Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:42 am

eh was it really necessary to merge this thread with one created in 2006?

south carmain has received a thanks from: Bluecast
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:52 am

Agreed,kinda annoying it was merged. I thought the point was to make new topics to increase activity and to get away merging topics a bunch. That drove activity down and right now this place needs more esp. But what can you do? :???:

Bluecast has received a thanks from: south carmain
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:03 am

yeah I think the off topic forums have been trimmed enough already, merging a topic with one created 11 years ago because they share the same theme is just unnecessary.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Is it really that big of a deal, guys?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:56 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Is it really that big of a deal, guys?

Big deal? No. Dumb decision? Yes. Yama likes to encourage new topics on his websites to drive more activity and merges like this do the opposite is all.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:09 pm

It's not like your thread was merged with one that lived and died 11 years ago; there were bumps to the older one from this January. It's not thread necromancy.

And to be honest, Ryo vs Kiryu is old, old ground regardless. It's not exactly a new topic, is it?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:25 pm

I don't get it, was it such a big deal to relaunch the discussion that it needed to be buried away in an old poorly presented thread? It's not like it was bumped in the past few weeks and people were actively participating in it, bluecast made a much more interesting job at presenting it too.

south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Don't get too bent out of shape over it. I doubt many, if any, posters are going to be bothered by the topic's age or the original OP.

But I'll add a link to Bluecast's initial post in the OP as a compromise.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Bluecast wrote:
Spaghetti wrote: Is it really that big of a deal, guys?

Big deal? No. Dumb decision? Yes. Yama likes to encourage new topics on his websites to drive more activity and merges like this do the opposite is all.

I think you're hardly the first person who should be criticizing anyone else's moderation decisions as "dumb."
Stop trying to speak for Yama. New topics are encouraged specifically if it actually is a new topic, or if the old ones are so clogged and overfilled with an excess of pages that getting into the conversation would prove daunting or overly-complicated. The idea for primarily new topics was proposed back when many of our topics had gone on for dozens upon dozens of pages. That is the kind of thing that discourages activity, because who wants to read through all of that to make sure their own thoughts haven't already been covered?
This topic is now four pages long, post-merge, and the last post from the old one was in January. It's not an issue at all. All the content is still here, and the topic title may as well be the same. The only thing different is that it says "by KiD" instead of "by Ryudo" under the title. The only thing keeping people from posting now is the glut of off-topic conversation that it's fallen into.
So, back on-topic.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:17 pm

OL you're judging a past person who has been eradicated for some time now. Ryudo is long gone. Judge not for the past but who is before you now. I'm not that that bothered honestly but it was silly to merge with a super old topic but I been over it the second it was done. I know you feel the need to react the way Ryudo over blew things. No need for that bud. I honestly don't really care about the merge,it is what it is. :)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Back on-topic.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:46 pm

I'm the one who brought it up not bluecast he just agreed with me.

south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:54 pm

I can't comment how Lan Di will be later with possible magic involved but as it stands. I'd say Kiryu can take the guy. I am not sure anyone we have seen in the Shenmue verse is up to Kiryu's level. Can you stop a guy with martial arts who can pick up a motorcycle and swing it like a baseball bat?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:02 pm

south carmain wrote: I'm the one who brought it up not bluecast he just agreed with me.

Seriously. Stay on topic or I'm just going to lock this.

---------------

As to who would win, there probably needs to kind of be an agreed handicap to Kiryu to make it a fair fight. His feats are greater than Ryo's, but also less realistic.

With that in mind; you've got Kiryu who is more experienced and doesn't have a problem using weapons, and Ryo who is overall a better and more disciplined martial artist who could turn the tables very quickly if given an opening.

If it's strictly 1:1 in a neutral, tournament-like environment Ryo would probably win. A street fight? Depends what Kiryu can realistically get his hands on. I'm sure Ryo doesn't have a technique that can protect him against being attacked with a bicycle.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Even 20 year old Kiryu would wipe the floor with Shenmue II Ryo even in a arena. Again how can you stop a dude who is strong enough to swing a motorcycle like it was nothing? Kiyru was shot in the leg and shoulder at 20 and 3 hours later kicked like a 50 dudes ass. Nothing magic to him. He's just an unstoppable force and Ryo is not an immovable object. Now South made a good point before that Ryo later on could become good enough to beat Kiryu but even Yakuza 0 Kiryu wouldn't have any trouble IMO with current Ryo.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming