Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:53 pm

-Ryudo- wrote:
JAPANFAN wrote:
As for Sony and Microsoft merging, I just can't picture that happening. That'd be counterproductive for both of them, wouldn't it?

Indeed it would.

It makes zero sense.

More likely Apple buys Nintendo and we know that will NEVER happen.

Makes sense to me. Not that I want it to happen.

Both companies have the same ideas and are creating similar consoles with almost identical games.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby JAPANFAN » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:54 pm

GREATMADMAN wrote:First Star Ocean 4 is made exclusive on 360 and now this?

Sony were delivered a crushing blow today, now i'd say they have little or nothing going for them.

Could this mean the end of Square Enix's? Sony loyalty?, (i hope so).

So long as the PS3 continues to lag behind the 360 in sales, I can't imagine SE developing exclusively for Sony all that much anymore. Not with any of their big-name titles, anyway. There's no point when they can bring in so much more money from all of the 360 owners there are in the U.S., Canada, Europe and elsewhere.
JAPANFAN
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jed » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:01 pm

The only thing that can counter that is FF 7 Remake exclusive on the ps3.

The xbox is looking alot more tempting, its alot cheaper(here in the uk its more than a 50 pound difference) and has lots of rpgs. The only thing stopping me from getting one now is the red ring of death and lack of mgs4.
Jed
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Jed wrote:The only thing that can counter that is FF 7 Remake exclusive on the ps3.

The xbox is looking alot more tempting, its alot cheaper(here in the uk its more than a 50 pound difference) and has lots of rpgs. The only thing stopping me from getting one now is the red ring of death and lack of mgs4.

PS3 is far better value for money mate.

Blu-ray, Wi-Fi and free internet.

In that order.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Clint wrote:
-Ryudo- wrote:
JAPANFAN wrote:
As for Sony and Microsoft merging, I just can't picture that happening. That'd be counterproductive for both of them, wouldn't it?

Indeed it would.

It makes zero sense.

Both companies have the same ideas and are creating similar consoles with almost identical games.

Except tey are not solely game companies.

MS is mainly a software company and Sony is mainly an consumer electronics company MS wants it software(mainly Windows) on as many platforms as possible Sony in order agree will want MS software exclusive to sony and sorry but MS would never agree to that.

It would ruin both companies esp when you involve many of the other millions of politics that it would conflict esp in the OEM PC market and ESP google would come into play (now that google is fastly becoming a bigger company than MS in software and why MS is trying to buy Yahoo last few months to compete)Google would just make it's own OS(google has been dipping it's toe in the idea last couple years) replacing windows as the new mass OS for PC's.

Plus would help Apple grow even larger as MS big rival.

It just will not happen...I go go into more and more politics it would violate that even goes beyond the PC hardware/software market but I would be typing up literally an encyclopedia.

Game wise yes it might be a novel idea but the picture is so much larger that as companies as a whole they would cancel each other out as Japanfan said-Counterproductive.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:56 pm

-Ryudo- wrote:
Clint wrote:
-Ryudo- wrote:
JAPANFAN wrote:

Indeed it would.

It makes zero sense.

Except tey are not solely game companies.

MS is mainly a software company and Sony is mainly an consumer electronics company MS wants it software(mainly Windows) on as many platforms as possible Sony in order agree will want MS software exclusive to sony and sorry but MS would never agree to that.

It would ruin both companies esp when you involve many of the other millions of politics that it would conflict esp in the OEM PC market and ESP google would come into play (now that google is fastly becoming a bigger company than MS in software and why MS is trying to buy Yahoo last few months to compete)Google would just make it's own OS(google has been dipping it's toe in the idea last couple years) replacing windows as the new mass OS for PC's.

Plus would help Apple grow even larger as MS big rival.

It just will not happen...I go go into more and more politics it would violate that even goes beyond the PC hardware/software market but I would be typing up literally an encyclopedia.

Game wise yes it might be a novel idea but the picture is so much larger that as companies as a whole they would cancel each other out as Japanfan said-Counterproductive.

Fair enough dude.

In any case, Sony have it all to do now.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby remote ctrl soul » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:28 pm

I think 360 Pro (one with the Hard Drive and HDMI), is dropping in price to $300 not long after E3, so maybe within 2 weeks. This is just what I heard. To be honest I could care less about FF, I'm more interested in Fable 2, can't fucking wait for that.

edit: yeah I just looked it up to confirm, I guess this isn't really news. 20gb pro for 300 and they're adding the 60gb pro for 350.
remote ctrl soul
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby HappyKillmore » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Clint wrote:PS3 is far better value for money mate.

In that order.

Yeah, crap internet, PSN is abysmal in comparison with live , and i've had a good experience with it too so its not just a biased opinion.

Plus, a Blu Ray playing Wi-Fi capable machine is great, if the PS3 actually remembers what it is for a second, its a games console, with no games, value for money? i think not.

Plus,

Arcade Bundle: £150 (People say its useless, but it plays games and saves data, its a fine starter pack if you want a games console to do its prim)

PS3: £299

Which is more appealing to your gamer in a shop? a gamer who just wants to play games?
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby MadeManG74 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Wow, what a bombshell, I couldn't believe this when I heard it. Never played a FF game in my life, but this is a huge shock to me.

Will be interesting to see what Sony has to offer tomorrow/today whenever their conference is.
MadeManG74
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:35 pm

wow... well I wasn't looking forward to FFXIII at all but wow. Anyhow if they keep doing this and unlike Shenmue 2 expand on the series they got for their platform I might think about getting one. Unless these video game companies that usually make console games start making more PC titles then I won't be getting either :lol:
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Well, I'm pissed, as a multi-format gamer. I got my PS3 with MGS4 in mind, but I imagined that Sony would have at least some more exclusives for me to play. I really like the PS3 as well, probably the most out of all three systems (I have a 360 and Wii as well). Eh. It's a shame. Sony have really sunk this generation, I hope they pick themselves back up again. I don't really care about console wars, but I just want all three to do well enough to keep exclusives... :roll:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:58 pm

I played FFXII a little bit... didn't like it in particular because it felt like playing Star Wars Episode 1 (the worst movie ever!) So yeah... but thats just me. I liked the battle engine in the demo... but I can't bring myself to play something that reminds me of a bad movie... perhaps I should try to force myself to play it... or I could just play through Okami again... yeah!!! :lol:
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:05 pm

GREATMADMAN wrote:
Clint wrote:PS3 is far better value for money mate.

In that order.

Yeah, crap internet, PSN is abysmal in comparison with live , and i've had a good experience with it too so its not just a biased opinion.

Plus, a Blu Ray playing Wi-Fi capable machine is great, if the PS3 actually remembers what it is for a second, its a games console, with no games, value for money? i think not.

Plus,

Arcade Bundle: £150 (People say its useless, but it plays games and saves data, its a fine starter pack if you want a games console to do its prim)

PS3: £299

Which is more appealing to your gamer in a shop? a gamer who just wants to play games?

Completely blinded opinion.

I will agree with you on PSN, but everything else is a load of bollocks.

360 is full of extra costs, i've had one, my mates have them, and worst of all, they fucking break. They are half-arsed, cheap consoles. End of story.

PSN is free, so let them work on that they've got. It's not like we have to pay for the service.

Saying the 360 is a better console than the PS3 is fucking laughable. It's about time people realise how much good technology costs, and stop fucking whining about nothing. The PS3 is not just a games machine, a good blu-ray player will set you back £150, that's half your cost right there.

I will agree that 360 has the better selection of games, but don't come to me saying it's a more stable or well-designed machine, because you're fucking kidding yourself.

No games? lol. You're a typical Sony-basher who clearly doesn't own the fucking console. I've had a blast with the few games i've got. MGS4, GTA4, Uncharted, Resistance, Oblivion. 3 of those are exclusive.

Chances are, all your favourite games came from a Sony machine.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Clint » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:12 pm

Back on topic.

Henry Spencer wrote:Well, I'm pissed, as a multi-format gamer. I got my PS3 with MGS4 in mind, but I imagined that Sony would have at least some more exclusives for me to play. I really like the PS3 as well, probably the most out of all three systems (I have a 360 and Wii as well). Eh. It's a shame. Sony have really sunk this generation, I hope they pick themselves back up again. I don't really care about console wars, but I just want all three to do well enough to keep exclusives... :roll:

Don't worry about it mate. Sony will have to get their arses in gear.

The gaming industry is changing, it's time to pave way for the new breed of games that have their own exclusive content.

The days where Sony owned GTA, Silent Hill, Resi Evil, FF, DMC etc are long gone..

It's probably for the best both consoles get the best games. It's just a shame that 360 is getting these RPG's when PS3 has zero in this department. We need some RPG's for fuck sake.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:14 pm

Got to say FFXIII looks fricking amazing, and that's from a guy who has never been a fan of Final Fantasy (well, aside from VI and VIII).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming