Sequels That Should Be Made

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:54 am

Jokatech19 wrote:I must say again, I need for them to spin-off the Bourne Conspiracy game. If they flesh that game out properly, I don't care about Shenmue 3. I loved that game to death. All Action, but perfectly balanced with the story.

Those end of Bourne games are pretty much done since EA bought the Bourne rights a while ago. Apparently, that project has been cancelled too though so.. Didn't the last game just revisit Bourne Identity?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:45 pm

Kenny™© wrote:
mue 26 wrote:There just needs to be a new Abes oddworld game... that was the game that got me into games.

They were making another one where you play a dog-like character that contracted rabies and the story was basically us getting to sympathize with the character down to the final stages but they dropped it in favor of being an animation company (which one of the founders of Oddworld Inhabitants always wanted to do).

Would've been great if they would've made it before they decided to bow out. I haven't played through the original Exodus and Oddysee (despite having them on my PC) but Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Oddysee were solid titles.

Wow I didnt know that, what a shame I would have loved just one more oddworld game. still at least their doing what they want to do and I would love to see some of their animation.

And yeah I thought strangers wrath was one hell of a game as well.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kenny » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 pm

From what little I played of the original Oddysee it seemed like a nice little puzzler/platformer.

And they're still working on a feature length movie last I read. I looked it up and its called Citizen Siege. I forgot to mention they were making two games to accompany the movie, so they seem to be slowly getting back to the buisness.

There is also some more info on the formentioned cancelled game here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oddworld_Inhabitants
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby mue 26 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Promising news. thanks
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat May 01, 2010 1:32 pm

LawXiu wrote:First game that springs to mind is Shadow of memories. I'd love to see a sequel or spinoff.

You should play this:

It was by the same makers as Hotel Dusk. It's a very good game, has a very similar time travelling mystery plotline (and is far better, with more people being killed off by a killer. You have to find out who it is doing the killing). Its gameplay is practically the same as Shadow of Memories.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Jokatech19 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Jokatech19 wrote:I must say again, I need for them to spin-off the Bourne Conspiracy game. If they flesh that game out properly, I don't care about Shenmue 3. I loved that game to death. All Action, but perfectly balanced with the story.

Those end of Bourne games are pretty much done since EA bought the Bourne rights a while ago. Apparently, that project has been cancelled too though so.. Didn't the last game just revisit Bourne Identity?

It covered a mixture of points in the trilogy. It was so well done it didn't feel at all like a derivative. It made you sit and wonder how cool it would be if the world were freed up and the story expanded- like Shenmue.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Bluecast » Sat May 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:You should play this:

It was by the same makers as Hotel Dusk. It's a very good game, has a very similar time travelling mystery plotline (and is far better, with more people being killed off by a killer. You have to find out who it is doing the killing). Its gameplay is practically the same as Shadow of Memories.

God I wish you could find that game in the states.
Also so sad Cing is defunct. Other than Suda they were my fave developer.
:cry:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Sat May 01, 2010 3:32 pm

You know, I just popped Killer 7 in for a scant few minutes today, and it made me really wish Suda would do another game like it. As much as I love NMH, it just doesn't beat the insane, disturbing, symbolic and ultimately compelling style of Killer 7. Maybe I'm not hoping for a sequel or spinoff necessarily (K7 works just fine on its own), but something by Suda that's similar in style and story depth.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat May 01, 2010 5:03 pm

I hear ya. killer7 is an amazing game. Pretty much my favourite Suda game, as well. I have heard that The Silver Case is set in the same universe ("Kill The Past") and is actually the best written of his works (in terms of story and atmosphere). Shame that game still hasn't been heard of since the conference when Suda said it would be brought over to the West into English. I fucking need that game, Suda! Looks so good. What I love about Suda is that he doesn't ever lose his creative touch on any project. I look forward to whatever the guy does next, he's so consistent to me.

I was looking through my games library today and noticed Breakdown on my shelf, not played that one in ages and immediately thought to myself; why have Namco not made another title in this vein since? Breakdown was flawed, but I still really liked it and felt that given another chance for them to develop a title like this, it could become a masterpiece! I remember how it felt so far ahead of the curve at the time, and still can be, if the execution is more polished. Nowadays they're too busy catering to arcade audiences, which is a dying business. Come on, Namco, make another Breakdown style game.

EDIT: Sorry for opening old wounds, Ryudo, I know that you are a big fan of Cing also. The other thing which stinks about them going under; we, the Western audience will never get the Hotel Dusk sequel. Such a mighty shame... :sad:
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Sun May 02, 2010 12:07 am

^^Well, the Hotel Dusk sequel could still be picked up by a western publisher. It's not like Cing published the first game in the west on its own.

And good call on Breakdown. Loved that game, and it always felt like it should have gotten a sequel. It's super-obscure, though, so I'm not too sure on its chances...
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun May 02, 2010 12:22 am

I third Breakdown.

The original was a flawed masterpiece indeed. Just don't ever play it on the hardest difficulty. Its a major pain in the ass.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby LawXiu » Sun May 02, 2010 6:34 am

Henry Spencer wrote:You should play this:

I'll look out for it.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun May 02, 2010 7:15 am

FIFA 2010 desparately needs a sequel...
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Brothaman » Sun May 02, 2010 10:33 am

Bushido Blade....
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun May 02, 2010 11:00 am

MiTT3NZ wrote:FIFA 2010 desparately needs a sequel...

FFX-II?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming