Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 am

:lol:

I'm on Night 6 stage 3 and its a bitch.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby KiBa » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:05 am

Game looks good, but I don't have a console anymore.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Tuffty » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:44 am

I can't fucking stand VF5:FS players who use Wolf or Jeffrey to use that cheap ass throw for an easy ring out. It pisses me right the fuck off. And when a player wins a round because of it, and I get demoted as a result? Well that's just the worst. I'm not an angry person by any means, but players like that deserve some hate messages for that. So fucking annoyed.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:54 am

Tuffty wrote: I can't fucking stand VF5:FS players who use Wolf or Jeffrey to use that cheap ass throw for an easy ring out. It pisses me right the fuck off. And when a player wins a round because of it, and I get demoted as a result? Well that's just the worst. I'm not an angry person by any means, but players like that deserve some hate messages for that. So fucking annoyed.

[wayback]Did you almost punch a pillow in frustration? ;-) [/wayback]

St. Elmo's Fire has received a thanks from: Tuffty
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Tuffty wrote: I can't fucking stand VF5:FS players who use Wolf or Jeffrey to use that cheap ass throw for an easy ring out.

lulwut? That's the least of VF5FS balance issues. Obviously, if you know they can RO you, then just input the right TE. VF5FS actually has some broken stuff that cannot be avoided. Sarah's infamous frame whoring, for example. A total nightmare no matter what you do.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Top 10 Most Pirated Games

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-TcSZuh_l8[/youtube]
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Tuffty » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:55 pm

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: [wayback]Did you almost punch a pillow in frustration? ;-) [/wayback]

Oh wow that's going wayback indeed haha! :lol:

Dorian wrote:lulwut? That's the least of VF5FS balance issues. Obviously, if you know they can RO you, then just input the right TE.

Yeh easy thing to say until you're actually in the match. Well whatever, throw escaping is the worst part of my game anyway, I'm aware of that.

Jacky and Pai are the worst to fight against for me. Pai's combos are practically endless and impossible for me to predict. And they're just impossible for me to land hits on. Seriously, anytime I try to land a punch, a basic P command, their's is always faster. Always.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Tuffty wrote:Yeh easy thing to say until you're actually in the match. Well whatever, throw escaping is the worst part of my game anyway, I'm aware of that.

TEs are annoying in VF5FS because there's no MTE amymore, but you're talking about the same throws used all over again. It's a basic thing to TE such lame RO attempts. Just like no pro will get fooled into my lovely ten-foot drop because he always TEs with the right direction when playing against Kage.

Tuffty wrote:Jacky and Pai are the worst to fight against for me. Pai's combos are practically endless and impossible for me to predict.

Jacky, Akira, Sarah and Taka-Arashi are insane in FS. Those chars are too good even for the top tiers. It's pretty much broken. Akira is actually so fucked up in FS that he has been one of the main reasons why the arcade version of FS went down the radar in Japan. It's a myth that FS was successful. Many arcades actually didn't want the machine for FS. The hardcore JPN players were put down by the new mechanics full of extremely abusable holes. Fuudo himself hates FS despite being its top player (he's just doing it for the tourney and marketing money).

Anyway, Pai's also a bitch, but she's nowhere near the 'god tiers'.

Sounds like you're too worried about that meaningful rank of yours. Make a room and ask for good players from VFDC to have proper matches, instead of sitting in the spam cave of ranked matches.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:07 pm

It's true, I'm more hung up on the rank than I should be. I guess I should just not worry too much. Part of the reason why I was so pissed was that it took me long enough to get from Defender to Sentinel. And then I just get demoted after a handful of matches thanks to..well..those cheap ass throws and my lack of strategy when it comes to Jacky/Pai/Akira players. When I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen anyone use Kage or Brad in online play.

The frustrations continue to mount after my session with Dark Souls. Discovered a new area and made some progress until I had intentionally dropped down to a new floor, only to be glitched inbetween tree branches meaning I was stuck. And more than that, 3 Basilisks surrounded me and cursed me. For those who don't know, being cursed means you only have half your total HP and the only way you can bring it back is through a special, one use item that costs 6000 souls. I had to navigate my way out of the bottom of Blighttown (notorious for it's ability to completely fuck with you in every way possible), and it took me more than 50 mins to get out of there and then farm enough souls for the item, dying many times over. Then of course I had to traverse my way back to the bottom. So basically, more than an hour spent on going back to square fucking one. No levelling up, no reinforcing weapons or armor, literally no progress.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Tuffty wrote:So basically, more than an hour spent on going back to square fucking one. No levelling up, no reinforcing weapons or armor, literally no progress.

OK, now think about the people who were making master ninja no save run in NGB...
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Me and Yama's friend Jacko once tried doing a no save run of Resident Evil 0 after spending an hour letting Rebecca get mutilated. At the end of the game, in one of the halls with those toads that grab the player he got caught as Billy, and instead of Rebecca releasing him like she had throughout the rest of the game, she just sat and watched it pull him in until it devoured him. That was a whole days work gone.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Me and Yama's friend Jacko once tried doing a no save run of Resident Evil 0 after spending an hour letting Rebecca get mutilated. At the end of the game, in one of the halls with those toads that grab the player he got caught as Billy, and instead of Rebecca releasing him like she had throughout the rest of the game, she just sat and watched it pull him in until it devoured him. That was a whole days work gone.

Funny you should say that... I had a similar RE0 problem. I wasn't doing no save run per se, but I got in a shitty spot on hard at the goddamn end and had to start all over again. It also cost me a whole day's work.

I'm too old for no save runs. Too much frustration if something goes wrong. I'm practically a fossil now. I need to cherish every day. You never know when the life support will be cut down.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: Me and Yama's friend Jacko once tried doing a no save run of Resident Evil 0 after spending an hour letting Rebecca get mutilated. At the end of the game, in one of the halls with those toads that grab the player he got caught as Billy, and instead of Rebecca releasing him like she had throughout the rest of the game, she just sat and watched it pull him in until it devoured him. That was a whole days work gone.

Christ I have not done a no save run since I was maybe close to your age. Thanks for making me feel old!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Kenny » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:12 pm

That's a total bitch, I feel for ya. I used to attempt No Save runs as well especially in RE0 with the leech finding game. Problem is, everytime we got close to getting them all...the Gamecube would freeze. It always had this defect that made the disc reader fuck up. I've been meaning to try it again on the Wii but never got around to it.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Thief » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Anybody here who plays VF5:FS good? I just started playing it, kind of, and I'm pretty bad at the moment. I don't exactly have the time/patience to practice too often but it's fun nonetheless. I play as Lau Chan... or at least I attempt to.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming