Metal Gear series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Metal Gear series

Postby redline » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:17 pm

the thing is kojima is easily pressured into keeping the fans happy. mgs4/peace walker were both meant to be his last games respectively but wants to keep his fans happy. which is cool( in the past, hes talked about re-doing the original metal gear & making a metal gear set in ww2 with big boss :) )

anyway my point being, i think we, the fans might be able to pressure him to change the voice actor.
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:25 pm

He got death threats for not doing MGS4 initially. It's ridiculous what methods these so-called "fans" use to persuade this man into coming back.

As much as I love Hayter as the voice of Snake, I hope Kojima doesn't cave in to demands and decides to go what he believes he should go creatively. I don't always agree with his decisions, in fact I heavily criticize some of them, but Metal Gear is HIS thing. Not mine or anyone else's. If he thinks Big Boss should sound different to Solid Snake, whatever. Wouldn't make much sense since they're supposed to be clones, but if that's how he feels then i'll ride with it.

I'll vote with my dollar and not with my beating chest.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Big Boss had a different Actor in MGS4 anyway
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Yeah, but Hayter did his voice in MGS3, and I think fans probably remember that more.

I think I may have to pick up Revengence this summer. I plan to do alot of gaming while im on break from school.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:19 pm

Kenny wrote: He got death threats for not doing MGS4 initially. It's ridiculous what methods these so-called "fans" use to persuade this man into coming back.

As much as I love Hayter as the voice of Snake, I hope Kojima doesn't cave in to demands and decides to go what he believes he should go creatively. I don't always agree with his decisions, in fact I heavily criticize some of them, but Metal Gear is HIS thing. Not mine or anyone else's. If he thinks Big Boss should sound different to Solid Snake, whatever. Wouldn't make much sense since they're supposed to be clones, but if that's how he feels then i'll ride with it.

But Solidus and Liquid sounded nothing like Big Boss. I'll never understand Kojima's decision to make Solid Snake and Naked Snake have the same voice actor. To me, it's rather cool that they're changing it up, even if it is just for the English voices, I know I'm in the minority on this, but I just don't think Hayter has had it since MGS3.

I wonder what they'll do with regards to Ocelot's VA, Patric ZImmerman (MGS1, MGS2, MGS4) vs Josh Keaton (MGS3, Portable Ops).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bambi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:54 pm

My current wallpaper.

Bambi has received a thanks from: Kenny
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:17 pm

George and the camera are fucking cancer to Revengeance.

Kenny has received a thanks from: Thief
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Previous

Return to General Gaming