The Fable Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:11 pm

Just fable they didn't have lost chapters at the time which I was hoping for ..oh well
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Mr. Frozen » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:32 pm

thebestbit wrote:Love, Molyneux says, comes in three general flavors in the game. There is the appreciation the wide world feels toward your character as he lives and fights in their world. There is the ability to make love and make babies. Yes, you can be both a man or a woman and if you're a woman, you can get pregnant.

If my character in Fable 2 will be anything like my guy in the first one, he'd probably have like 50 children and as many wives that the game allows.

But you know 'Im not going to get too hyped for it because I have no plans of getting a 360 and the PC version will probably come out a year after the 360 version is released. Makes the wait easier if I don't give a damn.

Also:

WHOAMG

and

WHOAMG 2

Same things described in that article but you get to see movies as well.

EDIT: Some more videos with the dog:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 9&type=mov
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... ov&pl=game
Last edited by Mr. Frozen on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:35 pm

New Bowerstone is looking rather sexy. Like that you can now sell stuff when you buy a shop
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Nick Tyndall » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:43 pm

Fable is one of my favourite games ever. The only problem about this game I have so far is that your dog will looks "embarassingly cute" if you are good. What is up with that? They should just make it some sort of big, white heroic looking dog. I wanna be a good guy, but I don't wanna be a fruit cake at the same time.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sir JC Denton » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:32 am

thebestbit wrote:New Bowerstone is looking rather sexy. Like that you can now sell stuff when you buy a shop

Yeah, it looks like Fable 2 will finally make good on the promises from the original Fable. The one problem I have is how are they going to handle pregnancy in the game if you're a woman? There is an option to skip it, but I know that some die-hards are going to want to play through it. If you make it too long, people said it was boring and tedious. Make it too short, and people will say that it was quick and unrealistic, so they're gonna have to nail it just right. I do like how they've handled the dog in the game though. I mean, in the demo, when Molyneux made his character run away from the dog, the only thing I said was, "That's fucked up", so he is doing a great job at nailing the emotional aspect of this game.
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Staplerfahrer Klaus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:13 am

Fable was nothing but maddeningly dull hack 'n slash. Would've sucked, even without the hype. I don't expect much from Fable 2.
Staplerfahrer Klaus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby remote ctrl soul » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:20 am

That was Jade Empire to me. I personally loved Fable and I can't wait for this.
remote ctrl soul
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby urbansamurai431 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:29 am

^ Jade Empire was better than Fable to me. Especially since there was much more time in Jade Empire where you didn't fight at all. Fable was a good game to me, but I thought Jade Empire was better. They are both very good though.
urbansamurai431
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Nick Tyndall » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:50 am

I don't want Peter to say much more and Im going to try and refrain myself from reading to much into it. Doing that kinda spoilt GOW for me. I knew so much about it I literally played it like a pro from the start.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sir JC Denton » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:05 am

remote ctrl soul wrote:That was Jade Empire to me. I personally loved Fable and I can't wait for this.

Ditto on everything you said.
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:34 am

Jade empire started off well for me but i quickly lost intrest in it. While my first fable game had around 80 hours play :shock:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:10 pm

I want Jade Empire quite badly but our copy at work has no case..just the generic one..meh..but yes Fable rocks hardcore....trying to balance that with Shenmue and FInal Fantasy 8 right now..eep.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kauwn » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Ordered Lost Chapters today, a fiver which makes a change from expensive 360 games. Looking forward to playing it especially as i only played the original before.
Kauwn
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Satoshi » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Jesus, all these annoying dog puns are getting annoying.
Satoshi
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:01 am

:lol: STD for the win!

Lionhead spoke a lot about their upcoming Fable 2 at this year’s GDC and in true Lionhead fashion they promised a lot of revolutionary features. The inclusion of a pet was already known but STDs were new to us. Xbox360Fanboy has a fancy list of all features that were discussed by Lionhead.

* Players can pick a male or female hero
* Players can choose to have protected or unprotected sex (and yes, there are STDs)
* Female heroes can get pregnant
* Players can have children
* The world responds to your “hero-ness”
* Two new character morphs (besides Good/Evil): cruelty/kindness and wealth/poverty
* Own every single piece of property
* Players can become king

Pregnancy, sex and STD’s might all sound interesting but you probably wont catch AIDS. Lionhead already stated that they wont include miscarriages because it would be “too emotionally charged”. Those miscarriages thing might not be the only downgrade as Lionhead has a history of overpromising and underdelivering. Lionhead, more specifically Peter Molyneux, promised the world when the original Fable on the good old Xbox was still called Project Ego and the bulk of those promised features never saw the final game. Peter even apologized to the fans for overhyping the game. Is history repeating itself? Or is Lionhead seriously making its ambitions true this time around? We’ll see when Fable 2 sees the light of day sometime in 2008.

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2564
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming