Mizzurna Falls - Now Being Fan Translated into English!

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Mizzurna Falls - Now Being Fan Translated into English!

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:46 am

I had talked about this upcoming article for a while now. This is Human Entertainment's (Clock Tower, SOS/Septentrion, The Firemen) Mizzurna Falls, a game that shares similarities with Red Seeds Profile/Deadly Premonition (moreso than Shenmue). It is also a lost item in Japan.
With full article and load of pictures as well as a video, here it is, by EasternMind:

http://easternmind.tumblr.com/post/2906013149/mizzurna

Wonderful work as always!

MOD EDIT:

Fantastic news!
First 30 minutes in English - it's being fan translated into English! Shenmue fans should check this game out.

phpBB [video]
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Re: Mizzurna Falls

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:08 am

Very interesting. I'd heard of this game before, but it never clicked with me that this could have been the game that inspired SWERY (it honestly looks like Deadly Premonition is a spiritual successor to this game). Makes me want to play it now. How much of it is in English? Just the intro?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:09 am

Yeah, there's no english at all. Apart from character names. :cry:
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Yeah, that looks awesome. Human is an interesting developer. Only really played the SFC Clock Tower myself, but it was a great experience, and their other games look to be as well. Really want to try SOS on the SNES as well.
But this one really looks the most intriguing. Shame it never came out over here.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:40 pm

What's really maddening is how it predated all of these other innovative games, at least in terms of release (of course we know Shenmue was being made at the time); but even still is very unknown, even though it's not from such an obscure company.

An incredible feat on the PSX.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Yeah I remember you showing this to me and I posted it and everyone said it looked boring.
Now they say it looks awesome. :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:57 pm

:-s
Who said it looked boring? They should be shot.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Absentia » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:49 pm

I remember playing the first 30minutes of shenmue and thinking it was incredibly boring :lol:
I only picked the game a year or two after that because I had nothing to do
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Absentia wrote:I remember playing the first 30minutes of shenmue and thinking it was incredibly boring :lol:
I only picked the game a year or two after that because I had nothing to do

Shenmue really is one of the most divisive games ever made. What about it actually appealed to you after you didn't like it at first?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Deadly Premonition as well.. just on a smaller scale. But you wouldn't believe the number of "oh man, this is the stupidest game EVER" and lots of "my friend told me this was hilarious but it was so lame I traded back the next day" comments I see regularly... (you know, but stupider sounding, I just don't have the practice to immitate it better :P )

One peculiar thing is it seems to have a lot of women fans, which is interesting.
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Absentia » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:53 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:Shenmue really is one of the most divisive games ever made. What about it actually appealed to you after you didn't like it at first?

What's not to like?

To be honest, when I first tried it I was a tad too young to fully understand just how much shenmue really was. Plus the horrible voiceacting, the loooong loading times everytime I entered a new area/store and the overall absence of action scenes (at least in the first few moments; come to think of it, the game really had very few action all in all, especially if compared to the second) really put me off, as I was looking for an adrenaline pumped experience at the time. Another thing that annoyed me was that you just couldn't pick the controller, play for a little bit and leave when you wanted. You'd always have to play for an hour or two. granted I had a lot of free time back then, but my attention span was quite limited and it was not unusual that I changed discs every ten minutes.

But then I tried open-mindedly and I started appreciating all the small things we've all grown to love. Even just picking a soda from a vending machine seemed to me a touch of genius. Then I started talking to the people and everyone had something to say, even that american stereotype that used to crack me up. Fortunately I had a lot of free time, so I ended up loving the game.

And now I'll probably drop a bomb around the forum, but I never really finished the game :sad: (and I probably won't be talked to again around here)
the final disc was ruined, so I only made it that far... Back then I had limited access to new games and I just couldn't afford buying a new copy from the store, so it was the end of the line. oh well, despite that fact, the game really stuck out to me, becoming one of my alltime favourites.

Then I bought a xbox and I ended up getting the second one, but there was a gap in the story (manageable of course) and time started to lack, so I never gave the second game a proper playthrough. However, having spoken to some people it seems I wasn't far away from the ending.

So here you have it, I'm probably the only person around her never to finish either one of the shenmues...
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:58 pm

^Hehe, I don't think that's true, but you should anyway...

At least you have an idea of what you're missing!
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby Panda_rapist » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:05 pm

And now I'll probably drop a bomb around the forum, but I never really finished the game :sad:

didnt you allready mention this :-k
if it wasnt you then your not alone someone else hasnt finished it here as i recall having the same conversation with someone :)
Panda_rapist

Postby Absentia » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:06 pm

And it's funny because I still have both functioning consoles (xbox and dreamcast) and, though I lack working copies, I got friends that would gladly lend both games to me :D
However now's not really the right time...
Absentia
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:11 pm

^ your not the first to never finish.
First one I met at the dojo was Iden.(only some vets remember him)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Next

Return to General Gaming