RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:12 pm

Bluecast wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:Ugh the namco website is saying I have to pay upfront for the game which isnt coming out until 6 months from now... Also pre-ordering through their website seems like its the only way to even get the LE at all, weird.

It doesn't charge til it ships. Otherwise I would have never been able to get it. And yes only thorugh Namco's site

Apparently not, if I am ordering with paypal. I mean, I wouldnt mind going ahead and paying for it, and KNOWing i will have it come january (dont know what I will be like financially in january). But Money is tight for me until mid to end september :/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Read the site FAQ. My moms card has not been charged. The FAQ says not til it ships
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Tuffty » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Completed one of the best side quests I've ever played in any RPG. It was in The Witcher 2, known as With Flickering Heart

It's in Chapter 2 in Vergen. An elf tells you about a spree of gruesome murders and you piece together that it might be a succubus. When you do find her, she accuses the elf that approached you, as he fell so madly in love with her that he killed any other lovers she had out of jealousy. The succubus offered a different kind of 'reward' if I accused the elf to his commander, Iorveth. As a monster hunter I probably shouldn't have entertained it for so long and just killed it, but....I am a man. Kinky supernatural sex sounded too good to turn down. So I went to go about accusing the elf.

After examining one of the corpses earlier, all signs pointed to a succubus attack but there was something embedded in it's arm which you could only extract if you bought surgical tools from one of the vendors in town. Extracting it out reveals it's a metal fragment. So I went and accused the elf to Iorveth who revealed that the elf had fled town, confirming my suspicions. But not very far as outside the liar he was waiting for me and we had to fight. I won, naturally, and then I got down to her liar and then we uh....'sealed the deal'. Also got paid for it and got some epic armor as a reward too. Like a man should.

Kinkiness aside, it was a brilliant quest. It was a murder mystery essentially, and it was long, varied, required you to think and had brief spells of combat. Funny too, like when you have to play as Dandelion and make up the poem. Or when you make Dandelion go down into the liar and it cuts back to Geralt. "That fucking idiot!". Saw how it played out if you killed the succubus instead and the rewards are different as well but equally worthwhile getting. Although I am much happier with the armor. I needed an upgrade but couldn't afford one, and this armor not only give me improved stats on everything but also increases my bomb damage by 50%. Very, very useful.

One quest that's infinitely better than anything ME3 ever churned out.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Bluecast wrote:Read the site FAQ. My moms card has not been charged. The FAQ says not til it ships

Ugh... sadly I was right, you have to pay upfront if using paypal, I just went all the way to the part where it said "pay now" while logged into paypal. Dammit, I guess I dont wanna put in my regular credit card info and do it that way... paypal seems like the better alternative.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:33 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:
Bluecast wrote:Read the site FAQ. My moms card has not been charged. The FAQ says not til it ships

Ugh... sadly I was right, you have to pay upfront if using paypal, I just went all the way to the part where it said "pay now" while logged into paypal. Dammit, I guess I dont wanna put in my regular credit card info and do it that way... paypal seems like the better alternative.

every payment I have made by paypal takes days if not more than a week to deduct from my bank account, I'm guessing the money is only deducted once the product is dispatched
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mue 26 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:38 pm

If your doing by card on paypal, it's instant I believe, but if it's done with bank transfer (if they allow that) I think that usually takes a few days, and I think e-check takes like a week or something.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 am

yeah im using my card through pay pal, and yes it is instant from what I have seen.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:00 am

Valak Mountain is huge O_O I keep getting more and more impressed with the scale and jaw dropping visuals in Xenoblade. 95 hours in now and I wish I had time to level all my characters to max, and go fight all the red enemies on the field but sadly i doubt i'll have time. I am questing hard though, I figured something else out too, you cant do them all in one play through. Infact there is different ones depending on the decisions you make. even to the point where the same character will have a different quest depending on which quest you chose to complete first between 2 other totally different characters that had conflicting affinities. Namely, the one from today, the 2 dentists in Nopon Village, another character (that had dental work done) had 2 different quests depending on which dentist you helped, and it would only let me help one. Plus which ever dentist you helped, I think it opens up that characters quest tree, and you can only open up one or the other. I did a little experimenting with what would happen if I completed this quest as opposed to this one, and weigh the outcomes. It was interesting.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:22 pm

So hyped to play this. It's on it's way
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3JBtKUhP9c[/youtube]

If you feellike spoiling yourself a little here is an hours worth of gameplay. Sadly the game will never come to the west and the only English patch known was never finished but was put on Megaupload.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv7E9oijq0c[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:06 pm

So SMT4's website got updated:

http://megaten4.jp/

Nocturne's title theme remix! And it sounds amazing.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Dammit, that's sexy as hell. I was about to say it's not the actual Nocturne theme, but then the right melody popped up. It's like a mix of the two opening themes from Nocturne, with new synth.
Damn cool. That just set the tone so well, I want this game NOW.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Mistwalker loves the Wii U for more RPG's
The developer behind The Last Story believes the Wii U and its tablet controller is well suited for JRPG (Japanese RPG) games. The Last Story lead designer Takuya Matsumoto shared some of his thoughts on the Wii U in a recent interview, saying he and developer Mistwalker are interested in creating a game for Nintendo’s new platform. Specifically about the Wii U and the GamePad controller, Matsumoto said:
“One merit [of the Wii U GamePad] is the ability to use a touch screen to directly manipulate information, such as looking up a monster’s weak point or, like with a car’s GPS, as a tool to understand battlefield conditions on a sub screen. This special feature will likely bring about opportunities for deep research into JRPG strategy”

He also added that he believes Miiverse — the Wii U social network — will be implemented into most of the Wii U games in the future. Matsumoto and his developers at Mistwalker have been working on The Last Story for the Wii for a while now, and the game is finally set for release this month in North America. The game was created by many former developers on Final Fantasy, and was released earlier this year in Japan to great reviews and reception from gamers. While it’s looking promising for a Mistwalker-developer Wii U game in the future, there is still no official announcement. Perhaps this could mean a remake or a sequel of The Last Story for the Wii U?

I know The Last Story would have worked great with the touch pad
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Tedious Xenoblade is tedious. The rarest item drop for the level 3 upgrades for colony 6, the infamous ice cabbage. I just hunted around Valak Mountain for a few hours trying to get the last one I need, and its just not happening. But I dont really wanna leave the area until I have it, because its more or less the last thing I have to be in that area for, for the time being. UGH.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:13 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Tedious Xenoblade is tedious. The rarest item drop for the level 3 upgrades for colony 6, the infamous ice cabbage. I just hunted around Valak Mountain for a few hours trying to get the last one I need, and its just not happening. But I dont really wanna leave the area until I have it, because its more or less the last thing I have to be in that area for, for the time being. UGH.

I ran into a lot of that. So what I did was save warp to another area save. Load that save and warp right back. Repeat until you find it.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:19 pm

yeah see im not even sure where exactly in valak mountain they spawn at so...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming