Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby Bluecast » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Yama wrote: If it gets Project Zero I'll care.

A little birdy tells me a series I love very much will be there though, perhaps in port fashion. Nevertheless that equals must buy for me, so I guess it's time to start tracking some other titles to get some use out of it.

At the very least can import the Wii PZ2 remake from UK.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 am

sitting on the train I hard some kids talkin bout the Wiiu.

"Its just a wii with a touch screen mad stupid shit"

the conversation moves on

"Yo I'm gettin dat Iphone 5 day one, Imma get a tent so i can get that shit"
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:53 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: sitting on the train I hard some kids talkin bout the Wiiu.

"Its just a wii with a touch screen mad stupid shit"

the conversation moves on

"Yo I'm gettin dat Iphone 5 day one, Imma get a tent so i can get that shit"

I don't like them. Not at all. However it's not their fault. I blame the parents for being stupid and breeding and giving us stupid kids. Don't forget to spay and neuter the stupid people.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:17 am

Hope it does well and silly Sega, They need more games so its odd they dropped this seeing the first sold over 1.30M
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:31 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: Image

Hope it does well and silly Sega, They need more games so its odd they dropped this seeing the first sold over 1.30M

Actually their logo is in there.

The game also sold more units on the PS3 then 360, and the PS3 was a TERRIBLE port that basically didn't capture a lot of what was great about the game, so can we really call most of the people who bought the games fans when they didn't even get a good version of it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:44 am

Does Wii U's launch strategy show a crisis of confidence at Nintendo?

"There is a lot to ask you"

Satoru Shibata said what we were all thinking when his boss Mr Iwata beamed into Europe's Nintendo Direct this afternoon.

The silence since Wii U's unveiling over a year ago has been deafening. Press and consumer confusion has given way to indifference, and this year's uninspiring E3 showcase did little to change that. Finally, we have a November 30th release date and a launch plan, but the big questions won't go away.

What is Wii U? Is it a suped-up Wii? Is it Nintendo's answer to iPad? Is it aimed at the hardcore or the family market? The launch software and pricing strategy revealed today suggests that Nintendo wants Wii U to somehow play all of these roles.

A large part of Wii's breathtaking success was because of its simplicity. One console, one intuitive controller, one killer app - Wii, its Remote and Wii Sports seduced the world. Even today, Wii sits way ahead of 360 and PS3 in terms of installed base. When Nintendo plays to its strengths, it makes accessible, colourful, life-affirming games for extraordinarily successful consoles.

Three launch SKUs for Europe shows that Nintendo's vision for Wii U isn't nearly as clear, or as daring. Basic, Premium and a ZombiU bundle speak of Nintendo's attempt to please both families and the hardcore. Extra Gamepads, Pro Controllers and how the Wii Remote fits in to all of this adds to the sprawling number of options available to the consumer.

And the muddled media messaging rumbles on, too: Four press briefings, one this morning for Japan, then later three simultaneously across Japan, the US and Europe. TVii was announced in the US, but nowhere else. Black Ops 2 was mentioned in passing in Europe's feed, and yet in the US, Activision talked its flagship shooter up while also confirming 007 Legends, Transformers Prime and Skylanders Giants on Wii U.

Thankfully for Nintendo, Wii U will not be judged on its fumbled reveal. Though the launch plan smacks of indecision, let's not allow that to overshadow some potentially brilliant videogames. I have no doubt that Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros U will both be excellent, and both Rayman Legends and LEGO City Undercover look ideal for a Nintendo console.

But does anyone care about Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City on Wii U? Will FIFA 13 really be improved with extra GamePad functionality? Tekken, Assassins Creed 3, Ninja Gaiden, Darksiders 2 - all hardcore games coming to Wii U, but to be blunt, they are unlikely to steer 360 or PS3 owners away from the console they already own. The reveal of Bayonetta 2 was today's biggest surprise, a game apparently rescued from the abyss by a Nintendo keen to seduce its small but vocal fanbase. A smart move in terms of reputation, but perhaps not commercially. Wii U's success does not depend on how well EA and Activision can port over its 360 and PS3 games, plonking a map screen on the GamePad. Nintendo consoles have always relied upon the genius of its first party software, widespread appeal and affordability. Wii U's Premium bundle encapsulates Nintendo's conundrum - a higher-priced, 'hardcore' black Wii U with greater storage space, but a family game like Nintendo Land bundled in with it.

Wii U will be just fine this Christmas with Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U leading the charge. After the honeymoon period is over, though, I would love to see Nintendo emerge with a clearer vision and a more focused strategy for Wii U. Right now, less than two months from launch, there are still questions to be answered.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/368390/blog/nintendos-hard-sell/

Uk Launch day titles

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
FIFA 13
Mass Effect 3: Special Edition
New Super Mario Bros. U
Nintendo Land
Rayman Legends
ZombiU
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Toki Tori 2
Nano Assault Neo

That's a hard sell to anyone who owns a 360 or PS3 already.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:57 pm

If they really wanted to build the hype they should have released the price and date already. Its rediculous. Its off everyones radar at this point and imo the people who dont have alot of money need to budget in advance if they really want it. Just makes sense for familys to know.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 pm

:lol: They did yesterday. But yes this has been the worst console announcement ever IMO.

Last years E3 reeked of desperation due to them having no games to announce [20 minutes of Zelda music, a crap load of stats that put Sony to shame and a piss poor announcement, Many thought they were simply releasing the tablet rather than a console] and this years was just as bad with them unable to give any actual details on the console and ending it with a dumb fire work show.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:32 pm

^ You forget of the Xbox 360 announcement from Frodo on Mtv. Also Sony E3 2006.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Nope that was better than N's announcement of the Wii U and the console had already been announced before that via viral marketing and then this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB5AugdCl4M[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:40 pm

^ Yes I know that vid and it's bad the self adoring crap. Not to mention how laughable the best in the world design team that gave us red ring.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4[/youtube]

Also I see nothing wrong with the WiiU event in NYC. Had some great surprises. Monolith soft making games for it? Fuck yeah. Baynoetta 2 fuck yeah! Nintendo TVii and it's free? Fuck yeah! Take note Xbox. Why I won;t renew my Xbox gold as it's greedy and pointless. The Wonderful 101 fuck yes! Rayman Legends amazing!

Tell me how exactly this was so bad when everyone else was excited? All I see is a dedicated Sony fan and a dedicated Xbox fan complaining. Not like 3DS where still there is practically nothing on that system that has me interested. Vita does however.

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Monolith soft have supported them since the GC so not a surprise
Bayonetta was cool but not a system seller and we have no real details on 2 yet
Did you ever have a gold sub? Seeing as its main feature is online play which you don't like.

The Wonderful 101 looks like a lot of games you can get for £15 or less on XBLA and PSN. It looks fun but full price? Not for me.
Only game I'm disappointed about is Rayman but I've still got to finish last years so I'm ok and seeing as Ubi have already said ZombieU will probably go multiplatform at some point Rayman might as well.

And looking at user comments, reception for this is still very lukewarm. But hell you thought Nintendo's E3 was awesome so no point in arguing. [ All shows were wank this year ]

Its also funny when people use the fanboy/dedicated[same thing] comment on someone whos owned A megadrive, nes, snes, Saturn, PS1,2 and 3, PSP, DS, Gameboy, Gamecube, N64, Dreamcast and Wii as well as an XBox and XBox 360. I like games but sadly i feel ive out grown Nintendo.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:59 pm

This time is different however I keep reading comments that they are now sold. There is always the idiots who say it's just a Wii with a new controller or not as powerful as Xbox 360. These are idiots. They did reveal some big things. PG games is some of the best talent in the industry. Bayonetta 2 set the internet on fire with fuming rage and great excitement. Monolith is owned by Nintendo. Also Mistwalker is making a new game for it. Mistwalker will never make a game for Sony ever. Mistwalker got more incentives for developing on Nintendo systems and TLS is one of the best games and best RPG's this gen. The Wonderful 101 is like Pikmin meets viewtiful joe. I only recently played Pikmin and now see why the excitement. It's quite excellent. Rayman Legends is a huge deal. ZombiU is a remake of a game from ubisoft in the early 80's called Zombi. Nintendo snatched up rights to Monster Hunter yet again. Also it's cross platform. I can use controllers I already own on this? Great. I can play all my old wii games and transfer any VC game to Wii U! Wow Xbox nor PS3 has that. If Wii U was so bad Xbox & PS3 would not try and rip it off.
Also there is no growing out. That's an insecure argument. Hey my tastes changed as well a couple years ago I don;t fucking give a shit about Mario and not much for Zelda. But Wii had so much else to offer but people choose to be ignorant.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Rayman is not a huge deal. The game was great but it bombed at retail and only started selling [and indeed charting] once it was around 60%. Most people who bought it got it dirt cheap and not many will be rushing out to buy a Wii U for it.

And its not being ignorant just because most of the Wiis software was shit. Yeah it has some gems but its mostly shit.

Bluecast wrote: ^ Yes I know that vid and it's bad the self adoring crap.

Thank god Nintendo never do tha....Oh never mind.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSJuHDBueT0[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:15 pm

Sales doesn't change the fact they got a great game as an exclusive so yeah it's a big deal. See this is all I'm seeing. Nintendo needs more 3rd party games! Nintendo get's more. Meh didn't sell anyway or looks meh or FUCK YOU NINTENDO FOR TAKING OUR GAMES RAPING A DOLPHIN!

Also to those saying Baynonetta didn't sell amazing. SEGA is THE WORST at marketing games. They practically do nothing.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming