Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:11 pm

Dorian I have a major passion for gaming also. I even have some nerdy sig that says Life?!...What Console is that on?

Still at the end of the day it's just toys made from plastic assembled by some 5 year old kid in china and not important necessities of life.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Playing video games is playing video games. Duh!

You people obviously play too much video games, though, as your ability to read with understanding is dwindling. Nobody wrote here that games are one of "necessities of life". What of modern life is a necessity to being with? Gaming is just one of the options you have. It has nothing more or less going on than partying, drinking, watching TV, listening to MP3s or using Facebook.

Dorian has received a thanks from: Spokane
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Since when did a bleeding power plug for Master System cost £12!? Not including an RF lead and a controller. Bullshit.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Since when did a bleeding power plug for Master System cost £12!? Not including an RF lead and a controller. Bullshit.

Internet auction hustlers got to you as well, or is it in a traditional store?
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Dorian wrote:
Crimson Ryan wrote: Since when did a bleeding power plug for Master System cost £12!? Not including an RF lead and a controller. Bullshit.

Internet auction hustlers got to you as well, or is it in a traditional store?

Casual browsing on eBay. Local indie shops probably don't stock just the cables, if they'd even take a Master System at all anymore. Since a friend gave it to me, I thought I'd try and get some use out of it rather than just throw it at a games or charity shop..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:25 pm

If Pal plugs were not so different I would just send you one
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:25 pm

Dorian wrote: Playing video games is playing video games. Duh!

You people obviously play too much video games, though, as your ability to read with understanding is dwindling. Nobody wrote here that games are one of "necessities of life". What of modern life is a necessity to being with? Gaming is just one of the options you have. It has nothing more or less going on than partying, drinking, watching TV, listening to MP3s or using Facebook.

Nobody said that it was a necessity of life, you tool. We were challenging you on your rather stupid and preposterous notion that there is a certain way to appreciate gaming in it's "purest form", as if you need to be some kind of higher being to play games at a level akin to a demigod like yourself.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Ha! Try harder to get my address ;) Thanks anyway.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Ha! Try harder to get my address ;) Thanks anyway.

He's not the Unabomber as far as I know.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:28 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:Casual browsing on eBay. Local indie shops probably don't stock just the cables, if they'd even take a Master System at all anymore. Since a friend gave it to me, I thought I'd try and get some use out of it rather than just throw it at a games or charity shop..

eBay prices can be ridiculous when it comes to retro gaming, but you should look some more. Most of the time, there's a good auction hidden underneath all the bullshit ones.

I have two SMS, but both are "100 hand" material and they have occasional problems with working properly. It reminds me to check the SMS verions of Sonic.

We were challenging you on your rather stupid and preposterous notion that there is a certain way to appreciate gaming in it's "purest form", as if you need to be some kind of higher being to play games at a level akin to a demigod like yourself.

That notion is true. Pure gaming is dying. Less and less people understand how video games work because more and more video games throw off the hardcore elements to become something more of an auto-piloted flashy comics than actual video games. That, in turn, creates more laziness in the users who lower their standards. Soon, the "playing" part can die out and people will start to want hi-end plastic boxes with a lot of lights that would stroke their balls/pussies.
Last edited by Dorian on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:35 pm

Might just be harder to find because the one I was given is a Master System 2. Apparently, they differ in cables altogether. Christ knows.. I'll hang on to it a little longer and if there's no luck I'll donate it.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Damn Dorian dear fucking god it's just a fucking CD in a toy you press buttons then you go YAY fun then have a wank and be done. Get out of here with this PURE bunk. :lol:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Bluecast wrote: Damn Dorian dear fucking god it's just a fucking CD in a toy you press buttons then you go YAY fun then have a wank and be done. Get out of here with this PURE bunk. :lol:

You can write the same idiocy about books. "ITS JUST A PIECE OF FUCKING PAPER WITH BLACK SHIT ON IT! GET OUT OF HERE WITH THIS LITERACY BUNK!"
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Dorian wrote:
Bluecast wrote: Damn Dorian dear fucking god it's just a fucking CD in a toy you press buttons then you go YAY fun then have a wank and be done. Get out of here with this PURE bunk. :lol:

You can write the same idiocy about books. "ITS JUST A PIECE OF FUCKING PAPER WITH BLACK SHIT ON IT! GET OUT OF HERE WITH THIS LITERACY BUNK!"

:lol: D you are such a dunce at times. This might sound like the kettle calling the pot but get out more man.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Bluecast wrote:
Dorian wrote:

:lol: D you are such a dunce at times. This might sound like the kettle calling the pot but get out more man.

Said the guy who just wasted a shitload of money on absolutely redundant electronic toys "because he could".

It could have been a trip to Japan. It could have been something creative. Not to mention charity.

Fucking hypocrite is more like it, Ryudo.
Last edited by Dorian on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming