Gaming thoughts of the day

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Gaming thoughts of the day

Postby Spokane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: When was the last time you were invited to a party?

Well I am positive it was a gay orgy so it was nothing any of us would want to be involved with anyway.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:38 pm

I wouldn't even believe that. The typical homosexual is up for a laugh. I highly doubt there are enough socially inept depressed gays in Poland that can make up the required number to have an orgy, but to be so dull to invite Dorian along? I think you're living in a fantasy world Spokes.

July. It was awful to get invited to a party. Everybody on this god-forsaken planet is a mental patient smearing the reality with their own shit, and it gets even more evident during parties, especially the ones with posers such as you, MiTT3NZ.

And Dorian, thank you. Thank you SO much for proving my point. You have got to be the biggest killjoy I've ever had the displeasure of coming across. Either that or you're one of the most clever, committed trolls the internet has ever seen. Though I doubt it, sadly.
Last edited by MiTT3NZ on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Spokane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:38 pm

For the record though. I do agree with Dorian on Peter not being too into games anymore. Yes he still loves Shenmue but he just hasn't seemed to be into gaming in a sense of finishing a story based game. On PSN he has been playing CoD lately, and some Red Dead, yes it has a great story, but I think he finished it along time ago. And FIFA 13. He got Sleeping Dogs new and I don't think he finished much of that.

This is just an observation on my part, I am not calling him out for this, just observing. Peter I know is a better man than me and he is looking forward to better things than video games.

Spokane has received 2 thanks from: Bluecast, Dorian
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:40 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: When was the last time you were invited to a party?

July. It was awful to get invited to a party. Everybody on this god-forsaken planet is a mental patient smearing the reality with their own shit, and it gets even more evident during parties, especially the ones with posers such as you, MiTT3NZ.

Dorian has received a thanks from: Spokane
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:42 pm

So, that begs the question, why interact with anyone at all?
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: So, that begs the question, why interact with anyone at all?

Because some people are beyond being people. There are gems in this pit of shit. I enjoy finding them.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Spokane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Alright, I will say something sentimental and gay. Dorian you are that gem in the pile of shit.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 pm

"Beyond being people"? Wow. I truly hope that thirty years from now you can look back on your life with a smile on your face, I genuinely do.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:21 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: "Beyond being people"? Wow. I truly hope that thirty years from now you can look back on your life with a smile on your face, I genuinely do.

Do you understand at least the basic concepts of Karmic religions? Of course not! Your avijja must be this great if you're so perplexed by "beyond being people".

Go to a party or something. You spend too much time online.
Last edited by Dorian on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Kenny » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Spokane wrote: For the record though. I do agree with Dorian on Peter not being too into games anymore. Yes he still loves Shenmue but he just hasn't seemed to be into gaming in a sense of finishing a story based game. On PSN he has been playing CoD lately, and some Red Dead, yes it has a great story, but I think he finished it along time ago. And FIFA 13. He got Sleeping Dogs new and I don't think he finished much of that.

This is just an observation on my part, I am not calling him out for this, just observing. Peter I know is a better man than me and he is looking forward to better things than video games.

How can someone not be into games and be STILL PLAYING GAMES AT THE SAME TIME?

That's called changing your taste. It happens all the time. What you really liked before changes when you get older for various reasons like subject matter, having the time to commit, and so on. Not being into games means you're limiting your playtime or even eliminating it altogether. All this talk about not being tuned into games like its a higher plane of existence is pretentious as hell.

Kenny has received 3 thanks from: Bluecast, MiTT3NZ, Who Really Cares?
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:37 pm

OH! Snap! You're a spiritual/religious guy? Yeah, I don't believe in it. Any of it. You've obviously long since left the real world, so carry on with your "I am above society" bollocks, and let's end the discussion there.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:48 pm

There's nothing wrong in playing video games seriously when you're an adult.

Masahiro Sakurai, 42, just admitted that he's not only a game maker - he's also an avid gamer. In fact, he is such an avid gamer that his PS3's HDD couldn't handle the stress he was putting on it.

Partying like crazy, having sex with dubious characters or wasting one's time on watching sports is considered "adult", but playing video games is suddenly "childish".

Fucking bullshit created by people who insist on formatting the world to their needs. The world is derived of "rules". People make them, and as the saying goes - it's not awkward unless you make it awkward.

Too many big-headed people who think that they've found universal formulas for success spread their shit across the world. Happiness is as diverse as the denizens of this planet themselves.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Spokane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Kenny wrote:
Spokane wrote: For the record though. I do agree with Dorian on Peter not being too into games anymore. Yes he still loves Shenmue but he just hasn't seemed to be into gaming in a sense of finishing a story based game. On PSN he has been playing CoD lately, and some Red Dead, yes it has a great story, but I think he finished it along time ago. And FIFA 13. He got Sleeping Dogs new and I don't think he finished much of that.

How can someone not be into games and be STILL PLAYING GAMES AT THE SAME TIME?

That's called changing your taste. It happens all the time. What you really liked before changes when you get older for various reasons like subject matter, having the time to commit, and so on. Not being into games means you're limiting your playtime or even eliminating it altogether. All this talk about not being tuned into games like its a higher plane of existence is pretentious as hell.

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Childish but whatever.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Dorian » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Xenoverse is definitely the best portal for Xenogears and Xenosaga fans, but the author got carried a way a little bit:

1998-2006
Tetsuya Takahashi's Xenogears and Xenosaga series is one of the grandest epics in the annals of imaginative story-telling, and gaming's, and science fiction's answer to Russian literature; a brilliant existential science fiction epic of high adventure, enormous cast of characters, commentaries on religion, ideology, philosophy, science and psychology, with immense scope, leaving The Lord of the Rings and the much praised Dune science fiction series far behind.

Rash and reckless, a young 30-year-old Takahashi with almost literary and cinematic ambition worked day and night directing his debut RPG title Xenogears back in 1996, filling it to the brink with messages, allegories, religious symbolism, social commentary, esoteric knowledge, psychological themes, romance, giant robots, dinosaurs, his ideal woman, and all the other things he enjoyed, with the sole aim to express himself, leaving exhausted co-workers and overwhelmed gamers in his wake, as he went on to create his own company in order to pursue his relentless drive to produce what might very well have been intended to be the most epic story of all time. And Tetsuya Takahashi left an intriguing legacy to his captivated audience. Welcome to the information center dedicated to the collection and preservation of Xenogears and Xenosaga information as well as in-depth analysis, essays, articles, and study guide on the subject.

This site was created to keep Tetsuya Takahashi's vision of Xenogears and Xenosaga alive, the self-expressive works made by the "young and reckless" Tetsuya Takahashi, and guide new fans through his older but richer and more complex works, their history, and to the man himself.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Playing games is not just a hobby; it's a way of life. Man.

QWERTY has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming