Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:00 pm

south carmain wrote:I heard stalker was a good game, I like civilisation which is a pretty fun franchise as well, if it's powerful enough then go to emuparadise.me download a ps2 emu and you have an instant collection of great games that are extremely rare to find or weren't released in Europe

I've got a PS2 if I want to play PS2 games. The only reason I'm emulating these other games is because there is no way to get the games without paying crazy money and even then Konami gets nothing.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby south carmain » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
south carmain wrote:I heard stalker was a good game, I like civilisation which is a pretty fun franchise as well, if it's powerful enough then go to emuparadise.me download a ps2 emu and you have an instant collection of great games that are extremely rare to find or weren't released in Europe

I've got a PS2 if I want to play PS2 games. The only reason I'm emulating these other games is because there is no way to get the games without paying crazy money and even then Konami gets nothing.

well the emu allows you to play in HD and you can get a lot of games that are in the same situation as snatcher and policenauts
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Riku Rose wrote:I bought a quality laptop a few months ago and now have a 360 controller connected. Being able to hook it up to my TV has made me want to go back and check out some old PC exclusive games I never got around to.

I'm playing Snatcher and Policenauts right now but anyone got any other recommendations that aren't Sims, Diablo or Starcraft? Looking at stuff like Hitman and Dreamfall.

Hit up GOG.com and see if anything interests you. Its hard because theres so much its hard to say any one thing, but theres a lot of stuff that never made it to europe on psx and ps3 and quite a few good PC only games a good chunk of which are playable with xpadder and even have specific profiles for certain games.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Neo Matrix » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:30 pm

My thoughts over the last few hours wrote:Why am I posting on here when Sleeping Dogs is sitting there waiting for me?
Yep, that's it...
Neo Matrix
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Zeokage
XBL: Zeokage
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Naruto: UNS Generations

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:10 am

See a brand new Wii for about £70. Thought about buying it and just selling it unopened in 10 years.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Does anyone know the correct size screwdriver I need to take apart a ps3 controller?Someone told me a phillips #1 would do the job but I just want to make sure I get the correct size.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Riku Rose wrote:See a brand new Wii for about £70. Thought about buying it and just selling it unopened in 10 years.

You could afford it. The issue is will it be worth anymore in 10 years?
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Spokane wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:See a brand new Wii for about £70. Thought about buying it and just selling it unopened in 10 years.

You could afford it. The issue is will it be worth anymore in 10 years?

I doubt any of them will. Look at Xbox/PS2 now in the same stretch of time; worthless.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:51 pm

Exactly, unless its a special edition but the one he was looking at wasn't.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:55 pm

Yeah man, special edition or bust. One time I almost bought that Japanese Dreamcast with the Sega president on it. Think it was almost £300.

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:Does anyone know the correct size screwdriver I need to take apart a ps3 controller?Someone told me a phillips #1 would do the job but I just want to make sure I get the correct size.

Go with your gut. To be honest from what Dorian has told me the screws are so fickle you'd only really get one chance to take it apart. Or if you're like me and know you won't be using it again, just smash it apart..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:Yeah man, special edition or bust. One time I almost bought that Japanese Dreamcast with the Sega president on it. Think it was almost £300.

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:Does anyone know the correct size screwdriver I need to take apart a ps3 controller?Someone told me a phillips #1 would do the job but I just want to make sure I get the correct size.

Go with your gut. To be honest from what Dorian has told me the screws are so fickle you'd only really get one chance to take it apart. Or if you're like me and know you won't be using it again, just smash it apart..

Might as well,don't have anything to lose...well I hope.The controller itself works but the analog sticks got stuck at certain places.Hope nothings wrong,controllers are fucking expensive.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Have you not tried pulling them out and clicking them back in place? One of the analogs on what I called my 'WipEout pad' actually went limp from when I dropped it. At the time it was my only Sixaxis and I didn't want to wear down my Dualshocks from twisting them..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Yeah I tried that.I managed to get quite a bit of dirt from the part that holds them in place.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:24 pm

I know they get handled allot but how can your controllers get so bad? As a favour, I gave a new controller I had as a spare to a friend in exchange for two old DS3's and they were filthy. Mine are kept in a draw when I don't use them..

I think the worst condition controllers I've ever had were old Xbox S controllers with a worn out right analog stick from playing too much Unreal Championship.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:39 pm

I really have no idea.I use a grip on mine so I only found the most dirt from the analogs as it's the only spot that's not really covered.The shell itself is a pain to put back together,still trying right now.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming