Red-Ringed :(

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby white lotus » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Mylo2 wrote:Let us know how that goes. I wanna get a 360 really bad, but it honestly is things like this that make me hesitate.

They're so cheap now though, may as well eh

Dude, get one. Who gives a shit if they have problems? Everything has problems. Your missing out on a great experience without a 360.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Also if it breaks you get it repaired for free so you don't loose any money.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Riku wrote:Also if it breaks you get it repaired for free so you don't loose any money.

Only the RROD falls under the 3 year warranty.
Anything else it's just the standard 1 year so if past that 1 year and something else goes wrong it will cost you a fee.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:26 am

a day ago I got another 360 returned, this time it was the Arcade unit.... problem : black screen of death on game boot every time.

Also made this year.... not looking good for the 360 in my eyes... since I experience the returns on the stores end.... I don't see a reason why I could recommend anyone to purchase one despite all of the good games for it.
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Smeghead » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:02 pm

white lotus wrote:
Mylo2 wrote:Let us know how that goes. I wanna get a 360 really bad, but it honestly is things like this that make me hesitate.

Dude, get one. Who gives a shit if they have problems? Everything has problems. Your missing out on a great experience without a 360.

To buy a console which is pretty much guaranteed to fail at some point is pretty shitty. Our PS1, which we bought back in like '98 still works. Our PS2 which we got in '05-ish still works. Even our original SNES still works. In this day and age, why should we have to settle for poorly designed machines?
Smeghead
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Smeghead wrote:
white lotus wrote:

To buy a console which is pretty much guaranteed to fail at some point is pretty shitty. Our PS1, which we bought back in like '98 still works. Our PS2 which we got in '05-ish still works. Even our original SNES still works. In this day and age, why should we have to settle for poorly designed machines?
Indeed.
Although my NES quit working in 2002 but it gave me 15 years of joy.
Everything else I have still works.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:12 pm

My Dreamcast has lasted 8 years... I don't see why I should buy a 360 that will only last 1 day to 2 years. At the price it is an investment... and if my investment wears out pretty fast and it was new... I'd consider it poorly built and avoid at all costs.
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Clint » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:45 pm

get a PS3
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby white lotus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:18 am

Clint, you know I can't do that.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby [mYLES] » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:26 pm

-Ryudo- wrote:
Smeghead wrote:
white lotus wrote:

Indeed.
Although my NES quit working in 2002 but it gave me 15 years of joy.
Everything else I have still works.

It's really the problem with everything. Nothing is made like it was used to. I have my genesis from 92 or so, it still works fine... I just want to know if I'm paying top $ for something, it's gonna last until I get bored of it, lol.
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Isn't it just the 360 that's just failing more often? I never really hear that many complaints with the Wii and PS3.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby white lotus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:36 pm

It's becuase of the chips or something
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Kenny™© wrote:Isn't it just the 360 that's just failing more often? I never really hear that many complaints with the Wii and PS3.

Yup Wii/PS3 less than 1% fail rate.
360 33% failrate so yeah 1/3 of 360's fail.

@White lotus it's not the chips..read back a few posts.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Only Child » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:13 am

My 360 red-ringed last week as well funnily enough. It's in Germany at the moment being repaired. This is my second red-ring and it's a real shame that what I consider the best console ever has these problems. I'd just get a PS3 if I didn't love the damn thing so much.

About the PS3 and Wii failure rate, two of my friends both have PS3s and suprisingly they've both broken, one of them for the second time. I was suprised when I heard that 'cause PS3 has a pretty good rep manufacturing wise. Apparently the problems were because of the Blu-Ray drive.
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:58 am

Been reading the lasted model that comes with the 60GB is very reliable. Some reports even saying the RROD should be a thing of the past due to a few changes. Cool if true but then from what ive read the consoles that have been made over the last year or so have a faliure rate similar to the PS3.

My launch console died a while back but i honestly blame that mostly on the death trap stand it was in. Since ive been using this

Ive not had any problems since and i hope it stays that way.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming