The Fable Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby HappyKillmore » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:56 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Yeah really impressed with what we have seen. Cant wait for October now, Not expecting a demo but this is not a game i need one for! Will pre order so i get the live arcade mini games free, might even go for the Special edition.

I'm gonna come into your world, kick you dog , kidnap your wife and son, loot and burn down your house before getting drunk at the tavern :twisted:
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Oh its on bitch...Ill shit in your wifes mouth while she sleeps

And then ill tea bag you.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:46 pm

I really like the first game but was way too short.
Please tell me the story this time offers at least 30hrs not the abysmal 10 or 15 hours of the first.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Satoshi » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:19 pm

It was confirmed that the story would be about 12 hours long. I'd find the article on Joystiq but I don't wanna sift through all those pages.
Satoshi
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Satoshi-kun wrote:It was confirmed that the story would be about 12 hours long. I'd find the article on Joystiq but I don't wanna sift through all those pages.

I read that too...pretty lame but it's really not that bad. It seems like there's gonna be more "sandbox" type gameplay than the first, and I'll probably be playing co-op just as much as single player. After the first game, I don't think we should expect to really have a substantial story, just develop and build on what the first game did, which seems to be what this game is doing.
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby white lotus » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:41 pm

Looks great. Will probably be my last videogame.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Satoshi-kun wrote:It was confirmed that the story would be about 12 hours long. I'd find the article on Joystiq but I don't wanna sift through all those pages.

12 hours on a speed run, so ignoreing all side quests,mini games and so on and im guessing if you know exactly where to go and what to do. You will complete the game broke and looking like shit compared to someone who takes their time.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby JAPANFAN » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:36 pm

Games offering little play time is one of the things I hate most. It's made worse when the price of the game is so high. However, if it's something I love and I know I'm going to want to play it over and over (a la Shenmue), I can live with it. And if Fable 2 is anything like the first one, I'll be playing through it more than enough to make it worth it, and I'll be enjoying every minute of it. :P
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:34 pm

Surely not 12 hours? Isn't this supposed to be an RPG?

The game is going to fucking suck if that's the case.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:40 pm

^ First was 10 about and still rocked.
You can play it longer than that as a sandbox game but yeah I want the story mode to be much longer than 12 hours.
:?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby white lotus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:18 pm

NeoShredder wrote:I wish the dog would die.

of STDs? :shock:
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Satoshi » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:21 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:

12 hours on a speed run, so ignoreing all side quests,mini games and so on and im guessing if you know exactly where to go and what to do. You will complete the game broke and looking like shit compared to someone who takes their time.

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. It's just the story that takes 12 hours. Which is still pretty damn short, but still. Molyneux said something about the storyline being really amazing, but we all know how he is with hyping shit up. D:
Satoshi
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Sir JC Denton » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:31 am

Satoshi-kun wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. It's just the story that takes 12 hours. Which is still pretty damn short, but still. Molyneux said something about the storyline being really amazing, but we all know how he is with hyping shit up. D:

He's actually been a lot better with this one, really not mentioning stuff until it's guaranteed to be in the final version of the game. So if the only thing he's hyping up is the story, we should be pretty good.
Sir JC Denton
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Tomato Convenience Store » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:39 am

Sir JC Denton wrote:
Satoshi-kun wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:

He's actually been a lot better with this one, really not mentioning stuff until it's guaranteed to be in the final version of the game. So if the only thing he's hyping up is the story, we should be pretty good.

haha, I'm actually making it a point to follow this game as little as possible, and only watch videos and gameplay demonstrations (hey, if they're showing it on video then it's likely to be in the game). And yea, it seems Molyneux isn't going too overboard with the hype on this game after what happened in the first one.

I think some of his quotes from the video docs on xbox live sum him up though. "We could've given you control of the dog. Think about it...we give you NO CONTROL OF THE DOG!!!". *The video then cuts to some gameplay and interviews from other members of team, and 5 minutes later cuts back to Molyneux* "no...control.....OF THE DOG!!!!@~!!! THINK ABOUT IT!!@!!!" And in the combat video he's like "now people say...'you can't do one button combat!'...but look!!!"
Tomato Convenience Store
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: PuzzleQuest II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:49 am

white lotus wrote:Looks great. Will probably be my last videogame.

I hope to God that's a reference to suicide...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming