What do you think of Square-Enix?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

How do you like the company merged (Total votes: 13)

Don't like them
23%
Like them as one
62%
They were better seperate
15%

What do you think of Square-Enix?

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Sat May 03, 2003 5:12 pm

What do you think of the merged company?
It doesn't make much difference to me... but judging from the E3 lineup... I only like the Enix part of the Square. LOL
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby squall3 » Sat May 03, 2003 6:33 pm

square is the best, final fantasy 8 the best game ever.
squall3
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Shenmueplaya » Sat May 03, 2003 6:40 pm

They don't seem bad as a whole. Besides, two big things together equal even bigger things to come. ;)
Shenmueplaya
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby JAPANFAN » Sun May 04, 2003 1:18 pm

I have no problem with it whatsoever. The only thing I ask of them is that they not let the Squaresoft employees lay their hands on any of the upcoming Dragon Warrior titles.
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Zhao » Sun May 04, 2003 7:17 pm

i do like there new name. Square Enix. Doesnt that sound sexy?
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Forklift#5 » Sun May 04, 2003 8:41 pm

yeah, i am very sexually aroused
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Zhao » Tue May 06, 2003 7:19 pm

lol
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueAddict » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:24 am

squall3 wrote:square is the best, final fantasy 8 the best game ever.

why dont u piss off to a FF forum then? coz ATUALLY Shenmue is th best game ever
ShenmueAddict
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: Patrickingham2
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Postby goaliefrk » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:26 pm

My gosh Addict, don't freak out just cause someone else's favorite game isn't yours, what if I said my favorite game was Splinter Cell? Would start cussing me out and telling me to leave the forums?
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby MidnightGamer » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:47 pm

Square Enix are two great companies who hopefully can learn from each other. FFX-2 is coming!!!
MidnightGamer
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby goaliefrk » Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:24 am

You gotta be kidding me...besides all the hot chicks I bet it will suck, it's been getting bad reviews already.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Postby TEEPO™ » Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:26 pm

I saw the clips of FF-2, and I wasn't that impressed, infact, I was horrified, allmost felt like I was gonna be sick. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big FF fan, but they certainely f**ked up FF-10. It was a load of shite, I was hugely dissapointed that it was a very straight-forward game. I think FF has reached it's limit--the series is gonna come to a hault....

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:54 am

TEEPO wrote:I saw the clips of FF-2, and I wasn't that impressed, infact, I was horrified, allmost felt like I was gonna be sick. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big FF fan, but they certainely f**ked up FF-10. It was a load of shite, I was hugely dissapointed that it was a very straight-forward game. I think FF has reached it's limit--the series is gonna come to a hault....

Play the Star Ocean, Grandia, or Xeno series... they've ALWAYS been better than Final Fantasy anyway lol
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Final Fantasy X-2.

Postby Shodan » Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:27 am

Marcel Randle wrote:
TEEPO wrote:I saw the clips of FF-2, and I wasn't that impressed, infact, I was horrified, allmost felt like I was gonna be sick. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big FF fan, but they certainely f**ked up FF-10. It was a load of shite, I was hugely dissapointed that it was a very straight-forward game. I think FF has reached it's limit--the series is gonna come to a hault....

Play the Star Ocean, Grandia, or Xeno series... they've ALWAYS been better than Final Fantasy anyway lol

Right with you there, I haven't played the Star Ocean or the Xeno series(I know I really ought to), but the Grandia games are certainly better the tiresome FFX.

I don't think FFX-2 seems that bad, the j-pop/girly group thing could actually turn out to be a break from the conventional "save the world" theme(though I'm sure that's what they'll end up doing anyway! lol). Hey, I wish the party was more like, Dante, Ocelot and frickin Lan Di, but at least the j-pop/girly group thing will be a change. That's what the FF series needs: a radical and revolutionary change.

FF hasn't really changed much in 16 years. I mean - sure, there is now a bigger party and the flashy FMVs but the core mechanics are still pretty much indentical. -And that's why I think the Zelda series are so much more better, the first Zelda game came out in the same year as FFI, but since then Zelda has changed and truly evolved into something better and better(Yeah alright tWW is nowhere near as good as OoT but tWW is more polished).
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zhao » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:20 pm

ff sucks big time.
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to General Gaming