The Elder Scrolls

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: TES: Skyrim

Postby Who Really Cares? » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:45 pm

I found Fallout 3 rather dull. Liked blowing peoples heads off in slow mo but that was about it.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:48 pm

I think Bethesda is way overrated. Not a fan.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:52 pm

I thought we had a thread for this...ah well I'm super excited, while the console versions of morrowind and oblivion were a bit disappointing, the patchs for the pc versions delivered the goods.

The music seem meh but the gameplay seems good. I'll wait for a steam sale.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby hxcx af fan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:53 pm

I liked Fallout 3 being as it was new to me, but when I played New Vegas i was just kinda like meh... That's really my only fear for Skyrim, is Bethesda implementing a lot of Fallout into it. I know they are going to use the perk system, but I hope that's as far as it goes with that.

Ryudo wrote:I think Bethesda is way overrated. Not a fan.

See that's the feel I'm getting, Bethesda makes beautiful games, but it seems like once you've played one the next aren't as special. They made a major jump from Morrowind to Oblivion, but they also jumped console generations so that's expected. Hoping they can make a similar jump while remaining on the same console with Skyrim
hxcx af fan
Master of the Three Blades

Postby OL » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:53 pm

Ryudo wrote:I think Bethesda is way overrated. Not a fan.

Only based on Morrowind, though. Oblivion and Fallout 3 are much different. Much, much more playable.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby hxcx af fan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:56 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I thought we had a thread for this...ah well I'm super excited, while the console versions of morrowind and oblivion were a bit disappointing, the patchs for the pc versions delivered the goods.

I went back a little ways to see if there was an existing post, I didn't find one, but for all I know i passed right over it.
And I definitely Know some people that swear by TES on PC
hxcx af fan

Postby Bluecast » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm not the bugs guy but damn Fallout new Vegas. :lol:
Also no not just Morrowind. That Star Trek Game was fucking terrible
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:59 pm

hxcx af fan wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:I thought we had a thread for this...ah well I'm super excited, while the console versions of morrowind and oblivion were a bit disappointing, the patchs for the pc versions delivered the goods.

I went back a little ways to see if there was an existing post, I didn't find one, but for all I know i passed right over it.
And I definitely Know some people that swear by TES on PC

ah, guess it got merged or was in another thread.

but yea, i'm not "normal" tho. I've liked the series for a while, and I'm one of the few that liked New Vegas over Fallout 3 (because it felt more like Fallout 2 to me)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby hxcx af fan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Yeah I don't know many people that played Fallout prior to the 3rd one. When I was real into Fallout 3 I looked back at the older ones, but never played them.
hxcx af fan

Postby OL » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:08 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:but yea, i'm not "normal" tho. I've liked the series for a while, and I'm one of the few that liked New Vegas over Fallout 3 (because it felt more like Fallout 2 to me)

This is why I still want to play New Vegas. Fallout 2 is still my favorite one in the series (gotta be one of my top 10 favorite games overall, actually), so after hearing Vegas was a bit like it, it piqued my interest. Still not sure why I haven't played it yet. :lol:
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:17 pm

^Pretty sure the reason why New Vegas gets compred to Fallout 2 is because the same director of both games (Chris Avellone) work on them both as lead designer/writer. Obsidian consists of mostly the original Fallout teams.

Never even played an Elder Scrolls game before, so I hope this game is good, I'll give it a rental.
Last edited by Henry Spencer on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby hxcx af fan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Henry Spencer wrote:Never even played an Elder Scrolls game before, so I hope this game is good, I'll give it a rental.

This being your first time playing one, I can't imagine anything but you liking it. If for nothing more than just graphics, and freedom.
hxcx af fan

Postby KiBa » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:05 pm

I am really looking forward to Skyrim. I love Elder Scrolls. No other game offers such detailed character creation to make virtual girlfriends with.
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

Postby Kenny » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 pm

I always confuse this shit with the new Zelda game.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Tuffty » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:14 pm

I'm gonna say it's more Oblivion than it will be Morrowind. I kinda hope they go back to that world at some point, cause out of any other game, Morrowind's certainly felt the most alien. Oblivion's was pretty looking, still a great game, but after a time you realised they reused a lot of dungeons, towns kind of looked the same and the level scaling was pretty bad. Thieves you saw at the beginning of the game now wear glass armour when you're at a high level? Kinda killed it for me.

Very excited for Skyrim though. I imagine a number of bugs will show up in the game and people will complain without realising it's a Bethesda game and they'd buy it anyway. I personally am looking forward to seeing the world itself, particularly at different times of day. Oblivion at dusk and dawn was absolutely fabulous and I remember first time I played it just staring up at the star filled night sky. Weather effects should be cool, read a preview where someone said they got caught in a blizzard during a fight and they could barely see the enemy through it.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming