Ys Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Ys & Falcom

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 pm

So lets talk about why I think Tits 2 will be announced either in the fall of 2013 or early 2014
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: So lets talk about why I think Tits 2 will be announced either in the fall of 2013 or early 2014

yes? YES?! spit it out already!!!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: LIES!!!! Did you somehow block this image completely or something ridiculous? I can see it, surely everyone else can. Quit trolling! :P

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Welp, back to no sig.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: So lets talk about why I think Tits 2 will be announced either in the fall of 2013 or early 2014

yes? YES?! spit it out already!!!

So I'm not sure if you guys lurk the Xseed forums but its essentially recruitment and pr. Theres a lot of "nudge*nudge*wink*wink"on the board. Theres also a lot of NDAs involved but nothing has ever just "gone away" with Xseed, even Dragon's Crown and grand knights history was "Well vanillaware never got back to us".

I think "This is dropped" wold have been said. Even the complete unwillingness to jump ship and localize other games like zero no kiseki shows they're committed to 2.

then theres the enigmatic "sara" aka the angel of goodness who is working on the steam releases. She actually gives Xseed the ability to release games without having to wait for Falcom to make things available, and speaking of which Falcom once said "it would be impossible to rework SC to be a psp download title" well guess what they did, and they're re-releasing the games digital on psn. So basically Falcom is making the games super available.

Then theres the fact that they really are translating it and i shows in a few inside jokes they've made on the forums. When working on Ys Seven I saw Tom ask if people would go nuts if he changed a K in a C because of the sound and i knew he meant a character name (Cruxie or Krushe). Its little things like that, making me realize he and Jess are working through the scripts.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:24 pm

Xseed responds to every email personally. Not a copy and paste thing most companies do. I can't remember who replied to me. I want to say Ken.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Henry Spencer has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, Nankeiro, wude
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm not buying or supporting anything else Falcom until they start taking finishing what they started with TITS western release seriously. I just cant. And while Ys doesnt really interest me that much some of their other games do, but I just cant bring myself to support them after such a let down. :/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:58 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: I'm not buying or supporting anything else Falcom until they start taking finishing what they started with TITS western release seriously. I just cant. And while Ys doesnt really interest me that much some of their other games do, but I just cant bring myself to support them after such a let down. :/

That's just stupid. Like crying at a birthday party because you got cookies and ice cream but no cake. Falcom has done their part but you seem to thick headed to get if Xseed did they would be out of business. Sorry to be harsh but you need to stop being a baby about it. You need to look at it from their perspective.

If you really want it that bad then import the japanese game and learn japanese. I am just to play Earth Seeker
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:16 pm

No, I am going to look at it from the prospective I am, the consumer. I downloaded TITS1 pirated and played it, loved it so much I had to buy it. Its the first part of a multiple game series that apparently goes on and on and my imagination just goes wild on what could come next in the story, Imagine if Shenmue 3 came out but it never left japan, same situation.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:23 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: No, I am going to look at it from the prospective I am, the consumer. I downloaded TITS1 pirated and played it, loved it so much I had to buy it. Its the first part of a multiple game series that apparently goes on and on and my imagination just goes wild on what could come next in the story, Imagine if Shenmue 3 came out but it never left japan, same situation.

No far from it. You sound entitled and spoiled like a child. Instead of doing anything about it you are just going to whine about it and let everyone know and not listen to reason. Because of that you don't deserve it anyhow.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Nankeiro » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:38 pm

That Ys Art Book has to be amazing. It's always, from Falcom.
Nankeiro
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby OL » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: No, I am going to look at it from the prospective I am, the consumer. I downloaded TITS1 pirated and played it, loved it so much I had to buy it. Its the first part of a multiple game series that apparently goes on and on and my imagination just goes wild on what could come next in the story, Imagine if Shenmue 3 came out but it never left japan, same situation.

...except that Falcom aren't the ones responsible for bringing it to the US. XSeed is.
No reason to ignore Falcom entirely when it's not their fault (at all) that it hasn't come over.

OL has received a thanks from: Bluecast
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 pm

^ wrong, both parties are to blame in some fashion. If Falcom of japan really was serious about bringing the game over here they would find the appropriate publisher if XSEED wasnt up to snuff (which sadly, apparently they are not).
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:24 pm

God, you're vindictive. :lol:

OL has received a thanks from: Bluecast
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming