Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:49 pm

Ryudo wrote:if a disc breaks or cart stops working I go online or to a store and replace it. New or used. Maybe a higher price for new but at least it exists. That DD game is gone for good on that lost system memory.

Valid point, but it would still have to be a physical problem, thus making it physical media. No red tape is stopping you from playing the game, the fact that it broke physically.

Dorian wrote:I can't agree that the probability of a console going dead is equal to the probability of a game disc/cart going dead.

Depends on the format and on the console. PSX games (for example SaGa Forntier) can actually break from normal use after a few years, while PS3 Blu rays are almost impossible to freaking break. A Jaguar CD was most likely produced broken, but a gamecube could likely survive a nuclear strike. I have a 20 year old gameboy that works, with a few carts that don't (yea I'm lookin at you Pokemon silver)

and to my credit that was a really bad power issue, you should have seen my apartment, thankfully I hadn't moved any games in yet, plus that little experience almost destroyed a few of my fire emblem games.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:51 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCLOxK6FpfA[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmfVbzUmhNw[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby KiBa » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:52 pm

Irrelevant. Anything can be reproduced.

We have the right to own what we buy, no matter what anyone says. So just be sure to backup everything. You can make images of any hard drive, extract game data and crack the executables to ensure play without invasive internet security connections. One way or another, every game will be digitally copied by a pirate somewhere, will be cracked, and then will become infinitely replicable, and therefore playable again. If they destroy the medium, people will port the games or emulate them. There will even be alternative open internets if the main old networks become too hot and restricted. There already are alternatives starting up around the world. There is nothing that can stop the proliferation of information now. Once people have a new technology, especially such radically transformative technologies as global information networks, restricting it is simply impossible.

Liberty will always prevail because there are always more people smarter than those stupid enough to want power.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:59 pm

Ryudo wrote:*Awesome Vids I'm going to show Jak later*

I hope Tits sells well in europe, its going to be a while till we get 2 (considering its more then likely the longest RPG ever made, and makes the three Xenogears games look like shadow of the colossus when it comes to length and detail)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Dorian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:01 pm

PSX games are just disc games. They won't get broken if you use them wisely. I had only one PSX disc break, but it was due to a very unlucky situation that made the PSX laser mechanism going crazy and scratching the disc. Too bad it was... Vagrant Story. ](*,)
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:02 pm

KiBa wrote:Irrelevant. Anything can be reproduced.

We have the right to own what we buy, no matter what anyone says. So just be sure to backup everything. You can make images of any hard drive, extract game data and crack the executables to ensure play without invasive internet security connections. One way or another, every game will be digitally copied by a pirate somewhere, will be cracked, and then will become infinitely replicable, and therefore playable again. If they destroy the medium, people will port the games or emulate them. There will even be alternative open internets if the main old networks become too hot and restricted. There already are alternatives starting up around the world. There is nothing that can stop the proliferation of information now. Once people have a new technology, especially such radically transformative technologies as global information networks, restricting it is simply impossible.

Liberty will always prevail because there are always more people smarter than those stupid enough to want power.

yeah instead of hacking and backing up DRM stuff and blah blah blah fight the power. I think I will just got to play n trade and just pick up a used copy instead.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Look how sad it become. :lol:

BTW - it amuses me that the girls tries to be so tech-sevy, yet she can't hold a screwdriver properly.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:14 pm

You could say
*put's on sunglasses*
She holds it like a girl

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:15 pm

She does make great vids, that's for sure. HD+professional graphic effects make for a nice watch, even if the outcome of the things she did was bloody obvious from the start.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bambi » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:16 pm

Dorian wrote:Impulses are good more often than they're not, although I know most people won't agree with me.

Humans are all about feelings in the end.

For me, these Nier shots look like shit, but it's just my dose of emotions. I don't look down on Henry Spencer just because his dose of emotions is different in regards to the said shots. Human brain works on so many levels at the same time, it truly is a mystery. We have no right to say which art/game/movie/chick/guy/whatever is hot and which isn't. Accepting the differences between our viewpoints is not a weakness, it's actually a strength because it takes a lot of strength not to go on a killing rampage to eliminate all the fuckers we don't agree with. So, my dear gaming friends, let's all rejoice that we can live and play video games, no matter if we agree with each other or not.

Totally agree, I don't play games that much anymore (the last console I really loved and used was my Dreamcast) but I have a passion for movies, my taste spans all genres and degrees of critcal acclaim, I'm especially fond of world cinema (as you know!) but I can't stand the snobbishness you find in film discussion groups and internet forums. People can be so closed minded, have you ever checked out the message board at IMDB? Dear God. It's like if you don't agree with Ebert's every review then you're automatically Michael Bay's #1 fan or something.
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:32 pm

I FUCKING LOVE VIDEO GAMES! FUCK YEAH!
...ehem sorry. Video games are awesome. That is all
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:46 pm

^^I had a very similar kind of "epiphany" just last night. I'd been playing the Ico and SotC collection, and decided to pop in Dawn of Dreams to see how well it would look when I get around to recording footage from it.
And in all three cases, I was actually excited.
Somehow, despite having played all three of these games over and over, I was actually impressed and amazed by them all over again. I went to bed feeling like "Man, I can't fucking wait to pick up the controller again tomorrow".
So yes. I do concur.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Sometimes on non gaming forums when someone want's be snarky they will call me "guy" so all I can do is post this
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby ThyDarkAngel » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:45 pm

You know that guy that thinks hes pretty clever, posting FF pictures and stuff...

O:)
ThyDarkAngel
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: LOADING...

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:26 am

ThyDarkAngel wrote:You know that guy that thinks hes pretty clever, posting FF pictures and stuff...

O:)

don't poison me with your lies!
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming