the machine and lets the person play for the allotted amount of time. Parents can set the time on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, and when time runs out, the unit turns the power off. It also gives warnings at 15, 5, and 1 minute marks so that the player can save the game safely.

thats fuckin bullshit, parents are fuckin homos. thank god im too old for that shit tho
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby LinuxHack86 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:32 pm

I think the bastard who came up with this idea is F***ing
Slow... And i think he is one stupid Motherf***er!
LinuxHack86
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to General Gaming