Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Sonikku » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:13 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/zone-of-the-end ... w-6399365/

uh oh... Everyone clear the room before OL sees this. :shock:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spokane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:25 pm

So it was towards the top of my wishlist now its a candidate for the bottom of it or even off it now.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:28 pm

Spokane wrote: So it was towards the top of my wishlist now its a candidate for the bottom of it or even off it now.

That reviewer is an idiot
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Spokane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:33 pm

Uhhh, bugs that freeze the game. That's a deal breaker. Unless they can patch it but I have never seen an HD compialtion with a patch before.

It sounds to be a poor effort. Even an idiot can be truthful at times.

I still will see what OL has to say about his experience, that will be how I base my decision to get it or not.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Sonikku » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Spokane wrote: So it was towards the top of my wishlist now its a candidate for the bottom of it or even off it now.

That reviewer is an idiot

Taking issue with bugs and slow down that weren't present in the PS2 originals seems like a semi-valid complaint, isn't it?

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Who Really Cares?
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Kenny » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:49 pm

No, the world is black and white.

ZoE is completely flawless, so everyone else is an idiot for saying otherwise.

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL, St. Elmo's Fire
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Axm » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Ive been playing it and have had no crashes, bugs or unaccetable detrimental slow down. It has been abit chuggy at times but not something to cry about.

What I would rather talk about is the MG Rising demo.. need to play it further to reach a final opinion.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:55 am

This may shock a couple people. While I like the physical design of the Wii and esp like the black one. It's a solid made system. Love so many games on the system. I may sound like I contradict myself and I do that often. I always been a gadget guy. I like tech. I like it a lot. So as a gadget the Wii is a boring piece. As a gaming machine I love it. My 360 I love as a gaming machine. As a gadget it's just ok. My PS3 as a gaming machine. Love it. Asa gadget I LOVE IT! I got rid of my DVD player because of it. I also been watching videos from my PC on it. DS had a large library and the most varied. Yet PSP was my fave. True it had Ys. It also felt like a cool gadget and a cool device. Yes the cool factor gets me. I can be shallow. I love the PSP. Now I have the 3DS. Great gaming device. Visuals are very nice. Pretty much a pocket Gamecube. DS 3D games bothered me next to PSP. Not that it took away from the fun. 3DS I don't feel that way next to the Vita. Yes the Vita is as to the PS3 as PSP was to PS2. Very powerful and leaves everything else in the dust in the portable market. Still 3DS can have sharp good looking games.(even with that low rez screen) That said my god I have a tech boner for Vita. Amazing kit. May as well be a 5 inch gaming tablet.Mind blowing screen. So sexy.

These days I am acting more like I did in 1999 when I was hyped for DC. I fall in the pretty tech hype. Yes I still go where the games are. I still just love pretty things that do many things. So I sometimes turn my Vita on just to mess around. I'm a sucker. :oops:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby KiBa » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:32 am

Ryudo wrote:
KiBa wrote: "Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night, nor the winds of change, nor a nation challenged, will stay us from the swift completion of our appointed rounds. Ever."

- U.S. Postal Service

What about UPS?

They're brown.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby OL » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 am

Spokane wrote: Uhhh, bugs that freeze the game. That's a deal breaker. Unless they can patch it but I have never seen an HD compialtion with a patch before.

The reviewer isn't an idiot (well, aside from the ridiculous 5.5 score; that is idiotic, considering the only real complaint he has about the whole thing is a bit of frame-loss, all the while saying how great the gameplay is), but he probably should have been a little more clear about what he was talking about in each paragraph.
When he mentioned freezes and game-breaking bugs, he wasn't talking about the Zone of the Enders games; he was talking about the MGR: Revengeance demo.
So no, the ZOE collection doesn't suffer from those kinds of crashes (at least nothing common, from what I can tell).

I haven't spent a ton of time with it yet (only just got it in the mail a couple days ago, and I'm still working on AC3), but from what I have played, the HD conversions are really good. That reviewer mentions the framerate problems as if they actually cause the game to chug, but I haven't experienced that so far. The framerate drops a bit here and there, but that doesn't necessarily mean it slows down. The speed is pretty consistent, it just isn't quite as silky-smooth as one would normally hope. The games are both still beautiful (I was actually surprised by how well it holds up in some spots), and they still feel great to play.
The upped resolution is absolutely worth a tiny bit of frame-loss.

The only disappointment I have with it is the fact that they still didn't bother to improve the right analog stick functionality. Just as with the originals, neither game has an option to invert Y-axis (would have been an incredibly easy tweak to make). The games are still a joy to play, but every time I replay the ZOE games I have to re-acquaint myself with "normal" camera control again, which always takes a while.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Tuffty » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:32 am

Apparently Medal Of Honor : Warfighter didn't even total 30,000 people playing this on Saturday 5pm GMT globally on all 3 formats combined.The biggest figure was 10,900 on PS3.

Maybe it's because of gamers wanting to save up for the vastly more popular Halo 4 or Black Ops 2, but I do hope that instead, a message has been sent. But I doubt it will be received.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Sonikku » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:52 am

Warfighter didn't necessarily get glowing reviews, which likely did not help matters.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby QWERTY » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:11 am

Gameplay wise, ZoE is pretty shit tbh. I love the actual story, characters and general feel of the game but it isn't flawless. I'm guessing a lot of people who adore it completely gloss over that fact but it definitely has it's downers.

But hey, what do I know?
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 am

QWERTY™ wrote:But hey, what do I know?

NOTHING!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317