Biohazard

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby Satoshi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:03 am

Awesome trailer. Looking better every time they show something new. =D
Satoshi
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby OL » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 am

Clint wrote:The game does need a change, I agree, but I would argue Silent Hill 2 is better than all the Resident Evil games. By a long stretch actually.

Definitely. I'd say Silent Hill 2 is my favorite Survival Horror game, followed by Siren.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby TheEdge » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 am

The resident evils keep getting better and better. I wonder what virus storyline they are going to use this time. I think it may be a continuation of the Plagas from RE4
TheEdge
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Resident Evil 5 cop-out

Postby OL » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:51 am

Okay, so there was that whole controversy about RE5 being "racist" since the game takes place in Africa and the enemies were all black people.
Big fucking deal. So what? If someone wants to kick up a fuss and whine about something that's obviously just been taken out of context, let 'em. While they're all whining about something so insignificant, we can all be enjoying the great game that RE5 will obviously be, right?
And while I'm sure the game will still turn out great, Capcom have gone made a disappointing choice for the game.
Look at this new gameplay video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36266.html?type=

Notice anything odd? Anything strange catch your eye?
Look at the enemies...
Tell me, how many black enemies did you see?
I spotted one
Now, I'm not the racist type, and it's not like I'm actively seeking out games that enable me to kill specifically black characters, but Capcom seem to have censored themselves in the most retarded way possible here.
The game is based in Africa. African people are, by and large, black people. The fact that they've changed that in the game, seemingly just because of a little bit of controversy, is extremely disappointing. Having the enemies be black people initially lent an air of authenticity to the previous trailers. It really looked and felt like it was Africa. This is an atmosphere issue.
I mean, if you were to make a game based in Antarctica, would you take all the snow out of the game and replace it with a sandy desert? No, of course not. That would kind of (slightly, maybe) diminish the fact that this is supposed to be Antarctica, wouldn't it?
The same goes for taking all of the black people out of a game based in Africa.
This has gotta be one of the most retarded examples of self-censoring that I've ever seen.
Capcom are a bunch of pussies.

Discuss.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby threeblades » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:10 am

I look forward to the day where companies will give the appropriate response to people with idiotic opinions (the appropriate response being "fuck off and don't buy it if you don't like it".)
threeblades
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:10 am

It's one part of the game. They can't all be black either, while they are few and far in between there are white africans. And who knows if they brought in alot of special units that turned into zombies as well.

But I see the reasoning. In RE4, virtually all the enemies were spaniards. It's unfair to change the lineup cause the dumbasses from the NAACP and the demented Jesse Jackson are sure to call a boycott and call all japanese people racist. I guess after the whole thing with Mass Effect and that one scene that had a blue ass and half a boob, Capcom didn't want similar controversy regarding shooting black people this time. But again, until I see more scenes, i'm just gonna assume its just that one part.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:38 am

So in re5 it's a white cop shooting a bunch of blacks moaning jibberish wanting to kill you.

Isn't that the projects or Compton everyday?

All bad jokes aside people need to shut up and stop being so sensitive.
If he were shooting people in the third world countries doubt any big fuss would be made.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby remote ctrl soul » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:06 am

Pretty stupid, people always find something to complain about.
remote ctrl soul
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Geppetto » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:55 am

This is ridiculous. It reminds me of how Spike Lee pissed and moaned about Clint Eastwood's movie, Flags of Our Fathers. Spike Lee said there wasn't any black people in the movie, to which Eastwood retorted that Lee should "Shut his face" and "that historically speaking, none of the soldiers who raised the flag were black, so it would of been inaccurate to place them in the movie."
Capcom should have told these people to shut their faces about this issue.

The funny thing is, that if initially all of the zombies were white, there would have been an uproar because there wouldn't of been enough black people in a game that is set in Africa.
Geppetto
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby threeblades » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:14 am

When I get this game, on the first play through I'll challenge myself to shoot as many blacks and as few whites as possible.
threeblades
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Clint » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:52 am

Pussies.

I was looking forward to shooting some black men aswell. White power KKK.

j/k
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Kenny » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:11 pm

threeblades wrote:When I get this game, on the first play through I'll challenge myself to shoot as many blacks and as few whites as possible.

LOL
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby ys » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Well, I've already mentioned this here and there. I think that this ridiculous as hell of course. And of course tv here also had to make a big deal about it. It was a given that they would concentrate on the fact that, and I quote : "A white muscular guy was hitting and killing those little negroes". The idiot guy repeated this a couple of times even and kind of ignored the fact that his own "negroe" sentence was kind of condescending in a way.

And they had carefully edited the clip so that he first thing we could see was Chris who starts to attack. They of course left out the part where the mob goes crazy and starts to attack him. Then they had some "gaming experts" who were totally incapable of explaining the game genre and why things were like they were...
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:17 am

Nah theres still a lot of blacks in the game and in the new trailer..maybe kind of clever by Capcom but from what i saw it was the [black] women seen fighting them the most this time.

So no i dont think they have turned pussy just used this trailer to show a wider range of things you will come up against.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby MiTT3NZ » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Dude, just imagine how I felt about the Nas album. It was supposed to be called Nigger, but was named Untitled because storechains such as Walmart wouldn't stock it, despite the fact that previous albums have had the word in their title (the most famous being 2pac's Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z., and Ol' Dirty Bastard's Nigga Please).

And it ain't even black people who give a fuck about it, it's the white executives who're scared shit that the Black Panthers will asassinate them, or summat. Just look at all the Muslim sensitivity in the UK. It's never Muslims that push for these policies, the government just bring them in out of nowhere 'just in case'. Idiots.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming