Final Fantasy

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Final Fantasy

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Iwas just looking at the square enix website, they have a pretty respectable amount of soundtracks for purchase, I am surprised.

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/s ... descending
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Yea I woulden't buy anything from them digitally tho, they've fudged up my user details like 3 times and deleted me once due to "inactivity" (I'd been inactive for 8 months)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
south carmain wrote:will do then, is there a world map or is it semi linear like ff13-2?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv_hi2NjjnM[/youtube]

awww man now you've got me hyped as well, I hope it comes out in the west
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:58 pm

Yep, thats the hype

theres actually a segment thatts built like tutorial that has to do with one of the invasion missions where you play as a normal foot soldier and the whole sequence is some great storytelling.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 pm

and its probably not coming out guys :D. Wonder if a fan translation project is available, my PSP is all kinds of hacked, so it wouldnt be hard.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Yep, thats the hype

theres actually a segment thatts built like tutorial that has to do with one of the invasion missions where you play as a normal foot soldier and the whole sequence is some great storytelling.

damn, it's like everything I've been looking for since the 32bit era

AnimeGamer183 wrote:and its probably not coming out guys :D. Wonder if a fan translation project is available, my PSP is all kinds of hacked, so it wouldnt be hard.

please say so, my psp is on the verge of it's death but it would be the perfect way to send it out
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:27 am

No one will touch it since S-E keeps saying its coming out

this is a pretty interesting interview

Final Fantasy V Made Nippon Ichi CEO Drop Dreams of Becoming Indiana Jones

http://andriasang.com/con2cd/shinkawa_indy/

ohhhhshizzat the TWEWY teaser site updated with a fuller version of the song, fuckin liking it hearing the horns and strings reminds me of the Live version of Bambina, hope the music in game stays high quality and fairy uncompressed.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subaseka/
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:24 am

Guess the rumours are true, another XIII project looks to be in the works, an official Twitter account all but confirms it.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Tuffty » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:18 am

Yep definately true, Lightning Returns : Final Fantasy has just been announced

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pAZqmrasEM[/youtube]

The most startling change to Lightning Returns comes in the form of the doomsday countdown. According to Square-Enix, the world will end after 13 days, and a massive clock will count down constantly in the corner of the screen to indicate this looming deadline. Any action players take, even taking the monorail from place to place, will spend time and hasten the end of days.

With Lightning as the only playable character, players will have unparalleled control over customizing her looks and combat style. The battle system itself, a greatly modified version of the previous two, will feature real-time elements including direct control of Lightning's movement and her attacks, as well as time-based moves that drain the doomsday counter. Lightning Returns will also include a real-time block system, designed to make battles much more active and time-based. Even dying mid-battle will activate a prompt to give players the choice to rewind their mistakes at the expense of the timer.

Interesting? I guess? I just don't really care for XIII's universe anymore. Haven't beaten XIII-2 yet but pretty much disinterested in continuing anyway. I'd like to see what this game looks like cause the Majora's Mask approach sounds interesting, but I'd like to see it in a new IP or something. I don't think I'll be playing this for the story.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 am

^Wow. If you're saying you're uninterested in finishing FFXIII-2, being the biggest fan of the thing on here, then that doesn't speak well to this new game. And even though they're calling it "Lightning Returns" it's basically XIII-3, ain't it? :rotflmao:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Tuffty » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:08 am

I've always maintained that XIII was ok. XIII wasn't the best FF game but a good game nonetheless and not the disaster many painted it out to be. XIII-2 is a good game, a better game to play than XIII even, and some aspects I even really enjoy and appreciate. But that story....

I mean it had promise. A defined antagonist, some time travel thrown in there, I thought it was going to be better. But it's not. That universe is one where so much fantastical, otherwordly stuff happens...and that's it. It just happens. More so in XIII-2 than in XIII. I'm not looking for a complete breakdown of how this crystal formed into this shape, but I dunno, I guess I wanted something more out of it than just "Oh it's a paradox", "Oh it's magic" or even just no explanation at all. This portal that opens up time and space just appeared. Deal with it.

The dialogue doesn't help either. XIII had a lot of it too but it just never really grated on me until now. I think I just stopped caring when I heard a line like "We must change the history of the future!".
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:41 am

And isn't XIII-2 being rendered pointless now, since "Lightning Returns" is set like 100 years after XIII-2?

And Toriyama isn't right in the head, watching the conference here's some gems he said about Lightning:

"Look at the soldier on your screen. Look at her actions, her speed, her courage."

"The large poster of Lightning that we created is still posted on my cubicle wall today. She's always there, watching the team and supporting us."

Guy comes across as really creepy...
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Oddly, I think it sounds kind of interesting.
I haven't even touched XIII-2, mind you. It's not the XIII universe that I'm particularly interested in. Like Tuffty, I liked XIII for what it was, but it certainly wasn't the best thing ever, and I don't have much interest in seeing its universe of characters further.
But the descriptions of the gameplay in this have me interested. I usually quite like it when Square comes out with a game focusing on only a single playable protagonist. Sounds like they're moving it into action-RPG territory, which could end up very cool. And the constant countdown means the game can only last for so long, which, to me, indicates more of a strict focus when it comes to side-missions (if any are present) and exploration. I like that, because it sounds like the action and events will just keep unfolding without letting up, more like an action game.

There's no gameplay footage, so it's hard to legitimately get excited by any means, but looking at the descriptions and ambitions for it (without any "FFXIII suxx0rz!!1!!" bias getting in the way), I'm actually really interested in seeing how this'll end up.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:42 pm

#-o

If you're an individual who still can't see that Motomu Toriyama is a fucking idiot ironically sitting on a multimillion game developing equipment, then that's because you're as stupid as he is and/or you're just a tasteless cunt who can't see that Motomu Toriyama's games are not only god-damn stupid, but also ugly as shit and disjointed. The FFXIII bullshit must die in a hellfire of rage, along with Square Enix as a whole because it's a company of FAIL fueled by mindless jerks who treat the FF name like a guarantee of quality.

This is a world where Motomu Toriyama makes the third shitty high budget FFXIII game in a row when nobody asked for any of it and Yu Suzuki eats shit while creating 'social' crap. "Injustice" doesn't even begin to describe where this bucket of pukes called humanity is right now.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:44 pm

Putting the XIII name aside for me what kills it for me is the Majoras Mask timer. I hate being timed and I never enjoy it. Personally think Square is just not what it used to be and XII was it's last worthwhile entry in the series. However I have to at least give credit that the timer thing is at least trying something different.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming