What do you think of Square-Enix?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

How do you like the company merged (Total votes: 13)

Don't like them
23%
Like them as one
62%
They were better seperate
15%

Postby John Petrucci » Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:58 pm

Do you get it now, do you? Spare time is a whore. Hooah!#@
Last edited by John Petrucci on Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Petrucci
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TEEPO™ » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:53 pm

I like Star Ocean, and Grandia, I allso recommend Suikoden for any RPG fan--it's great.
Anyway, FFX-2--Gosh! I don't useally bash changes, but man, I really don't like the idea of an all girl group that kicks ''mens'' butt.
I'm not sexist or anything, maybe whoever had the idea of making it an all girl group *is*. I'm just not too comfortable with this.
I hope they get there act together, I don't want anymore crap from the world of Spira--I didn't even like the first(was excited about the next one) Then they make a bloody sequel to it!.
I hope FF-12 will be decent, if not, then I'm giving up the series once and for all--buh bye Squar! You may have just lost another fan!

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:19 am

I don't care what sex the main character is... it's just that they didn't actually make them women... they made them whatever the hell the writer fantasizes about women.

Xenosaga has a female main character and she's perfectly NORMAL... no stupid poses for the camera... no slutty clothing.... so was the main character from : Final Fantasy VI, Parasite Eve, one of the ones you can choose in Suikoden III and Star Ocean the Second Story... how come Square couldn't offer that to the series... they didn't have to go slut up the characters.
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

I partially agree.

Postby Shodan » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:34 am

Marcel Randle wrote:they didn't have to go slut up the characters.

ROFLMAO!! God! The way you said that just cracked me up... :devillaugh: :lol:

Seriously though, I do partially agree. There is too much nudity theses days, not just games but in all mediums. However, sex seems to sell and you can't blame Squaresoft for wanting to ensure more sales. I mean, surely it's no harm to have something nice to look at while playing, right? ;)

But I totally agree with the moral of what you're saying - it's a sad fact that these days so many games have to include sex appeal just to get people interested. The good gameplay/plot/ect from a game should alone be enough without the need for scantily clad females.
Last edited by Shodan on Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shodan
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby TEEPO™ » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:36 am

I don't mind girls in games, it's just when they make the whole group just girls--which it seems so far. I'd allso like to mention I don't like it when it's just men in the group too--just thought I'd say that.
The same goes for movies, it's kind of an unwritten rule that you must have men and women in the group--and it works fine for me.
The films with an all female cast useally suck. I didn't like Charlies Angels--some may argue with this, but what the hell.
And your right, they do wear ''slutty'' clothing. When I play a game, I like to concentrait on the game itself, not on the girls' revealing parts--well, sometimes.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby kenshiro » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:34 am

RPG Monopoly
kenshiro
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby goaliefrk » Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:29 pm

Girls are a very good thing, especially when they're hot.
goaliefrk
Warehouse No. 8
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: skippitybeeboobop

Previous

Return to General Gaming