Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Last Game/System/Peripheral You Bought

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm tempted to re buy that. Its £8 on XBL at the moment at 2 is something like £11.

But just so you know, BI comes with a free copy of Bioshock on PS3.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: I'm tempted to re buy that. Its £8 on XBL at the moment at 2 is something like £11.

But just so you know, BI comes with a free copy of Bioshock on PS3.

Ah shit, never mind. I feel at the moment that I want something to get my teeth into and nothing I have in my collection is jumping out at me. The aesthetics of Bioshock from what I've read and seen over the past few days seem right up my street, so I'm not particularly arsed with forking out 15 notes out for it right now considering BI isn't out until next year.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

Only played the Demo. Not my thing but was damn well made. Still some amazing water effects.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:14 am

Looked again. Both games are £8 at the moment on Games On Demand . Might download them both then re play them before the new ones out.

MS needs to do another 75% off deal on GOD games.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:00 pm

It's not a scary series is it? I mean like is it meant to be frightening or spooky? Is it considered horror in anyway?
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby OL » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Sort of. It has its share of grotesqueries, and has some creepiness to it, but it's not necessarily "horror", per se. It's more like dark sci-fi. At least that's how I see it.

OL has received a thanks from: Spokane
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:40 pm

The dread of Big Daddy near bye is a very unpleasant feeling. Design wise I think it looks kinda funny and cartoony. In game not so much.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:50 pm

Eh, I never felt much tension from a Big Daddy being around, since they only attack if you attack them first. They actually struck me as a bit of a portable "safe haven" since they attack any enemies around, too. And beating them just requires a lot of strafing.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:57 pm

Not played enough to know. Did enjoy my first encounter watching behind the window in a marvel. Only on demo but while FP/FPS elements just not my thing. The presentation and atmosphere is top notch. Make sme want to buy the game on that alone.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 am

It was cool using a Big Daddy to take out people for you.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:46 pm

I am tempted to get that White Vita and AC3 bundle for $250, other have said I should save it to put towards my new PC. I originally was going to buy a midi-piano keyboard with it, but I am not thinking this mac is gonna be able to do much music production anymore. And I will probably end up getting all that at tax time, PLUS a new mac. Then I wont have to spend on computer shit for a while... ANYWAY, I am not buying my PC equipment until december some time and I still have plenty of pay checks and other money to build up between now and then. So um... OL! What should I do get the Vita and a game or 2 or keep saving? Or possibly get a 3DS?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:13 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I am tempted to get that White Vita and AC3 bundle for $250, other have said I should save it to put towards my new PC. I originally was going to buy a midi-piano keyboard with it, but I am not thinking this mac is gonna be able to do much music production anymore. And I will probably end up getting all that at tax time, PLUS a new mac. Then I wont have to spend on computer shit for a while... ANYWAY, I am not buying my PC equipment until december some time and I still have plenty of pay checks and other money to build up between now and then. So um... OL! What should I do get the Vita and a game or 2 or keep saving? Or possibly get a 3DS?

VITA! GRAVITY RUSH MOTHERFUCKER!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Ryudo wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote: I am tempted to get that White Vita and AC3 bundle for $250, other have said I should save it to put towards my new PC. I originally was going to buy a midi-piano keyboard with it, but I am not thinking this mac is gonna be able to do much music production anymore. And I will probably end up getting all that at tax time, PLUS a new mac. Then I wont have to spend on computer shit for a while... ANYWAY, I am not buying my PC equipment until december some time and I still have plenty of pay checks and other money to build up between now and then. So um... OL! What should I do get the Vita and a game or 2 or keep saving? Or possibly get a 3DS?

VITA! GRAVITY RUSH MOTHERFUCKER!

Ok ok, I need a second opinion though, so I am asking OL, another Vita owner. Also, I just checked the 3DS line up, there are some interesting things on it, but I wont be really interested until Bravely Default or SMT 4 comes out, or if we ever get that one RPG with the little girl in the labrinth (if I hear one joke, I swear to god...). I am not all that interested in Devil summoner and most of the other games for it I am kinda interested in are remakes or ports, Shinobi, OoT, MGS3, Tales of the Abyss etc. and I want some fresh new games. Although I havent played Tales of the Abyss, that would probably be one of my first purchaess if I got a 3DS.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:26 pm

OL will jizz about the mention of Gravity Rush. :lol: Also I have Shinobi on 3DS. Decent game amazing artstyle and animated cut scenes but has quite a few flaws. Some really shitty parts like Horse riding and the hoping on roof tops of cars while moving(mechanics are loose). Game feels like a budget PSOne game that has some merits but overall not that great.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Ugh... so after poking around amazing I found I can get Yakuza 3 and 4 and Asuras Wrath all for around $60, they have all hit the bargin bin... now THAT is tempting.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming