Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Crimson Dragon [Project Draco]

Postby OL » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:58 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote:XBox 360 version not officially canned as of now

If that's true, then I might not be done with it after all.
Keep it on 360, allow controller support (as is apparently confirmed now)... they'll have my purchase.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Yes it officially supports controller and Kinect gameplay now.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby ShenmueTree » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Too bad I'll never play this. :(
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:09 am

Crimson Dragon is Panzer Dragoon but with a different name. Most of the team that created the original has returned. This includes the lead designer, Yukio Futatsugi who I actually got to meet. Yes, I totally turned into a 13 year old girl at a New Kids On The Block concert when I saw him and took a picture with him. Anyway, so the original team is back which explains why Crimson Dragon FEELS like Panzer Dragoon. When I had that fancy Xbox One controller in my hand I was 15 years old again.

Just like Panzer Dragoon saga, Crimson Dragon is a rail shooter. However, since it’s 2013, the controls have been updated. You can now move the targeting reticule and your dragon independently. This makes the game feel modern but since you’re still stuck on a set path, it hasn’t veered too far off from its roots. To attack enemies you drag your reticle over them and weak spots are highlighted. Once the reticles turn read you can press the fire button to attack. This mechanic works as well today as it did 18 years ago.

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/conten ... b3R9tiDmSo
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:12 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/17/panze ... ragon-rpg/

He also wants to make a Crimson Dragon RPG
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Bit on the short side[story wise] but only 79p and I enjoyed Crimson Dragon: Side Story and the music is lovely! Very Panzer Dragoon.

Not sure if things will still carry over to Crimson Dragon.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Game supports controllers. Finally. (EDIT: Didn't notice the confirmation before, my bad) Game is both on rails and features sections that are not on rails too. Game should have released on 360 though...

Crimson Dragon is seen by many as a spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon. With series creator Yukio Futatsugi serving as director on this new on-rails dragon-based shooting game, it's easy to see why.

The game has been under-the-radar for quite some time. While originally designed as a Kinect-exclusive game for Xbox 360, the project has since moved to Xbox One. Switching platforms opened up a new possibility for developer Grounding: not only does their shooter use Kinect, it uses a controller as well.

Xbox One can support both controller and Kinect simultaneously, something Grounding wanted to take advantage of when switching platforms. Futatsugi explained to us that the game takes advantages of the strengths of each control input. "It's better to use the controller for dragon control," Futatsugi explained. "But rolling motions, your body normally moves, so Kinect is better."

So, you'll be able to aim with the controller and dodge by moving your body to the side--even while sitting down. Kinect is also used for voice commands on partner dragons. You'll be able to say "Advance Forward, Fall Back, Assault" for the AI.

With the addition of controller support, Crimson Dragon is no longer a rails-only game. There's also free-flight sections, where you can control the full flight path of the dragon. As expected, you'll be flying around larger-than-life bosses that take up the more-than-the-entire-screen. In combat, you'll be able to switch between multiple reticules. There's the default Rez-style, which has you holding a button and moving a cursor over multiple enemies to lock on. There's also "rectangle-style," which is weaker, but bombards a larger area of the screen with automatic fire. Each firing mode performs better in specific situations.

It may seem odd that such a long-awaited game would launch for $20, but there could be a number of reasons for it. Visually, Crimson Dragon is far from impressive. Powered by Unreal Engine 3, the game wouldn't be particularly noteworthy on Xbox 360, let alone Xbox One. In addition, it doesn't appear there will be too much content either, with the game shipping with five missions and six dragons.

Of course, there are plans for post-release updates. "We have additional map downloads planned," Futatsugi said. However, whether or not it will be paid DLC or a free title update hasn't been decided. Crimson Dragon will be available at Xbox One's launch.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/81553/ ... ith-kinect

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Previous

Return to General Gaming