PSVita (PSP2)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: PSVita (PSP2)

Postby Sonikku » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:30 pm

The Vita looks interesting. Right now though I think I'd just be content with 3000. Let Sony take a couple years to slash their price and refine their product. $300 for a portable that apparently needs some tweaks isn't something I think most people should scoop up right out of the gate.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Sonikku wrote:The Vita looks interesting. Right now though I think I'd just be content with 3000. Let Sony take a couple years to slash their price and refine their product. $300 for a portable that apparently needs some tweaks isn't something I think most people should scoop up right out of the gate.

To be honest that sums up all Sony systems.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:45 pm

For Sonikku

PSP-2000 Vs Vita

PSP-3000 vs Vita
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:29 am

Thanks for the picsies! The 2k and 3k screens look far more similar than the strawberry pic. The thing that stands out to me the most is how the Vita looks larger while managing to have buttons you need a microscope to find. What were they thinking?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 am

Sonikku wrote:Thanks for the picsies! The 2k and 3k screens look far more similar than the strawberry pic. The thing that stands out to me the most is how the Vita looks larger while managing to have buttons you need a microscope to find. What were they thinking?

That was my second biggest issue with Vita when I played it. (1st is the non removable batt) I think they should have made it the size of PSP. PSP screen is plenty big enough. Vita while I want one felt like a modern Game Gear in a sense that it's just slightly to big to be called a portable and borderline luggable.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:47 am

Sonikku wrote:Thanks for the picsies! The 2k and 3k screens look far more similar than the strawberry pic.

Does it? There's a clear difference in colours - those of PSP-3000 are far more vibrant and are much closer to Vita's than PSP-2000, which looks very watered-down.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:21 pm

Btw that MGS Collection for Vita seems like hand held heaven. That and the FFX remake I think I might want for Vita as well, but then again, idk getting both those for PS3 on a huge screen is also tempting, thats a toughie.

And as for those comparison pics well all I can really say is FUCK VITA IS SEXY!!!
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:28 pm

I think the Vita looks ok but IMO PSP slims are sexier. Vita is a chubby
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Ryudo wrote:I think the Vita looks ok but IMO PSP slims are sexier. Vita is a chubby

Understatement. Not only is that true, but my doubts are being reinforced. I was really close to buying a Vita yesterday, but once again after viewing the launch titles so far, I keep hearing what the companies pay the media to feed us- "amazing handheld", "close to a PS3", "the best visuals of a handheld by far". All of that is BS to the max. So far I can see any of these games being on the PSP. These companies think we're idiots. They hand us PSP 2.0 and tell us it's light years ahead of what we have. I haven't forgotten Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow or MGS Peacewalker. Either of those are as close to a PS3 as the Vita is so far. If I don't get some real consolation such as titles and add-ons, I'm gonna hold out.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:16 pm

It's not a PS3. but it's close. Seriously look at it's specs and Play uncharted. It's amazing on it. Plus it just launched so Devs by far don't have a full handle on the hardware. Early DS games were 90% 2D.
Vita is damn powerful. I would drop 250$ right now if I had that kind of cash. Despite my issues with it I love the Vita.
I prefer it over 3DS at this moment.

As I said before PSVita is to PS3 what PSP is to PS2. Not quite there but close.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:19 pm

There he goes trolling us again, its so easy to tell when hes doing it though. ;-)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:There he goes trolling us again, its so easy to tell when hes doing it though. ;-)

Second time in this topic he said has no more power than PSP. So yeah either trolling or real stupid.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Ryudo wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:There he goes trolling us again, its so easy to tell when hes doing it though. ;-)

Second time in this topic he said has no more power than PSP. So yeah either trolling or real stupid.

Neither. To me if you look at Tekken on the PSP it actually looks better than the PS2 as well as a handful of other titles. I haven't had a chance to see alot of the Vita in person, but while it is powerful, as you just said the developers haven't done much yet, and yes it has thus far produced games that the PSP could have pulled off. The "real stupid" are the people thrown off by the larger screen, second analog and new name and library. It's thus far a slight improvement with bells and whistles. I will keep an eye on it though.
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby Sonikku » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:37 am

I'm impressed if the vita gets 6 or so hours of battery life. The PS3 and 360 seem to gobble up wattage like god damn crazy, yet they made something nearly as powerful running off a itty bitty battery. I think they may have been pushing it a bit already, I'm not sure going for an even bigger screen to light up was really necessary. But if the battery still manages to hold up I would be amazed at how far it's come.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:41 am

3-5
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming