Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:56 am

Sonikku wrote: I could understand it better if Sony passed some of those savings onto the consumer, but such a thing could not be further from the truth. :P

Not strictly true. Retail and post-order stores in the UK have the models as cheap as £158 for the new model. Discounts also applied on older Slim models to clear the stock..

Bane: Let the games begin!
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Anybody else interested in the new XCOM game?

(probably not, I'm guessing)

It looks good but i know i wont get around to playing it any time soon.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby lavrentis » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Thought I'd try Virtua Striker 2 for DC. Now I want to kill myself
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spokane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Just like your avatar.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Luvly KM » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 pm

IM GETTING INTO THIS HIND NOW
Luvly KM
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:56 pm

Got XCOM today. It won't be a lot of people here's cup of tea, 'cos it is a bit of a weird one, being an action game that's turn based, but from the bit I've played, my Christ it's got some depth to it. So many possibilities to completing the objectives. You have to manage the base too, and even though I've been kinda conservative and tried to keep all the nations happy, in a few strokes things have changed, and the difficulty has ramped, in a proper sadistic manner, up from "just gaining confidence"-suitable, into a "What the fuck am I meant to do here?" nightmare. I'll probably eventually swear at it, but it's one of those rewarding games where the anger is kept in check, 'cos there is absolutely no illusion that it was anyone else's fault but my own. Of course, that's true of pretty much all games, but hey...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Sounds like something I would like. Thanks for opening my eyes to it SEF.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Tuffty » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 am

XCOM sounds like a cool game. Sounds very daunting though. But then I said the same about Dark Souls and absolutely love that game.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:09 am

Halo 4 already leaked :lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:56 am

Try the XCOM demo guys. It's fairly big for the tiny amount of play it has (1.5Gigs for two levels! :shock:), but it's the two levels that form the main part of the excellent tutorial that's also in the full game. It has a lot to teach you, but it does it efficiently, fluently and intuitively, so even I (and I kinda suck at games TBH!) was able to get to grips with it pretty much straight away. Or so I thought, until it rocketed up in the hardness stakes last night. A good analogy for it is Chess. It's like playing against someone way better than yourself, there's a lot for you to keep an eye on and pay attention to, at first you think you're managing it all pretty well, but within a few deft moves, they're suddenly capable of tearing you a new one. It doesn't help that I've been OCD-ing it through so far though, getting top marks in everything, 'cos unlike chess, XCOM does allow you to lose a few times but still progress through the game. Not seen a "Game Over" screen yet, so I'm guessing the brutality will subside after a while and I'll be able to rebuild and mount a fightback at some point. Looking forward to finding out, but for now, losing really hurts. :-(
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:34 am

FUUUUUUUU

look what I ahve stumbled upon on amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/Arcadia-Fabric-Sc ... _sbs_op_10
http://www.amazon.com/Shenmue-Fabric-Sc ... r+online+2
http://www.amazon.com/Arcadia-Fabric-Sc ... d_sbs_op_5
http://www.amazon.com/Arcadia-Fabric-Sc ... d_sbs_op_3

omg they have so many skies of arcadia ones... and all I was trying to do was see if amazon has PSO2 listed yet and came up on these ;____;
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:19 pm

For some reason I've always thought wall scrolls look kinda tacky and cheap. Most of them are just third-party-manufactured anyway, using whatever resources they can scrounge up on the internet.
I much prefer actual promo posters, set up in frames.

OL has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:56 pm

I guess the manufacturers figure most people arent dedicated enough to buy a poster and frame it, and a wall scroll is a better alternative so you dont have to punch holes in it with tacts, or put tape on it to keep it up there. Where with a wallscroll is has either a string or little latches that it hanges on so it doesnt damage the picture itself. If money was no object, then sure frame as much shit as you want. I own atleast 20+ wall scrolls and even more posters, I have more of them than can actually fit in any one room lol
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby QWERTY » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Do you guys actually have game posters on your walls? I can understand having shit like that up when you're in your early teens but now? I don't even have band/artist posters up anymore as it just feels a bit juvenile, y'know? I'm not knocking your interests or anything, I just felt when I got to a certain age that I felt obliged to dress my walls with things that weren't so childish. As I said, I'm not trying to get a ruse or anything, I'm honestly interested as to how you think it's "cool" to have that kinda stuff on your walls.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Dorian » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 pm

There's nothing juvenile in posters per se. It all depends on the poster. Nicely framed poster with good art can be charming no matter what you're fucking age is. Not to mention the fact that I always find it lame when people try to show they're grown ups.

Dorian has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming