Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:51 pm

south carmain wrote: ^I'm not sure that a 64mb cartridge could handle all the pre rendered backgrounds either, they looked pretty pretty big for their time

Yeah be pretty compressed. However N64 had games using pre rendered backgrounds. RE0 was all the Mario Party games.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
south carmain wrote: ^I guess he forgot to use the smoothing option, it really makes a great difference

Probably. I dont know where those settings are to change it, but if some one knows I can pass the info on to him.

It's just that previous-gen games look like doody on HDTVs. They were made for standard-def, so they tend to look a bit "blah" on newer stuff. Same thing goes when you watch an old DVD on an HDTV.

OL has received a thanks from: AnimeGamer183
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:04 pm

TV's or PS3 up convert DVD's pretty well and so things look fine to me. Using a component cable with Wii and PS2 they are a little jaggy but still works fine. Dreamcast on the other hand Shenmue Ryo gain 250 pounds.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:42 am

Except when you play on an emulator.

High-res N64 games can look pretty awesome like Mario 64.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:46 am

psone games on vita look fantastic
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:26 pm

In a recent Square Enix Holdings briefing session, the to-be president, Yosuke Matsuda, talked about his plans for the company:

“After having succeeded the important role as the president, I plan on reviewing all Square Enix duties, business and assets on a zero-based budgeting standpoint. Due to the radical change of environment, I’d like to fundamentally review what works and what doesn’t work for our company, then cast all of our resources towards extending what makes us successful and thoroughly squeezing out what doesn’t.

As far as a concrete plan on what to expect from us, I will further explain it on another briefing session in the near future, so I kindly ask for your patience. Thank you for your support.”

Matsuda also mentions his plans to make Phil Rogers, CEO of Square Enix Europe, the new director of Square Enix Holdings. The two will act as the renovating pillars of Square Enix.

Former Square Enix president and representative director Yoichi Wada has expressed his confidence in the new president and stated that he is not concerned with the company’s management under Matsuda. Wada’s resignation as CEO of Square Enix will go into effect on June of 2013, but he will still be part of the company. Wada states:

“As an employee, I believe it is my duty to help the company and give proper results from it. I will be retiring from the line of management, but I plan to work on site as a way to pay my debt to the company.”

It has yet to be revealed as to what position Wada will take after his resignation takes effect in June. Meanwhile, Square Enix Los Angeles has been hit with lay-offs.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/02/sq ... 3o7KaKV.99

I know many first reaction is will Square be "good" again. Not even going to speculate on that. Fans may not like him but he did sorta save the company so did Enix. He also I think (correct me if I am wrong) the most FF titles out on his tenure. Most being sequels and spinoffs. He can't be all bad tho. The World Ends With You.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:40 am

In the inaugural episode of mdRadio, the official Square Enix Merchandise podcast, Final Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura gave us a bit of an update regarding his “warm spring”. The long-awaited title will be fully revealed soon, and Nomura asked for fans to please wait a little while longer. He commented to host Hidemi Matsuzuka that the current situation within the company is “delicate”, and that when the reveal comes that fans may understand why they have been tight-lipped with information. They are currently preparing for this reveal.

Previously, at Sony’s PlayStation 4 event in February, Final Fantasy series executive producer Shinji Hashimoto announced that a new Final Fantasy title will be revealed at E3. It’s led some to speculate (with some rumors interspersed here and there) that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be given the “Final Fantasy XV” mantle and release for the next-generation
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Previous

Return to General Gaming