Wii U

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Wii U

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:38 am

His just butt hurt.

Ubisoft have said it costs less than 1M to port a 360/PS3 game to Wii U while thats good it could also mean that they will simply continue to use the older consoles as the lead ones and simply do a quick port with 1 or 2 little gimmicks chucked in for a few years.

And it could suffer when MS and Sonys new consoles come out, I doubt it will[atleast badly] but it might a little.

But other than that if these ports sell well at full price the publishers will be more than happy. Just hope they dont simply try and flood the Wii U with ports of games years old.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:09 am

Wii U getting a gimped version of Madden which won't have real-time physics and wont have Madden Ultimate Team. Word has it EA and Nintendo are having a few tiffs over the Wii U's online service. Maybe the reports of EA wanting them to use Origin for their service are true?

http://kotaku.com/5931895/gimped-madden ... h-nintendo

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... rigin.aspx
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 am

It's not gimped just not having the physics engine due to EA rushing development. Gee what a shocker. First 3DS Madden was rushed as well missing features.
Also if even true it's a good thing as many Developers would not want to support Wii U online if it had Origin.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:42 am

Its gimped compared to the 360 and PS3 version and Fifa 13 is more Fifa 12.5

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... ty-at-last

Other studios don't seem to be having issues porting their games over to Wii U and im guessing EA got their kits the same time as everyone else.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:32 pm

Gimped to me sounds like they can't add those features when really it's just being Lazy on EA's part.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:44 am

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/08/wii-u-box- ... rmed-real/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Confirmed this is the Wii U Games Boxart. I like having blue cases to go along with my Green ones from Xbox
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:53 am

Nintendo is facing an uphill battle to release its Wii U system before the new year arrives, sources connected to the matter have told CVG.

With just four months before the holiday season opens, people familiar with the situation claim that the Wii U release date will fall to early December across Europe, missing the November launch window initially intended.

Key to the issue is the manufacturing of the Wii U GamePad; a complex controller that features a 6.2 inch touchscreen display, a front-facing camera, motion-sensing and Near field communication technologies, its own power supply and the promise that the device will be completely wireless.

Nintendo has declined to comment.

In July, an executive at a major publishing firm working closely with Nintendo told CVG that a European release had at one stage looked likely to slip into 2013, though the platform holder has since assured that the 2012 deadline will be met.

The manufacturing issues - which are quite common for new console system launches - are believed to have hampered Nintendo's plans on announcing a Wii U launch date.

'Wii cannibalisation issues'

Piers-Harding Rolls, lead games analyst for IHS Screen Digest, has told CVG that Nintendo could achieve 4 million unit sales of the Wii U by the end of the current financial year (March 2013), but added that the situation depends "on launch price and timing".

"The big question is the extent of cannibalisation of Wii sales by the Wii U," he added.

"In general, my outlook is that Wii U console sales will not replicate the success of the Wii. Aside from more intense competition from various other connected devices, the Wii U second-screen dynamic is a more complex consumer proposition compared to the Wii and is much harder to market."

Launched in 2006, the Wii broke records as the fastest selling home console ever across the UK, Europe, Australia and Japan.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/36 ... e-sources/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:17 pm

The Wii U seems like a system with alot of potential that I will one day own. But based on previous experiences with other new consoles, I will not buy it at launch. I will resist the temptation hopefully.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 am

Wii U is a $400 XBox 360 7 years too late

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/15/ex ... ears-late/
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:22 am

Who Really Cares? wrote:Wii U is a $400 XBox 360 7 years too late

Did I miss the news about Wii U being $400.. or is this guy just blowing smoke?
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:27 am

Axm wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:Wii U is a $400 XBox 360 7 years too late

Did I miss the news about Wii U being $400.. or is this guy just blowing smoke?

I'm going to assume blowing smoke. I think he's just pissed which happens after a big game is released.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:04 am

Yeah price has not been confirmed yet but a few have the late xbox 360 feeling about it at the moment.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:42 am

I would be surprised if they charged more than $300 for it. The economy worsens while the 3DS pricing flop is still fresh in their minds. They'll be trying harder than ever to find the right reasonable price right out of the gate that does not require them to lower it a few months later. That and 360 like tech is older now than the wii was 6 years ago and that sold for $250. The only thing that I think has any genuine chance of driving up the price at this point is going to be their difficulty in efficiently mass producing the controller.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:49 am

I on the other hand doubt it'll be more than $300. I dont think they can afford to alienate their core user base, children with middle/working class parents. What parent in their right mind would want to throw down even $300 plus tax, extra controller and $50-60 game. $400 out the door for a Wii/360 hybrid isnt worth it to anyone but the core Nintendo gamer minority.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming