The Fable Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby white lotus » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Yeah, the ending sucked and the last boss pissed me off becuase he dies in like three shots.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Nick Tyndall » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:12 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Nicholas Tyndall wrote:1) He (Peter) did say you can plant a tree and it will grow

When making the first Fable.

And in Fable 2...
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Nick Tyndall » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:15 pm

[MYLES] wrote:Yeah, I remember there was a lot they said for the first fable... the ability to cut grass with your weapon was one I remember for example.

I hate when they hype it up, it just makes the whole experience a let down

I feel that Fable 2 was a bigger let down, mainly because of a short and sshit story, compared to the first which was just rather short. In Fable 2 there is not twist, turns, or even much of a quest. It is literally finding 3 other heroes and killing Lucian. From the start all you do is find these 3 people.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:07 am

Nicholas Tyndall wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:
Nicholas Tyndall wrote:1) He (Peter) did say you can plant a tree and it will grow

When making the first Fable.

And in Fable 2...

No they said there was a quest that was a little nod to the Fable 1 claim.
Peter only spoke about features in Fable 2 once they were 100% in.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:55 am

2 versions of the Knothole DLC are up. A premium and free version. The free version only lets you play the DLC as a henchman in someone else's game.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:20 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:2 versions of the Knothole DLC are up. A premium and free version. The free version only lets you play the DLC as a henchman in someone else's game.

Might as well stop downloading it then.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:07 am

See the Future, the next downloadable content from Lionhead Studios for Fable II, will be hitting in weeks, Peter Molyneux told Kotaku today.

"The next DLC comes out in the spring," he said. "We're in the spring now so don't think months, think more like weeks. It's called See the Future."

Molyneux says that the new DLC will be much more story driven and give gamers a glimpse of things to come.

"The first (DLC) was done very close to Fable II and the team was tired and we sort of pushed ourselves to get something out early for the fans," he said. "This time we've taken a little bit more time on it, it's a little bit more story driven. It answers some of the questions, if you're a real fan of Fable, it answers some of those questions. It's going to test you a little bit emotionally as well. But I think the real unique thing here is it starts to tease and hint at what it starting to happen in the world of Albion and what is happening in the future."

Molyneux also hinted at the rumored existence of Fable III.

"If we were to take the franchise even further, going on from Fable II, I'm not announcing anything, but if you play See the Future you're going to be getting a flavor at what's going to be happening," he said. "My ideal is what I would want to happen is something big."

http://kotaku.com/5185796/molyneux-new- ... -iii-hints

Lets hope it lasts more than 3 hours this time.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:46 am

New breeds of dog

Interview
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/977/977423p1.html

New DLC should get me back into this game, but i wanna continue the love ending from the main story to be honest.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Nick Tyndall » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:14 pm

The ending of this game was weak and spoiled the game for me. It was so rushed and no where naer epic. I thought they would of fixed the Co-op issue of not being able to play as your hero already.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue May 12, 2009 4:12 am

They wont fix that cause its not a problem in their eyes. They allways said you could not play as 2 heros in co op which is fine with most. What pisses everyone off is you have to share 1 camera view which just does not work.

Anyways the new See the future DLC has gone up at the odd price of 560MS points and comes in at 483.90MB.

Like the first DLC it has a premium and a free version[co op only as henchmen]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Nick Tyndall » Thu May 14, 2009 1:51 pm

The critics are taking the piss out of this download. This kind of content does not work for this game, they need to be large, something on the scale of The Lost and Damned.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Jed » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:09 pm

I didn't listen to any of the hype, so I really enjoyed the game.

The main quest was still short, but I took my time messing around and doing sidequests, so the games length was fine for me.

They definitely need a writer to sort out their story telling, it feels really rushed again.

The ending was galright, but they totally screwed up by having that "funny" ending. It's totally anti climatic, I wanted a bloody boss fight.

It's way too easy and really buggy, but I enjoyed it alot.
Jed
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sylentknyte » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:10 pm

I was lucky enought to have missed the hype of the first and I got to play it for what it was and became a fan.

BTW this all has spoilers.

The second was definitly a letdown. As Nick said the ending just ruined the whole story. I mean up till that point I didnt think the story was as good as the firsts but it made me hate Lucien enough to what to kick his ass in an epic fight. The first time I got the ending I just shot him figuring nothing would happen. And he fucking dies. I was like WTF just happend. So I played again as a bad guy and let him speak. And he gets shot. I mean they showed throughout the game that Lucien always dabbled in magic. Why the fuck then would it have been so hard to have an epic battle with him as a magician, or if he turned into a magical beast or something. Would have made the game WAY better.

The first will always stand out in my mind. It may have been short but for the time it lasted and the story Id put it in the same catagory as Zelda (a big compliment for me). I cared so much more about the choices in the first. And about the characters. I cared about my sister so much that I could not bring myself to kill her. I cared about the mother when she got killed. And above all I hated Jack of Blades almost more then Ive hated any other character (Sephroths #1) and found the final battle extremely satisfying. Killing him felt better then killing any other villan in any videogame.

In F2 I never cared much about the choices. And for that matter I didnt even really care about my dog, I just needed him as he was a necessary game devise. I thought all three of the heros you found werent even likeable. But I did hate Lucien like they intended and I never ever felt satisfied about his death. It was way to easy for the scumbag.

Overall Id easily give the first a 9/10 and the second an 8. To me Fable and Dark Cloud 2 are the only games I would even compare to the Zelda series, on a lower tier mind you, but still awsome games.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dorian » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:46 am

People are just beyond belief... Fable II is a steaming pile of Peter Molyneux's shit. I would rather have a dinner made out of dog shit than to have anything to do with the shit coming from that moron. Just the animation in Fable makes the game unplayable. There's also this HUGE issue with PATHETIC English "humour" that the game is soaked with. How can any sane person play something so lame?

Well, whatever. His 10-year old boy simulator for pedophiles will be his downfall.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby sylentknyte » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:05 pm

I actually like PM because although he over hypes the fuck out of his games, I think he really does care about the game and the fans.
sylentknyte
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming