RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:38 am

Xenoblade has been a breeze up until about the last quarter of the game, and I have died many times throughout. TBH I think there is alot of things I havent tried with my characters arts and abilities that probably could have saved my ass in those situations, but there is so much customization in the game and so many ways to spec your characters, I guess I got lazy and didnt feel like putting forth the effort to re-spec them for every boss battle to make it a breeze. What would have been really cool in this game would have been a "scan" art on enemies, that way you could find out its weaknesses and exploit them, because if im not hunting around on the internet for the answers, you are basically going in blind.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:38 am

Xenoblade has very simple rules: if your level is equal or higher, the battle will be won even on autopilot; if the level difference is between 1-5, you can look at the screen from time to time; if the level difference is between 5-10, you should think about what you're doing; if the level difference is 10 and up, you will miss every attack (unless you're buffed like mad, with the best equipment and with special skills, and even then you will miss a lot).

Even RPGamer agrees with me that Xenoblade lacks challenge and would use scaling enemies and HARD mode.

As much as I didn't enjoy Xenoblade as a whole package, I'm happy Nintendo sponsored it. JRPG is my favourite gaming genre and I am happy to see more of JRPGs in these hard times, even if the quality isn't up to the standards from the past (at least they bring hope for a better future).
Last edited by Dorian on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, if anything, at least the popularity of Xenoblade will mean we shall see even more games from Monolith Soft in the future, that may be more to your tastes? They're good at creating new IPs a lot. I'd like to see a tactical RPG from them, don't think they've tackled that side of RPGs yet.

EDIT:

Sakaguchi's epic new (iOS) game:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/25/bl ... ense-game/

\:D/

Mistwalker really are going places!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:01 pm

^trololololooo

Dorian, RPG gamer is the biggest bunch of animu weebos on the internet, they woulden't know a good new RPG if it tea bagged them, bit them, slapped them, set them on fire, then gave them a golden shower to put it out

(that said watch them love TiBC)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Dorian » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: ^trololololooo

Dorian, RPG gamer is the biggest bunch of animu weebos on the internet, they woulden't know a good new RPG if it tea bagged them, bit them, slapped them, set them on fire, then gave them a golden shower to put it out

(that said watch them love TiBC)

I actually take the time to read their reviews carefully. They have a great team that writes some of the best JRPG reviews on the net. You just need to look for the editor ones, not the fan crap that's being submitted to them.

Henry Spencer wrote: Well, if anything, at least the popularity of Xenoblade will mean we shall see even more games from Monolith Soft in the future, that may be more to your tastes?

Exactly what I meant by hopes of a better future.

I'll pretend I didn't see that epic game from Sakaguchi.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:36 pm

RPGamer I used to like alot, but I quit their forums years back because the mods were douche bags, and one of the tame mods actually messaged me on AIM trying to get me to return on behalf of the forums and I was like no way in hell after being trolled not only in threads but in PMs BY THE MODS. Thats not the real reason they arent that great anymore though, they desperately need to update their site layout, its structure is as I have always remembered it from about 10 years ago with small changes. They have ok RPG reviews, and their news is sometimes late, sometimes you will hear last weeks news today, or even further back than that, and then sometimes its current to that week. They have ALOT of information though in there database about RPGs, major and obscure so thats always a plus.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:47 pm

i always found em extremely pretentious

hence Dorian likes em :P

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:35 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: i always found em extremely pretentious

hence Dorian likes em :P

Dorian has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:59 pm

160 hours 160 FUCKING HOURS!!! I am on the last item to collect for Colony 6 and its done. I am in the last dungeon and these enemies are fucking bitches, I still have tons of quests to finish too... which I may or may not complete. These self destructing nebula's in the last dungeon are really starting to piss me off you whittle them down to little HP and BOOM and you get no chest with the collectable items needed for Colony 6, the last one I went up against I could only kill one every 7 or 8 attempts without it self destructing on me... atleast I only needed 2 of that item.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:02 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: 160 hours 160 FUCKING HOURS!!!

That's nothing. You don't want to see some of my save files, not to mention Manny's...
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I will top you all in hours spent in that game. I played and beat it 6 times. Longest play was 261. Shortest 130. Together about 900+

Edit I just looked..homebrew says I played it total of 53 days so almost 1300 hours
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:21 pm

can you not 100% colony 6 on the first playthrough? I have 147 residents, apparently im missing 3.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:28 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: can you not 100% colony 6 on the first playthrough? I have 147 residents, apparently im missing 3.

You can. Try harder.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:34 pm

strange im missing 3 yet you have to choose between some of them. like perrine and mefimefi from colony 9, gowago and minana from frontier village, and en argentis and zel argentis from alcamoth, I have the rest of them. Even the 2 from fallen arm.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: strange im missing 3 yet you have to choose between some of them. like perrine and mefimefi from colony 9, gowago and minana from frontier village, and en argentis and zel argentis from alcamoth, I have the rest of them. Even the 2 from fallen arm.

It doesn't matter you have to choose. You can get 100% no matter what. You had to miss some NPCs, or you didn't talk with somebody for a long time.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming