Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy & Square RPG's

Postby south carmain » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Tuffty wrote:In fact they gave all 30 mins to FFIV just because it's the only one Jeff likes.

well that's pretty harsh, one thing final fantasy always delivers is quality music, in fact FF8 had a just as good if not better soundtrack than 7 depending on tastes :???:
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 pm

IMO VI IX X had the best OST

Also FFCC on GCN had an-amazing OST
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Tuffty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Bluecast wrote:That thing looks like shit and a total cash grab as usual for Square. It's not even a game unless you call Wii Music one. We get that stupid pile of shit while Final Fantasy Type 0 is in limbo.

I think it looks alright. Still don't know how the RPG mechanics come into play, but looks like FF Elite Beat Agents. Wii Music it ain't. I've seen videos and some of the songs look they get real hard on higher difficulties.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdcKiBqmGZQ[/youtube]

Dunno why Type 0 isn't out yet dammit.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:40 pm

It's just square as usual slapping the FF name on it to get it to sell. If it didn't it would flop due to being a pile of shit
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Well, it's another game from Square banking on nostalgia, like Dissidia, except it's a music rhythm game now. Easy money for them, really.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Tuffty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Bluecast wrote:It's just square as usual slapping the FF name on it to get it to sell. If it didn't it would flop due to being a pile of shit

Quite possibly, but then Dissidia turned out pretty awesome as a result and this is getting solid reviews all round. I'm not minding the obvious plays for fan service at the moment if the games are turning out well.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Its alittle sad, Dissdia is a fighting game with RPG elements that has an interesting battle mechanic thats fairly unique. Its a cashgrab banking on nostalgia as well but its worth buying and playing despite cutscenes about the maker and random notes about professors that have no relevance to the story.

So here we Have Final Fantasy Type 0 a game thats been in development for a few years and was released in Japan months ago, its been featured on sites in the west and represents a different kind of Square-Enix for a lot of people.

Now here we have theatrythem or however you spell it. I really like Elite Beat Agents, so much so that I'm the only person I know to have beaten Chieftain's mode. (as well as Ouenden) but Theatrythem isn't really a game so much as it is just tapping the screen, even EBA has more depth in holding, timed strikes and slices among other things. The art is ugly as sin, I usually don't comment on things of an aesthetic nature but wow, really? Can't use sprites? Do they really need to use a bobble head version of each character thats made up of simple shapes instead of y'know production level art? The whole reason a person would buy the game came packed in with FF13-2's special edition, and while its a cheap way to get a bunch of games' soundtracks you can only listen to them while playing the game and you need to unlock em.

that brings me to the final thing about Theatrythem DLC, theres lots of it, LOTS and its expensive, like a few bucks a song. Maybe they'll adjust the price for the US but its still a ton of DLC.

This epitomizes the idea that people will buy something just because of the name and not because of an outstanding quality.

Tuffty wrote:
Bluecast wrote:It's just square as usual slapping the FF name on it to get it to sell. If it didn't it would flop due to being a pile of shit

Quite possibly, but then Dissidia turned out pretty awesome as a result and this is getting solid reviews all round. I'm not minding the obvious plays for fan service at the moment if the games are turning out well.

I agree about Dissidia, but I also think we established reviews are nothing to go by.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Looks kinda alright. I'd maybe pick it up for under £10 but really have no desire to play it.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Tuffty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I agree about Dissidia, but I also think we established reviews are nothing to go by.

And you're right, but surely you can say it doesn't look bad or that the majority of reviews are giving it a pass cause it's FF. To suggest it's bad indicates there's an issue with controls or there's an input lag of some sort which I don't see in footage of people playing it or something I've heard from yet from those that have played it. It looks like a decent enough rhythm game based around a series known for some awesome soundtracks.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Dissidia loved the demo. I sucked at it but liked it a lot
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Tuffty wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I agree about Dissidia, but I also think we established reviews are nothing to go by.

And you're right, but surely you can say it doesn't look bad or that the majority of reviews are giving it a pass cause it's FF. To suggest it's bad indicates there's an issue with controls or there's an input lag of some sort which I don't see in footage of people playing it or something I've heard from yet from those that have played it. It looks like a decent enough rhythm game based around a series known for some awesome soundtracks.

No, theres no input lag or anything, its just boring lol. I basically feel the same way as Riku.

The problem with it as a rhythm game is theres not much to it, its basically all taps (my idiot roommate bought it) elite beat agents/oenden requires you to make lines or draw from one tap to the next or hold your taps, theres a lot of different ways to input and it gets very hectic. Theatrhythm is basically the same as a miku game or parappa except with taps instead of button presses. Its not bad, but it is getting a pass based on being a Final fantasy game, its got FF music in it and most people are buying just on that, not gameplay.

OUCH I just looked up how many song S-E want to have as DLC (50) and how much they're charging per song (1$)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Looks like we are getting XIII-3. We all know you all think other RPG's are better Square sucks blah blah blah.

Square Enix has teased more Final Fantasy 13 content - and some are speculating the Japanese publisher means to release Final Fantasy 13-3.

Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 director Motomu Toriyama told Japanese magazine Famitsu (via Andriasang) the announcement of something relating to the 13 universe will be made soon.

THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD.
Final Fantasy 13-2 ended with a "to be continued" message. Some took this to mean that Final Fantasy 13-3 was a dead cert, but it in fact related to DLC.

But speculation was further fuelled by the DLC itself, with the Lightning episode in particular setting tongues wagging.

"The [FF 13-2] Lightning download content had an ending that left a feeling of mystery and hope," Toriyama said.

"The day when the meaning of this will come to light is not too far off."

Will this announcement and game tie in with the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary celebrations this year, which will also see the re-release of Final Fantasy 7 on PC?

An event is planned in an art gallery on 31st August in Shibuya, Tokyo. We'll know soon enough.

Seems we won't be getting X HD for awhile either. I thought they was doing it for the 10th anniversary which was this year.

Meanwhile, Toriyama suggested the Final Fantasy 10 HD remake is a long way off.

"Regarding HD conversions, there is a lot to look into, so please wait a bit more," he said.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:54 pm

*sigh* Square...
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 pm

They said it wasn't even a remake but a remaster. So a filter added to make it HD. Can Square get any more retarded?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Can Type-0 and Versus XIII really make up for all this? ](*,)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming