Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:08 am

The music sucked,story sucked,game play was a meh and the whole thing felt cheap and the ending or true ending cheapens the ending of X. Then again Luna being a delusional lunatic didn't help much. It was a Final Fantasy:Charlies Angels. To me X-2 was the start of the Sqeenix problems

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Thief » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:36 am

I'd argue that the music most certainly did not suck in X-2, in fact I think it's one of the strongest, but that's not really something to argue about. If you didn't like the music that's cool. I'd agree that the games' story is not the strongest but it still manages to have some really good moments. That scene where Yuna holds a concert in the Thunder Plains is a really great scene. Probably one of my favorites in Final Fantasy. The gameplay I thought was great though, the dress sphere system was tons of fun, it was like the job system from FFV times ten.

Music Examples:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcHJivAeCFw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tne2bK0oSqo[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6imJKgRDrQ[/youtube]

I don't believe that a sequel can cheapen the ending of the game that came before it. I think the ending of FFX-2 is good but in a very different way than why FFX was good. X-2 is light hearted, warm, fun and cute. The game is an all around good time ... damn, now I want to play it...

Anyway, just my two cents. I personally think that Final Fantasy X-2 is the most underrated Final Fantasy and is certainly not a bad game... in fact I think it's a great game.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:45 am

The pop music was a joke and the best ay to describe X-2 is lame. If any Final Fantasy is underrated it's FFVIII & FFXII IMO. I wish Final Fantasy stuck to it's guns about no sequels. made the series more special. Now it feels like a washed celebrity who is past their prime appearing nude in IN THE CUT just to get noticed again.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:21 am

Thief wrote: What is it that you guys didn't like about X-2? I think it's a really fun game. Is it mostly aesthetics or did you just not care for the gameplay?

X in general is a really big miss for me. I actually like the music and visual style but the flow, story and mechanics really put me off. It was the first game in the series where you could tell they did some extensive focus testing.

I think a good amount of people hate on X-2 without knowing why, but between its story (which screams I'm Toriyama and I only have 1 idea) to the fact that they kept pushing a bad leveling system, and the fact that the algorithms for everything suck (this is in X as well but look up how you do damage and how you miss, so much of the game is scripted as hell, you're stats don't really matter and you don't have a lot of control over your stats anyway)

You like it, which is cool, its great someone loved it but looking at how much stuff is broken on a base level and with how far into storytelling no-nos and cliche it goes, I can't really say its not fair for anyone to completely hate the game.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Thief
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:34 pm

i do agree that X is VERY similar to XIII. i put 20 hours into XIII for the first time a few months ago and just had to stop. i can only run down a hallway for so long while watching cutscenes about a stupid story before i just want to kill myself. but i dont quite know whats so great about X tho. ive played it 4 or 5 times over the years. i just love that game. i guess its just a personal "feeling" i get from it (i liked the story too even with its plot holes :oops: )

Perfect_Chaos has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:38 pm

love it, play it, and god bless enjoy it.

Its cool that you can love it and see its flaws thats the way to be man.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Perfect_Chaos
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Perfect_Chaos » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Ryudo wrote: The music sucked,story sucked,game play was a meh and the whole thing felt cheap and the ending or true ending cheapens the ending of X. Then again Luna being a delusional lunatic didn't help much. It was a Final Fantasy:Charlies Angels. To me X-2 was the start of the Sqeenix problems

Ryudo wrote: The pop music was a joke and the best ay to describe X-2 is lame. If any Final Fantasy is underrated it's FFVIII & FFXII IMO. I wish Final Fantasy stuck to it's guns about no sequels. made the series more special. Now it feels like a washed celebrity who is past their prime appearing nude in IN THE CUT just to get noticed again.

very well said about X-2 =D>
Perfect_Chaos
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Thief » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:42 pm

I can totally get why people hate Final Fantasy X-2, but simply talking about how much fun can be had with the game, there is plenty. But yeah, I understand why you guys don't like it, and from an aesthetics stand point I can certainly understand but I still think it's worth playing. I just don't think, "it sucks cause it's stupid" is a good argument for X-2 and that's all I usually see.

Anyway, regardless of X-2... FFX in HD :)

Makes me happy, as much as I do like X-2 it's nowhere near as good as X. In my eyes.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Ryudo wrote: Tidus looks less like Meg Ryan now. Good the awkward boners are gone.

Top is remake bottom original

I didn't realise it was more than just a HD port, will be looking forward to playing this on my vita. it's coming out in the west right?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Pretty sure it is. Only one game in the FF name I know of has missed a western release.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:10 pm

^yeah but that game was recently so I'm kind of weary
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Just found this

In a post on the official PlayStation Blog, remaster producer Yoshinori Kitase officially announced the games, which will be released in America sometime before the end of 2013. Kitase said, "I invite you all to once again join Tidus and Yuna as they combat the colossal menace known as "Sin" to bring about lasting peace to the world of Spira - all in gorgeous HD!"

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... irmed.aspx

Upside is if a physical release then Vita is region free. If not guess have to make an alt PSN account if it does not get a PAL version

Bluecast has received a thanks from: south carmain
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby south carmain » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:22 pm

that's a relief. my FF10 froze during the final boss as well so never got to finish it, looking forward to finally completing it in HD

south carmain has received a thanks from: Bluecast
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:34 pm

I REALLY want a FFVI remake in the same fashion as the DS remakes just with full character models. And use this version of Terra's theme(one of the best VG songs EVER)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gax5ob68L3A[/youtube]

If they ever do a FFXII HD for Vita I would like to see the large world fully open instead of loading screens as PS2 had hardware limits. Have the world open like Xenoblade.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:30 am

^^It'd be nice, but it wouldn't entirely work unless they added more content. There are some places in the FFXII world where the jump between areas is meant to imply a traversal of many, many miles (such as in the later desert areas; can't remember what it was called specifically).
Either way, an HD-upgrade of XII would be amazing. Whether it could just be seen as more brand-whoring by Square or not, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

OL has received a thanks from: Bluecast
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming