Biohazard

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Resident Evil

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:11 pm

^That's pretty awesome. Had to look up Sherry Birkin. No idea she was the little girl Claire was protecting in RE2, so that's pretty cool.

At very best, it's just going to be a rental. I was thinking of renting that Operation Raccoon City game but I found it had co-op, so i'm holding off playing it. Haven't been hearing too many good things about it though. Even reading a couple of posts here.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:47 pm

To be fair, Operation Raccoon City was outsourced to some mediocre dudebro developer, Slant Six. It's glitched up the ass and has like ZERO story (not even exaggerating about it). I played it at a friend's house who was renting it, going through co-op and it really sucked (PS3 version, in case you're curious, no idea if the 360 version is as broken). Pretty sure they haven't even patched it up either... Definitely rent that, do not buy.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 pm

looks fun, Just hope they focus on using a lot more zombies and throw in some puzzles.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:09 pm

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:looks fun, Just hope they focus on using a lot more zombies and throw in some puzzles.

More action focused
Survival horror is nearly dead
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:To be fair, Operation Raccoon City was outsourced to some mediocre dudebro developer, Slant Six. It's glitched up the ass and has like ZERO story (not even exaggerating about it). I played it at a friend's house who was renting it, going through co-op and it really sucked (PS3 version, in case you're curious, no idea if the 360 version is as broken). Pretty sure they haven't even patched it up either... Definitely rent that, do not buy.

Oh man, doesn't sound very appealing anymore. :lol:

RE5 was by all means a polished game but I didn't enjoy it as an experience when I played co-op. ORC sounds like a tour de hell.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:15 pm

^^Were you just playing RE5 online with someone random, or with a friend right next to you?
The co-op was pretty much what made it great for me. Definitely one of those "better with a friend" kinds of games.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm

OL wrote:^^Were you just playing RE5 online with someone random, or with a friend right next to you?
The co-op was pretty much what made it great for me. Definitely one of those "better with a friend" kinds of games.

I played it with a friend next to me. Best multiplayer experience I've had in a long time. Hopefully RE6 has the same. I've always enjoyed mercenaries, especially in nemesis, yet playing with a friend adds another aspect which makes it so fun.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Bluecast » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Bring back true horror games. Singe player. Less action more puzzles. More atmosphere.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Gaming goes in cycles, like anything else. Horror was huge for a while back in the day. It'll have its time again.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 am

Yet horror films are still horror films. Not Bruce willis saying yippee boo ky yay motherfucker...or punching boulders doing a Dogi impression
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:10 am

It's all about definitions. Some people actually wouldn't consider current horror films to be true horror, just the same as it is with games.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:04 am

There's also news that the release date has actually been pushed up a month, so it's out in October now. There's also news of the Premium Edition for your consideration. Now get this. The Premium Edition includes a copy of the game (either PS3 or Xbox 360), a set of four tablet case covers (one for Chris, Leon, Jake aka Wesker Jr., and a secret one), and Leon Kennedy’s leather jacket. Not as some alternate costume. Not as something for your avatar to wear. The actual leather jacket for you to wear.

To get all that will only cost you oh, 105,000 yen. That's $1300. Or £817. It's the most expensive special edition for a game of all time, higher than Steel Batallion. I'm all for special editions with stuff like t-shirts, posters, soundtracks all that good stuff, rather than in game weapons that are way overpowered for you to use at that stage, breaking a game's balance. But I do believe I'll pass on this one. :lol:
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:48 am

Jacket to be worn by 300 pound fat guys at cosplay thinking they look good and continue to give cosplay the bad rep
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 am

Is cosplay supposed to have a good rep? :-s
It's always seemed pretty dumb to me, no matter who's doing it.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby rens of heavens » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 am

I want that Jacket and I could petend to be Leon! Yes I just watch that new trailer and I'm not impress that Ada Wong is the big bad. I thought why Ada? Why not go for HUNK, Nicholai and the very much unknown Christine Henry. Leon did say in Degeneration that ex Umbrella people were still selling off virus samples to buyers worldwide. I hate to think that halfway through RE 6, we read a file stating that they all in a stupid BSAA prison or dead which would destory all the last chances Umbrella will every return.

Also Wesker having a son plotpoint, kinda a wasted chance there. Why? You see that Albert could of had the secret son with Annette Birkin. Would made more sense.
rens of heavens
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming