Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Final Fantasy & Square RPG's

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:13 pm

Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:18 pm

Incase you dont see it.... just announced that its coming to the 360, same day as the ps3 version in the US and europe[no word on Japan.]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Satoshi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:23 pm

That's a huge bomb on Sony (and me, another reason not to get a PS3...D: ).
Satoshi
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Who saw it coming?? Most are still saying MGS4 is gonna come to the 360 and then this gets announced?

Thats probably the biggest announcement that will be made all year!
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Satoshi » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:27 pm

When they brought out the guy, I thought they had something up their sleeve. It was really cool how they got him to leave and then come back to make the announcement.
Satoshi
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby JAPANFAN » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Announcements like this make me want to sell our PS3 and pick up a cheaper Xbox 360. That way not only would I still be able to play the games I would have played on the PS3 (plus others, like all of the JRPGs Microsoft's been rounding up as of late), but there'd be money left over to get something else. :P

I have to admit, I'm really surprised by how well Microsoft's been doing this generation. They've managed to correct the two things that plagued them with the original Xbox: they've gotten more exclusive titles, and they've gotten more Japanese developers to come aboard. If it weren't for the unreliability of the system itself, they'd pretty much be running the perfect race.
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:47 pm

The 360 isn't really that cheap compared to the PS3. At least not last time I saw. Unless we're talking about the crappy core version, the Elite system goes for almost as much.

I would be excited but like JF said, the unreliability of the system is keeping me from getting one. Had the units been in good working condition since day one, I would've gotten one myself...eventually. I'm planning on getting it for my PS3 since I still want one for MGS4.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:12 pm

Well now I have to flip flop back to wanting a 360 as it has the most RPGs and now Final Fantasy XIII.
This freaking rocks!
8)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby JAPANFAN » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:15 pm

I thought the prices were further apart but I just looked, and you're right, man, they're not too different from each other. $349 for the Xbox 360 Pro, and $399 for the 40 GB PS3. Of course, there is the Arcade that goes for only $250. I'm not sure if you can buy a harddrive separately and attach it on later or if it's memory card only, but if it's the former that's not too bad. Even though it's a lesser version, the price is tempting... :P
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:28 pm

JAPANFAN wrote:I thought the prices were further apart but I just looked, and you're right, man, they're not too different from each other. $349 for the Xbox 360 Pro, and $399 for the 40 GB PS3. Of course, there is the Arcade that goes for only $250. I'm not sure if you can buy a harddrive separately and attach it on later or if it's memory card only, but if it's the former that's not too bad. Even though it's a lesser version, the price is tempting... :P

You can add an HDD to it,it's just core renamed but it ends up being same price or more if you just boug the 350 model.
Plus Arcade I don't think comes with a HDMI or component cables so buy those separate.

It really is a worse deal. Better to just buy the 350$ model.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby JAPANFAN » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:34 pm

Sony has enough exclusives left. They just won't have as many as they did with the PS and PS2. But so long as developers like Insomniac, Naughty Dog, Team Ico, and Eat, Sleep, Play (David Jaffe) are still making games for them, they'll be alright. They can always dig deep in their pockets and buy some more studios, too.

As for Sony and Microsoft merging, I just can't picture that happening. That'd be counterproductive for both of them, wouldn't it?
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby HappyKillmore » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:37 pm

First Star Ocean 4 is made exclusive on 360 and now this?

Sony were delivered a crushing blow today, now i'd say they have little or nothing going for them.

Could this mean the end of Square Enix's? Sony loyalty?, (i hope so).
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby JAPANFAN » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:40 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, Blue. :D So long as I have enough money to do so, I'll probably lean towards the Pro, then. And who knows, maybe there'll be some specials, deals, trade-in offers, etc., the closer we get to Christmas.
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:47 pm

Yes it is the end of Square-Enix-Sony partnership. No doubt they will still make games for Playstation, but it's a huge blow for Sony.

I have nothing against Microsoft, there's just too much money to be made by making the games available to everyone.

Sony are gonna need to pull something out of the hat tomorrow. Home won't be enough, we need some fucking exclusives. Good exclusives.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:47 pm

JAPANFAN wrote:
As for Sony and Microsoft merging, I just can't picture that happening. That'd be counterproductive for both of them, wouldn't it?

Indeed it would.

It makes zero sense.

More likely Apple buys Nintendo and we know that will NEVER happen.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming