Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby KiBa » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:43 am

I've heard the full game is a unique experience.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 am

Dorian wrote: Oh, come on! The installs take 10 minutes at max and they save you hours of load times and make your Blu-ray drive live longer. Installs are AWESOME. I just can't accept moaning about those 10 minutes (at max).

Anyway, I want Skyward Sword. BADLY. It just hit me that I fucking need it ASAP. That and a nunchuk.

I'm a filthy Link fanboy.

Depends on the game. Plenty of PS3 games with 30 minute + install times and even more of a pain if they game has updates. By the time i bought Uncharted 2 i had to wait for 6 updates to download and Install which took around half an hour and...........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8NhxD0-Ek[/youtube]

That was the day it came out so imagine now with all the updates on top. Installs need to always be optional IMO.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:01 am

So its turning out there are alot of HD collections I am wanting. there is MGS, ZOE, I saw DBZ Budokai HD Collection is coming out, the only good dbz fighters they ever made. Also wouldnt mind checking out the DMC HD collection, and may not be able to get any of them :/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 am

I love the ability to install this gen. Fool proof way of makin sure second hand games work. But I know where you're comin from, it annoys the missus too.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:51 am

I like it as an option. Some games [open world] get installed right away but a lot of games shouldn't need to be installed.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:Depends on the game. Plenty of PS3 games with 30 minute + install times and even more of a pain if they game has updates. By the time i bought Uncharted 2 i had to wait for 6 updates to download and Install which took around half an hour and...........

No, the installs don't take more than 10 minutes. MGS4 and Rage have the biggest installs and it takes around 10 minutes to install them. You are mixing everything up. Patches and big DLC games are totally different than the game install feature.

Complaining about installing is ridiculous and shows how dangerously lazy and peevish the human race is becoming. People moan about 10 minutes of wait (30 if you take an extreme case of installation+patches) when the wait saves them hours of load times. Oh, humanity...

People are so fucking dumb. Nobody reads anymore, nobody goes out and looks and explores the society and culture that they were brought up in. People have attention spans of 5 seconds and as much depth as a glass of water.

-- David Bowie
Last edited by Dorian on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:09 pm

I even posted a vid showing a game having longer than 10 minutes. Bioshock 2 takes around 20 minutes and MGS4 has several installs throughout the game to keep the times down. But since the patch you can do it in 1 go and yeah its a long install.

And that's without patches which are a whole different ball game so no I'm not mixing everything up.

And its lazy to complain about having to sit and wait to play a game? :lol: Or going off and doing something else while you wait.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:But since the patch you can do it in 1 go and yeah its a long install.

I know the post-patch MGS4 install takes 10 minutes because I did it and MGS4 has the biggest PS3 installation along with Rage. Youtube videos are bullshit, often edited to make it all look far longer than it really is. It's also possible that people use nearly burned-out drives to make them.

Who Really Cares? wrote:And that's without patches which are a whole different ball game so no I'm not mixing everything up.

And its lazy to complain about having to sit and wait to play a game? :lol: Or going off and doing something else while you wait.

No, installs take 10 minutes at max. Stop your irrational propaganda. Patches are a different matter and most of the time it's about people using slow connections to DL them.

It's lazy and peevish as hell when you're so caught up in 10 minutes installs when every human being is wasting years of life on pointless crap. That's part of our existence and 10 minutes PS3 installs are totally insignificant. Plus, it actually helps you save a lot of time afterwards so it's also stupid to complain about it.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:21 pm

:lol: so much denial over installs of all things.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:25 pm

It took about 17 min for Uncharted 3 last night to install. Still didn't bother me really. I played Some Uncharted 3. Don;t judge me I set it on the easiest setting because I knew I would suck ass at shooting. I just hate shooting esp manual aiming with analog. In any case I loved exploring that old mansion. Visually VERY impressed and I don;t even ave my HDTV yet. The climbing looks kinda silly but oh well. I did overall enjoy myself.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:27 pm

No, you're mistaken. Installs take no more than ten minutes at max.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 pm

:lol: Ok I flipped on the fanboy thing but flipping on installs? Come on....
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

It might just be that I still have an old "fat" PS3, but installs usually take longer than 10 minutes for me (depending on the game of course). I know for a fact that the last two Yakuza games took my PS3 longer than 10 minutes to install, as well as Binary Domain.
I'm not complaining though. I don't mind it at all since, as has been mentioned, fifteen to twenty minutes is absolutely nothing in comparison to the benefits of an install. I just take that time to make lunch or something. And the Yakuza games usually have some pretty good music playing during the installs, so it's win-win.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:37 pm

OL wrote: It might just be that I still have an old "fat" PS3, but installs usually take longer than 10 minutes for me (depending on the game of course). I know for a fact that the last two Yakuza games took my PS3 longer than 10 minutes to install, as well as Binary Domain.
I'm not complaining though. I don't mind it at all since, as has been mentioned, fifteen to twenty minutes is absolutely nothing in comparison to the benefits of an install. I just take that time to make lunch or something. And the Yakuza games usually have some pretty good music playing during the installs, so it's win-win.

:sad: YOu never sent a PM back. You don't want to be PSN friends.......ok :morning: :puppydogeyes:
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:38 pm

I hate updates on the PS3 more but like i said with installs i prefer to have them optional.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming