Biohazard

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:47 am

Sucks to be a PS3 owner, huh?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:53 am

The PS3 demo will show up alongside the Capcom PSN store. Betting Ends!!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby My Best Day is Gone » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Spence wrote:Sucks to be a PS3 owner, huh?

sucks to be a console owner, huh... us PC users may get it later but bet your ass it has more content! :lol:
My Best Day is Gone
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TheEdge » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:27 pm

I hope it comes out on the PC. I just got a new video card and I'm dying to try it out on some of the next-gen games.

Also why buy any more consoles if you can just get a good PC?
TheEdge
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Bluecast » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Capcom keeps pissing off Mikami.
He swore to leave capcom if they ported RE4 from cube to PS2 they did anyway so now that he has since left and be part of PG games he came out and said he refuses to play RE5 as this is not the way he wanted the series to go with RE5 and would have done it different...he esp is not fond of the daylight setting.

That man is holding a serious sour grape grudge.

Hope he eventually starts a brand new horror IP with Platinum games.
Maybe after Bayonetta(just DMC5 with a chick) Infinite space and Madworld are released.

@My best day is gone.
I hate PC gaming,rare i make exceptions but I always will prefer a console.
More genres,More IP's no having to change my video card every 6 months or worry about compatibility issues and hate keyboards and even when using a controller for a PC I want to sit back and relax and not a foot away from the monitor.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby wude » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:24 pm

TheEdge wrote:I hope it comes out on the PC. I just got a new video card and I'm dying to try it out on some of the next-gen games.

Also why buy any more consoles if you can just get a good PC?

yeah that's true, but new video cards are pretty expensives,and sometimes you have to change the motherboard itself.
wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: m.a.m.e

Postby TheEdge » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:19 pm

^ Very true, I forgot about that.

PC's can be money pits.
TheEdge
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Only Child » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:00 pm

Ryudo· wrote: he came out and said he refuses to play RE5 as this is not the way he wanted the series to go with RE5 and would have done it different...he esp is not fond of the daylight setting.

No way, I didn't know that. Did he ever mention how he did envisage the rest of the series going?
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TheEdge » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:07 pm

Only Child wrote:
Ryudo· wrote: he came out and said he refuses to play RE5 as this is not the way he wanted the series to go with RE5 and would have done it different...he esp is not fond of the daylight setting.

No way, I didn't know that. Did he ever mention how he did envisage the rest of the series going?

Sounds like a prima donna to me.

Lets hope it doesnt suck too bad.
TheEdge
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:32 pm

He said he won't be playing RE5. I'm guessing he's had a few hiccups with the guys up stairs, which is the real reason he left Capcom, not just because RE4 went to the PS2 (which was the final straw). He supposedly said not so long ago that the series should evolve again if it's not going to go stale and I agree with him, there's only so much over the shoulder shooting you can do until it gets boring. RE4 set the trend for every other game to copy over and over (Gears Of War, Mass Effect, Dead Space; the only good three third person shooter games to implement this well, as for the rest of them; [insert generic POS over the shoulder shooter here] I've honestly had enough of them now).

Mikami is currently working on a horror game with Suda 51 and EA actually. Should be very interesting to see those creative minds brought together (since EA have gotten be rather fucking good lately).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby TheEdge » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:45 pm

you think he wanted to go back to a traditional Resident Evil like the remake for gamecube?
TheEdge
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Who knows what he wanted? Maybe we shall see what he would have done with the new horror game he is currently making? Maybe he wanted to take the RE series on a more frightening approach like the prototypes of RE4 were showing (subbed RE3.5 by the fanbase), you know, with all the supernatural elements and whatnot. Mikami is definitely missed by the development team at Capcom (even though they seem to be doing just fine without him, he was the creator of it all and all).

Btw, anyone tried the RE5 demo yet?
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Spence wrote:Who knows what he wanted? Maybe we shall see what he would have done with the new horror game he is currently making? Maybe he wanted to take the RE series on a more frightening approach like the prototypes of RE4 were showing (subbed RE3.5 by the fanbase), you know, with all the supernatural elements and whatnot. Mikami is definitely missed by the development team at Capcom (even though they seem to be doing just fine without him, he was the creator of it all and all).

Btw, anyone tried the RE5 demo yet?

I have to wait for the PS3 demo but I've read impressions from 360 players. For one, being a Japanese demo there's less blood/gore, which doesn't sound too bad. Some problems were the controls feeling clunky, Sheva's AI not being so good and the action is slower and less frequent than Resi 4. By the way, where's my PS3 demo?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Martin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:55 pm

Hardly a surprise. In Resident Evil, where there is Chris, there is Wesker. To OL- I hated RE0 and thought that Billy was a fag.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming