Biohazard

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Postby white lotus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:41 pm

Well, screw that. That was the only reason I was gonna get the game. For the controversy.
white lotus
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: I am a former gamer

Postby redline » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 pm

black zombies deserve equal rights
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Lets cut the bullshit and talk about the game. I want to dive in and say I am extremely disappointed with RE5 by the looks of things so far. I've watched all of the gameplay videos and trailers that have come from E3, and the rest that came afterwards. I just cannot bring myself to be excited about this game. At all.

The AI is piss poor (with only 8 months of development left), the enemies are parasites again by the look of things (ugh... I liked RE4 and all, but come on, can't we see a new virus that changes DNA again, like in the previous adventures), gameplay is ripped straight from RE4, heck, even the character animations, deaths and sound effects are all from RE4. Talk about lazy. Not to mention the voice acting and dialogue still sucking. Jesus. If it weren't for Shinji Mikami and RE4, the RE series would never have evolved from its tiresome tank controls of the past (I know the controls are the same, but the shift in camera perspective makes the gameplay feel a lot less clunky than it did before).

That's another thing, I love RE4 and all, but I want at least some originality when it comes to gameplay, it's like the developers just played through RE4 and tried their best to emulate everything from it.

Still, I can tell it's going to be a good game, but I can also say I feel that they could have done so much more. This is Capcom I'm talking about here. Shame. It seems like they've lost any inspiration when it comes to making any risks. What pisses me off about the whole thing is that they like to make it known that they're "evolving the series like 4 did". I don't see anything new. Poor performance Capcom. Lets hope those eight months change things around a lot more.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Capcom doesn't care about black people!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:The AI is piss poor (with only 8 months of development left), the enemies are parasites again by the look of things (ugh... I liked RE4 and all, but come on, can't we see a new virus that changes DNA again, like in the previous adventures), gameplay is ripped straight from RE4, heck, even the character animations, deaths and sound effects are all from RE4. Talk about lazy. Not to mention the voice acting and dialogue still sucking. Jesus. If it weren't for Shinji Mikami and RE4, the RE series would never have evolved from its tiresome tank controls of the past (I know the controls are the same, but the shift in camera perspective makes the gameplay feel a lot less clunky than it did before).

That's another thing, I love RE4 and all, but I want at least some originality when it comes to gameplay, it's like the developers just played through RE4 and tried their best to emulate everything from it.

Still, I can tell it's going to be a good game, but I can also say I feel that they could have done so much more. This is Capcom I'm talking about here. Shame. It seems like they've lost any inspiration when it comes to making any risks. What pisses me off about the whole thing is that they like to make it known that they're "evolving the series like 4 did". I don't see anything new. Poor performance Capcom. Lets hope those eight months change things around a lot more.

From an interview with Jun Takeuchi

It's possible that a lot of people who play Resident Evil 5 may not have played Resident Evil 4. But they might have played Gears of Wars or Call of Duty. Those are both games that I and our team really, really like. So don't be surprised if at the Tokyo Game Show, the controls are different. For now, we have the control set up for RE4. I'm not confirming or denying anything, but we like to surprise people.

http://kotaku.com/5025630/dont-be-surpr ... -surprises
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

RE5

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:32 pm

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Why is that a surprise?

He wasn't dead in RE1, Code Veronica, and RE4. I'd be surprised if they had Chris in the game WITHOUT Wesker.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Re: RE5

Postby TheEdge » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:16 pm

Bluecast wrote:http://ps3.ign.com/articles/929/929704p1.html

Wesker is coming back. :shock:

Of course he is but they never explained how he survived

When Alexia burned him in RE:Code Veronica before the fight scene between her and Chris Redfield.
TheEdge
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Re: RE5

Postby OL » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:36 pm

Bluecast wrote:http://ps3.ign.com/articles/929/929704p1.html

Wesker is coming back. :shock:

Old news, isn't it? I knew that already, at least.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:37 pm

He's superhuman, he can be split in two and still come back with minor stitches for the sequel.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

Postby Dallow » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:42 pm

Wesker? Back? He was in Umbrella Chronicles last year in scenes depicting events after CV and RE4. In fact, he's on the cover of Umbrella Chronicles.
Last edited by Dallow on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallow
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: CapnCnut
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2

Postby [mYLES] » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:45 pm

Niiiiiiiice... I love the RE series... They have really picked up!
[mYLES]
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Dallow wrote:Wesker? Back? He was in Umbrella Chronicles last year in scenes depitcting events after CV and RE4. In fact, he's on the cover of Umbrella Chronicles.

Did anyone actually buy that game?

I ignored it as a tacked in pack in game for a stupid peripheral.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dallow » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:55 pm

I have since traded in my Wii but Umbrella Chronicles wasn't too bad. It was a lot more scarier than any of the other RE games, barring the first two, of course.
Dallow
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

XBL: CapnCnut
Currently playing: Mass Effect 2

Postby Kenny » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:01 pm

I should probably sell mine and get a PS3.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming