Naughty Bear

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Naughty Bear

Postby Oppy » Sat May 29, 2010 11:23 pm

I have been watching the trailers on youtube. They really want to make it obvious that this is going to be a violent game.

Anyone else been interested in this? Its coming out soon and there still hasnt been any gameplay footage. It looks like it will play like manhunt but with teddies. Reminds me of the teddies in conkers BFD.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iAs20eNiCM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87m8WpRoY24[/youtube]
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: with your mums titties

Postby Bluecast » Sun May 30, 2010 12:06 am

It always seemed like a PG wanna be of CBFD.
I lost interest when it was aiming for a T rating.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Oppy » Sun May 30, 2010 12:41 am

Thats what i was thinking. Sorta like bad fur day but without the sex references, swearing and blood.
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Sun May 30, 2010 8:19 am

I saw teddy bears and an implication of violence, and I immediately ignored it.
It's uninspired and forced. And I can't imagine it actually has much merit in the gameplay department.
Less than a "meh" from me.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Re: Naughty Bear

Postby Oppy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:57 am

Holy shit. I wasnt expecting this to be a great game, but from the reviews its terrible. I dont usually go by reviews, but a 2.5 from ign... it must be pretty bad...
I've only played a few hours of Naughty Bear, but I don't need to waste any more of my time to tell you that this game is a waste of yours. Naughty Bear is an embarrassment and shouldn't be purchased by anyone anywhere.

And usually they try to add something positive into the closing comment, but not for this game.
Naughty Bear could’ve been cool, but it isn’t. It’s a terrible game. You shouldn’t play it.

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1103027p1.html
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:19 am

I'm with Ryudo it just seemed like a Conker rip off.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby [mYLES] » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:42 am

Of course it is... Doesnt make it a bad game though
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:46 am

A2M have always been 'support' developers. Maybe they weren't ready for their own game..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 pm

A few days before it released a friend o mine sneaked it outta work. We got a few beers and started to play and picked up perhaps one of the worst games we've played in a while. That said, if it were in a bargain bin I'd buy it for 10$ Its worth it just to say "I own this shitty game"
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Oppy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:A few days before it released a friend o mine sneaked it outta work. We got a few beers and started to play and picked up perhaps one of the worst games we've played in a while. That said, if it were in a bargain bin I'd buy it for 10$ Its worth it just to say "I own this shitty game"

Haha, yous a funny guy. cracking beers for a shit game. Why have I never done that?
Oppy
Aussie cunt
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ys » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:39 am

I was surprised by the score it got. Well, I do everytime a game gets such an extremely low score. That must sting for the developers. When I see scores like that I always wonder if it's really THAT bad. Probably though.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:40 pm

ys wrote:I was surprised by the score it got. Well, I do everytime a game gets such an extremely low score. That must sting for the developers. When I see scores like that I always wonder if it's really THAT bad. Probably though.

You could say the same thing for a game that gets a perfect score or nearly a perfect score. You have to wonder if its really THAT good.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Spokane wrote:
ys wrote:I was surprised by the score it got. Well, I do everytime a game gets such an extremely low score. That must sting for the developers. When I see scores like that I always wonder if it's really THAT bad. Probably though.

You could say the same thing for a game that gets a perfect score or nearly a perfect score. You have to wonder if its really THAT good.

No perfect game anyway but you are right. But Numerical scores are a dumb system anyway.
However sometimes you can just tell when something is truly bad from just a trailers or a few details like you can with films.
This to me never looked that good and think when it got the T rating was a clear indication from how they were trying to market it as another conker like game it would fall flat.
Just didn't expect it to get reviews this bad.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby ys » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Spokane wrote:

I always do that actually. Especially these days when they hand them out quite often. It bothers me a bit when they take those average scores that worse games from this generation can score higher than some masterpieces from before. Just because the reviewing system isn't always as strict these days. Stuff that I would personally give 8-9 often gets a 10. The result is that you first see some hype. Then a month later the internet gets flooded with hate topics about the game being overrated. Usually made by the people who praised it to the skies before and just after release.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby dubkor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:44 pm

I actually just got home from doing some running about, they happened to have Naughty Bear set up over at Microplay.

My wife and I took turns playing it for about ten minutes. It's not as bad as IGN makes it out to be. It's not great, but I've played worse games.
dubkor
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Next

Return to General Gaming