Yakuza series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Yakuza series

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:48 am

If it comes out on disc at say £20-30 ill buy it. Never really got to play them and i might be able to get into the 3rd if ive played the others first
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:10 am

Yakuza 3 was the first of the series I played. Beforehand I watched a Youtube channel with both games played through. Not ideal for everyone but there are recap videos on the actual game to help catch up.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:17 am

I tried watching that but got bored. Some games i just need to play to really follow. For instance i love Shenmue but i could never watch the whole game being played.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:55 am

I really think our chances of getting this depend on how easy it is for them to just re use all the work they did with the games before.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:I tried watching that but got bored. Some games i just need to play to really follow. For instance i love Shenmue but i could never watch the whole game being played.

Which channel did you watch? If you haven't, I recommend StrikeArranges. Admittedly, I did get a bit caught up with all the Japanese names to remember at once when I wasn't used to the characters..

Riku Rose wrote:I really think our chances of getting this depend on how easy it is for them to just re use all the work they did with the games before.

Shouldn't be a problem should it? I'm hoping they'd just take both scripts and alter a couple of things. Like changing Shintaro Fuma to Kazama, Kage to Florist, that sort of thing. They made great strides in Yakuza 4 and DS with small changes like this making it a better comparison to the JPN version..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:50 am

Yakuza HD western release is not a problem. At all. It is coming, trust me. It's a matter of when not if.

MAJOR Yakuza announcement coming TODAY according to the japanese official Yakuza site. Not HD Collection related. Stay tuned!
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:58 am

Double post just to give you a HD Collection trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TzEExtseaU[/youtube]
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby OL » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:56 am

^^Samanosuke posted it on the previous page.
Still, looking awesome. It's funny how one can get so excited over the prospect of re-buying games they technically already have, but this is doing it to me. As much, if not more, than when the Ico and SotC collection was coming.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 am

I preferred the 128bit kiryu he looks a lot more high end gangster, it's like they tripled his corporal size this gen and made him look like a 70's clubber
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:47 am

Crimson Ryan wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:I tried watching that but got bored. Some games i just need to play to really follow. For instance i love Shenmue but i could never watch the whole game being played.

Which channel did you watch? If you haven't, I recommend StrikeArranges. Admittedly, I did get a bit caught up with all the Japanese names to remember at once when I wasn't used to the characters..

I watched the vids that are on the disc
Last edited by Who Really Cares? on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Fan translation of Mayumi's page on the official site that was recently updated:

Mayumi.

A woman who lives together with Kiryu

Living under a false name in the corner of Nagasu district, she is a beautiful woman who is close to Kiryu, who makes a living as a taxi driver. She is also known as the 'number 1' of the well known club "Oliver" in the Nagasu District.

Despite Kiryu's reluctance, she forces herself into his apartment and gallantly helps him out every day.

Mayumi gives Kiryu, who is leading a lonely life in Fu-kuoka after seperating from Haruka and the children at Asagao, a life of peace without ever inquiring about his past. Before long, this life starts meaning all the world to him...

On a certain day in december 2012, while Kiryu is tormented by his past, Mayumi reveals her true feelings, which she has locked up deep down inside for all this time

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:25 pm

I wonder why kiryu left the orphanage, maybe he thought that his past life kept on catching up with him so left to protect the children, also is it normal for japanese to not notice when a girl likes them?
"Mayumi reveals her true feelings, which she has locked up deep down inside for all this time"
so she forces herself upon him and treats him like a husband but has her feelings locked down? :lol: but even though it looks like they are talking about love they didn't say exactly what feelings so it would be interesting if it's something completely different, or maybe it happened before she moved in with him :-k
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:31 pm

She couldn't resist his snazzy sweat suit..

Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:36 pm

lol kiryu's a chav :lol:
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 am

For some reason those shots are making it more evident that it's utilizing a new graphics engine (it didn't seem as obvious with the previous shots). The quality of the rendering on Mayumi's face looks fantastic. Very realistic.
I wonder if she's another character based off of a real actress?
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming