RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

Postby Bluecast » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:26 pm

I need to get Trails at some point. Another game I always talk of getting but I usually do at some point. Even with Ys as my fave series and having only played Ys I can't place Falcom as best yet.

To me right now it's a very tight race but I might give the edge and only by a split hair to Mistwalker. Mainly because they remind me so much of Squaresoft of the 90's
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:36 pm

Square-enix has talent, money, and fame. But they'd still lose money if they sold pennies for a dollar.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:20 pm

I have an obvious bias towards monolith, Mistwalker doesnt have as large of libraries as the other 2, nor have they been around as long. And Level 5 I have only played Jeanne D'arc DQ8 and Rogue Galaxy, their games are excellent though. But when it comes down to who actually makes the "best" JRPGs? Thats a tough call, I would probably go with miswalker as having the most complete package, keep in mind i have only played The Last Story though, so I may not be the best person to ask. I say that because good characters, good extremely unique combat, driving the genre forward etc. Monolith is much more story heavy (But its takahashi running the show, thats to be expected :P), Xenosaga, Baten Kaitos was the beginning and I think Xenoblade kind of merged some aspects from both those series into one (the gorgeous visuals from BK mixed with story and character aspects from Xenosaga, but at the same time making it its on unique experience). Level-5 just makes beautiful games, with interesting combat, the stories have been a bit more on the light side, but they are up there with the JRPG elite thats for sure.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Amazon says Tales of Xillia comes out Dec. 31st this year. What a shit release date. Namco and their slow ass localizations, I swear...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Why can't this topic just die? Everytime I see it I get reminded how much an ass I was with the mod CP.
Lock this pile of shit
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:03 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Amazon says Tales of Xillia comes out Dec. 31st this year. What a shit release date. Namco and their slow ass localizations, I swear...

Amazon always lists things with "Dec. 31" when they don't actually know when the release date is. Maybe their page setup requires that you put in a release date or something, I'm not sure.
But as far as I know, Xillia is actually schedule for sometime this year, they just haven't announced when. I'd guess much sooner than December 31.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:15 pm

I miss Suikoden... we havent seen Suikoden 6 all gen long. I guess its basically dead, I know some spin offs were made, the DS game, a PSP game, but apparently they havent really been up to snuff. Shame, it was a cult favorite. Suikoden is up there with FF, Xeno, DQ, Tales, in the mix of JRPG series, and honestly better than many of those.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Previous

Return to General Gaming