Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:19 am

The Sonic 2 announcement was just a matter of good timing considering the Sonic Boom event that was going on. Good things come to those who wait afterall..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:Here's the HD mockup I mentioned. You'd be better watching on YT and upping to 720/1080p than watching the embedded version..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0N9h0tZYwo[/youtube]

Man, I only hope it looks that good. That looks excellent for a bunch of fan work.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:20 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:Here's the HD mockup I mentioned. You'd be better watching on YT and upping to 720/1080p than watching the embedded version..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0N9h0tZYwo[/youtube]

sega had a fetish for bad English VO it seems :lol: when he's in new serena discussing with the bar girl it sounded like a bad student sketch
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby OL » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeah, it was pretty bad.
Actually, I think it was mainly the localized script that killed it. The VO itself is pretty good in certain parts (Majima and Nishiki, Mark Hamill and Michael Rosenbaum respectively, were well-cast, and Date had a pretty good "old-school detective" tone to his voice, which I actually liked), but the script was made over-the-top and ridiculous in some ways. And, as always, many of the performances came off as wooden because of the efforts to match up with the lip-synching.
I think it was one of Sega's best decisions ever to retain the Japanese track with every subsequent game in the series. Makes a world of difference.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:19 pm

Ah right, i never played the first so i'm not really in positiin to judge it as a whole, but it does seem they tried to go for a 40's chicago gangster/detective feel in that video, something i'm a big fan of but this is a modern day yakuza story based in japan, apart from dante who does give of an old school american detective feel i feel they should of tried something more authentic for the rest
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:14 am

Yakuza 1 and 2 HD Edition has been confirmed by Japanese magazine Weekly Famitsu (via Andriasang).

The PlayStation 3 upgrade of the PlayStation 2 games launches on 1st November in Japan.

As well as the expected HD visuals, load times have been reduced, and you can now manage your item box in the phone booth. Food you've eaten at least once will now have a check mark shown on menus.

In Japan there are pre-order bonuses themed around the PS2 versions' packaging.

Will Sega release Yakuza 1 and 2 HD Edition in the west? Sega Europe declined to comment when quizzed by Eurogamer this morning.

An official unveiling of the game is expected tomorrow.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 am

Doesn't sound like a straight port from the PS2 versions. Could be timely for a translation to be done. For fuck's sake I hope Sega do it..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Yeah, if only in small ways, it sounds like they're really trying to make it "enanced", rather than just ported with better visuals.
Sounds great to me.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Sega are 'debating' releasing it for the West apparently, although possibly exclusively as a PSN download. I can't find any mention of it unfortunately..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:37 pm

I know it's been announced in Famitsu, I was looking for something relating to a Western release. My source was Dorian though :lol:
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:20 pm

I was just posting links. Was not responding to anyone
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:51 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TzEExtseaU[/youtube]
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:01 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:I know it's been announced in Famitsu, I was looking for something relating to a Western release. My source was Dorian though :lol:

Im sure it will come outside of Japan. But then i suppose it depends if the series sells well enough? Thought i read it only really sold in Japan?
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:45 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote:I know it's been announced in Famitsu, I was looking for something relating to a Western release. My source was Dorian though :lol:

Im sure it will come outside of Japan. But then i suppose it depends if the series sells well enough? Thought i read it only really sold in Japan?

True it's never been a heavy seller outside of Japan. I think there's a big enough fanbase in the West since the annual releases on PS3 though. Whether it's packaged or digital, it'll be a day one for me..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming