Mizzurna Falls - Now Being Fan Translated into English!

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Mizzurna Falls

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 pm

@Absentia: There's loads of a games I really like that I've never completed. It's no biggie. I think I happened across Shenmue at just the right time. I was looking for a new game experience, something different and it certainly was from what I was used to; much slower paced, really intricate and obsessively detailed. I'd never seen anything like it. And that game within a game stuff (the arcade) really blew me away too. It's all in the timing, it's definitely a game you have to be in the right mood for, at the right time. Sort of like fine wine. :)
At least you gave it another go, many times I gave up on a game only to try them years later and end up really liking them.

Vyse Hazuky wrote:Deadly Premonition as well.. just on a smaller scale. But you wouldn't believe the number of "oh man, this is the stupidest game EVER" and lots of "my friend told me this was hilarious but it was so lame I traded back the next day" comments I see regularly... (you know, but stupider sounding, I just don't have the practice to immitate it better :P )

One peculiar thing is it seems to have a lot of women fans, which is interesting.

Twin Peaks has plenty of fans, especially fans who want closure (Season 2 just didn't provide that though, as we all know). I think it crosses off into "I heard it was like Twin Peaks, but better", which is, for the most part, the truth. It actually has a satisfying conclusion for one. And it ties up most loose ends.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Tis true.

And again, it reached all the way to Japan, amazing. Have you heard of Woodcutters from Fiery Ships? Lynch's supposed one-time video game project with Synergy (who've made Gadget, one of my faves)?
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:49 pm

It's being fan translated into English! WOOHOO!

phpBB [video]

http://projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/post/ ... in-english

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Previous

Return to General Gaming