The Fable Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Nick Tyndall » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:12 pm

STD? I making sure the bitches I bang aint no third street Ho from da Ghetto, You feel me?
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Veteah » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:05 am

<center>
<u>
<b>GAME OVER</b>
Your character has died from AIDS
</u>
</center>

Chances are it won't make it in the game any way but it's interesting to see things like this making their way into games.
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Give 20 people an STD -50 gamer points
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby NeoShredder » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:00 pm

I wish the dog would die.
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

Postby Miles Prower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:22 pm

WTF? STD's? Am I the only one who thinks that's an extremely tasteless inclusion? :?
Aside from that, the game sounds good so far (loved the first Fable) and yeah, its good that Peter isn't hyping anything up he doesn't definitely know will make the final cut ^^
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Nick Tyndall » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:47 pm

Naa. I don't think STD's are that tastless in this, it is not like you will see warts on his genitals or that disgusting stuff than comes with (forgive my spelling) Gonorea. If this is true, it will just be that you may sneeze now and again and slump around.
I loved the feel of the last game; being an hero, scaring the shit out of people, being loading and having 10 wives on the go. If all this stuff does come into the game I don't see how it will be a mediocre game.

I remember in the last one, I killed everyone in that town you start in, then I bought all the houses and rented them out. It just felt so good walking around town knowing you own the bitches.

Who still thinks that feature where a town could develop depending on what you do to it or who you kill will be included? If it is I doubt it would be so "free". There is probaly going to have 1 or 2 places where you have the choice to make a town develop or not.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Mr. Frozen » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Miles Prower wrote:WTF? STD's? Am I the only one who thinks that's an extremely tasteless inclusion? :?

I don't mind it, if you can have sex in the game then why not add STDs? I'm assuming now you wouldn't have to be married to have sex this time around.

I hope this time around you'd get evil points for your relationships as well. In the first fable I had an angelic good character with a halo around his head yet I had a ton of wives and none of them were single (I made it a point in flirting with them around dudes just to see if anyone would say "Hey, that's my wife!"). In this game it'll probably be even worse, with me spreading every single STD you can get in the game and having like 50 kids. I'd probably play as a woman in fable 2, though, just to see what the pregnancy is like.

Twist05 wrote:I wish the dog would die.

How can you say something about the dog when you haven't even played the game yet? Besides, Peter already hinted at the dog dying (or something like that) in the storyline.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:36 am

Dont think you need to get married to have sex this time but you do if you want a kid. You can also be a male or female whore[you could sort of do that in Fable TLC].

Dont mind the dog bit aslong as they allow you to leave it at home. Dont think ill want it with me all the time.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Nick Tyndall » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:52 pm

Yeah, having that thing with me all the time, taking my kill will piss me of. I wish they didn't have it tied into the story so you coud kill it if you wanted to.
Nick Tyndall
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu May 24, 2007 3:46 pm

Video diary up on the market place..this one showing off the dog and locations from a few months back
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:46 am

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:19 pm

Fable 2 walkthrough

P1
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30759.html

P2
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30762.html

P3
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30764.html

ust before Fable 2 comes out Lionhead will release a arcade game thats a cross between Roulette and Crappes, money from that can be used to buy stuff in fable 2, and a little on the cop op..

The next feature requires an assistant. "What I really want is dynamic co-op," declared Peter. At any time during the game, another character can join you.

- you can actually tax the people who play with you, nicking half the experience points or renown they accumulate while in your world. The counterpoint to that is something you'll read about later in our preview, providing Peter doesn't do it in this demo too.

11:37: The male partner shoots the female partner's husband! He's dead. You can kill your friend's wife or husband. Now the guy is pointing and laughing, rubbing it in.

11:36: The duo are going back to the girl's home. The son runs out and welcomes mom home. The husband isn't as pleased. The girl has been gone adventuring too long.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue May 13, 2008 12:20 pm

“Fable 2”: The wait is almost over for the sequel to THE biggest action role-playing game in Xbox history. Swords, guns and now the newly unveiled magical power round out the combat in this action RPG from acclaimed developer Peter Molyneux and Lionhead Studios. Players will have even more choices to continuously shape who their characters become in a world 10 times the size of the iconic Xbox game. “Fable 2” introduces a host of exciting new features for gamers, including a first-of-its-kind Xbox LIVE Arcade experience, and a genre-stretching multiplayer experience, allowing gamers easily play “Fable 2” with friends and family side-by-side from the comfort of a living room couch. Players can immerse themselves in this vibrant world that only Lionhead and Molyneux could create, beginning this holiday.

:D
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Miles Prower » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:29 pm

Gamespot have footage from E3: check out the instant communication with other players, impressive stuff!

Trailer:
http://uk.gamespot.com/video/927246/619 ... 08-trailer

Gameplay demo:
http://uk.gamespot.com/video/927246/619 ... eplay-demo
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:48 pm

Yeah really impressed with what we have seen. Cant wait for October now, Not expecting a demo but this is not a game i need one for! Will pre order so i get the live arcade mini games free, might even go for the Special edition.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming