Biohazard

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Resident Evil series

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Yeah, until some really solid proof arises I can't believe Capcom has penache anymore.

Still, if they actually give me the rumoured Darkstalkers sequel I will not make fun of them anymore.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Considering everybody seems to hate on the Resi Evil games, they're the only dev team I still care about at Capcom now. Revelations looks great to me. :dunno:

If Capcom had more faith in their Japan development teams, I'm sure we'd get more games that aren't just fighters and Resi Evil.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:51 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:Considering everybody seems to hate on the Resi Evil games, they're the only dev team I still care about at Capcom now. Revelations looks great to me. :dunno:

If Capcom had more faith in their Japan development teams, I'm sure we'd get more games that aren't just fighters and Resi Evil.

Revelations IS great. (well maybe its because I'm not a hardcore RE fan) but I've beaten it a few times over. Its got straight value and lots of replayablility.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Re: Resident Evil

Postby Bluecast » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:59 pm

We all expected Racoon City to not be good but anyone expect it to be a travesty?
Watching Giant Bomb quick look. This is a bad socom game with lame versions of zombies. Visually looks pretty average at best as well. Some of the textures are blurry and bad. Some things are low poly. The shooting looks bad. I mean control wise and aiming is bad. A crap load of ghosting. (characters and such merging) Animations look ok but kinda stiff at times. The zombie models repeat way to much. Like they only have 5 versions. Also is bad when sometimes when taking cover behind and object meant to take cover. ghosting of bullets can hit you anyway.

I have not checked biohaze but this is one of those games you don't need to play to see it's bad.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby rens of heavens » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:19 pm

I've been playing ORC for a week now and I like Four Eyes. The rest I dont really care about. You start off watching opening cut scenes and you have a Jango Fett sound alike giving you orders while lots of dots and random scenes play.

I thought we be going after RPD officers like Kevin Ryman from the Outbreak games which you dont do at all. The Spec Ops, I wish they were never made with their cheap auto aim lock on to you. Sure it was great to be taking down zombies again and using them as shields...but the game lacked everything that the Outbreak games offer. Who would not have wanted to revisit the Raccoon Zoo and Apple Inn again.

I also had fun online but the game is messing up with all kind glitches like walking outside the level, the camera getting stuck, doubles of the same characters and not being able to shoot or use a frist aid spray in some matches.
rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:44 am

New, so-so, all cgi RE6 trailer featuring Leon vs Chris, Ada gone wild, Sherry, the C virus, Wesker Jr, bad voice acting and a VHS:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRN0vmMNy0c[/youtube]
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Tuffty » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Of all the info that trailer gives, only one thing had truly surprised me.

Wesker was straight?
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:28 pm

Nah, jr is probably bio engineered or a clone of some sort.
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:56 pm

I liked it. Still looking forward to the game.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:46 pm

That trailer was really enjoyable.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Deta » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Looks worth waiting. \:D/
Deta
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby mue 26 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:13 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... or-returns

Hmm, I wouldn't have said "true horror returns", personally. Don't get me wrong, it looks like it should be a good game, but it looks and sounds like a new Uncharted game. I highly doubt it will have any "true horror" or the tension that it's survival horror predecessors were famous for.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Sherry? Woah. Fifteen years in the making...maybe seeing what happened to Steve Burnside, HUNK, Barry Burton, Rebecca Chambers, Nicholai and Billy Coen isn't so ridiculous anymore, after all. =D>
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Some people would say we're trying to recreate Resident Evil 1, but that wouldn't be accurate - Resident Evil had its own sense of horror. This feels more like the horror you're used to in the original, but we're taking it in a new direction. We're making sure there are horror elements in all the character's stories.

They're side stepping in that article. They're saying its a new horror direction, but is not like how it was in Resident Evil 1...because Resident Evil always had a different style of horror to it...but it feels like the horror style from the original game...and they're making sure the horror elements are there.

It's like they want to continue the same format from 4 & 5 but are trying to diffuse the older fanbase from getting too angry. I don't really care anymore. The trailer was enjoyable but it was all cutscenes. Reading it, it's nice they're going back to the Virus theme again and how they're gonna make enemies regenerate but i'm not itching to play it. Son of Wesker is the only thing i'm not sure about. Why not a new villian that's not related to the old villian? Eh, whatever.

The only thing that would really make me interested now is if they put Chris, Claire, Leon, and Jill (maybe more like Rebecca and HUNK) in the same city and intertwine their stories together. So far its only Chris and Leon confirmed.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:05 pm

^And Ada is back.
Sherry, Leon + Ada, the only missing component there is Claire (and HUNK) and it'd be like a RE2 reunion.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming