Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby myshtuff » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:04 pm

OL wrote:^^Don't even touch the third until you've beaten the first two.

Yeah definitely. You will miss out on fighting tigers.

Also I read on Wikipedia that the demo for Yakuza 4 came out in Japan a few days ago. I am going to download that bad boy later today when I get home.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:12 pm

Apparently the 'Challenge Pack' which includes the 2-player mini games is only a preorder bonus in the States exclusive to Gamestop. UK preorders get both the 'Battle Pack' and the forementioned.

The back of the box leaves the option for 'Content DLC' too, so hopefully we could see more of the Japanese content that was realised there.

In terms of cuts, apart from the Hostess, Shogi and Mahjong table games have been cut and their respective trophies. You can still enter the buildings but you're unable to start any conversations. The NPC's just go about their routine animations.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:37 pm

OK, so is it confirmed that amazon will send you the DLC codes as well? this really seems a bit odd I wish they would make things clearer
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:54 pm

Just played the demo for Ryu Ga Gotoku 4 from the japanese PSN.
God, it's fucking great. I'll admit, playing as someone other than Kazuma was a bit of a breath of fresh air. Only annoyance I had with the demo was the fact that the cutscenes a frickin' long, and of course I was unable to understand any of it. No doubt if there were english subs, though, I'd have been eating it all up like an excited child.
Man, I really hope Yakuza 3 does well enough so Yakuza 4 can be released outside of Japan.
The demo for Y4 just made me want to play Y3 even more than I already do. Can't wait. I'll be at the store tomorrow the minute the place opens up.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:33 pm

OL wrote:Just played the demo for Ryu Ga Gotoku 4 from the japanese PSN.
God, it's fucking great. I'll admit, playing as someone other than Kazuma was a bit of a breath of fresh air. Only annoyance I had with the demo was the fact that the cutscenes a frickin' long, and of course I was unable to understand any of it. No doubt if there were english subs, though, I'd have been eating it all up like an excited child.
Man, I really hope Yakuza 3 does well enough so Yakuza 4 can be released outside of Japan.
The demo for Y4 just made me want to play Y3 even more than I already do. Can't wait. I'll be at the store tomorrow the minute the place opens up.

Unfortunately I have work, but the second I get out I am speeding right down the highway to get it.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:18 am

That's the spirit.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:47 am

Think I'm going to wait until after I beat Yakuza 3 before I try the demo for 4.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby myshtuff » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 am

Riku wrote:Think I'm going to wait until after I beat Yakuza 3 before I try the demo for 4.

Yeah I will download it, but I think I will wait also.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 am

mue 26 wrote:OK, so is it confirmed that amazon will send you the DLC codes as well? this really seems a bit odd I wish they would make things clearer

All codes are packaged in the box, apparently.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:48 am

myshtuff wrote:
Riku wrote:Think I'm going to wait until after I beat Yakuza 3 before I try the demo for 4.

Yeah I will download it, but I think I will wait also.

If either of you think it'll spoil anything, trust me, it won't. Tons of cutscenes in the demo, but it's all incomprehensible if you don't know japanese. And Kazuma doesn't show up in any of the demo at all, so nothing in it can be considered a spoiler for the third game.

Waiting's still fine, I'm just letting you know there are no spoilers in it. And it's actually pretty fun playing as someone with a different fighting style for a change.
I don't really see the point in waiting, but hey, do what you will.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby ys » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm

Just got Yakuza 3. A few days earlier than planned but they sent an sms that it arrived today. The only thing they didn't have yet was the bonus code to unlock that extra content (which arrives tomorrow at the store). I'll first play some of Yakuza 3 before testing that other demo though.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby myshtuff » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:27 pm

those bastards at gamestop lied. it ships today and comes in stores tomorrow. :( I'll have to wait.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:43 pm

myshtuff wrote:those bastards at gamestop lied. it ships today and comes in stores tomorrow. :( I'll have to wait.

As much as I hate and boycotted them since I quit 3 years ago unless it's a midnight launch all games are listed as "Ships on" so they are up front about that.

Unless some teen dork just said something without thinking....wait that is everything they say...nevermind carry on.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby myshtuff » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Ryudo™ wrote:
myshtuff wrote:those bastards at gamestop lied. it ships today and comes in stores tomorrow. :( I'll have to wait.

As much as I hate and boycotted them since I quit 3 years ago unless it's a midnight launch all games are listed as "Ships on" so they are up front about that.

Unless some teen dork just said something without thinking....wait that is everything they say...nevermind carry on.

Yeah three different people said this Tuesday on the 9th it comes out.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:52 pm

Here in Europe it was supposed to be the 12th so I was a bit surprised.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming